Psychiatrist's notebook

"I’m hoping to use social media to evaluate the justifiability of ‘five axis’ DSM diagnosis and perhaps develop new avenues of treatment based on group evaluations."

"I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know."

[Refictionalized 7 Nov 2012]

Re: Psychiatrist's notebook

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:48 pm

You can ask saying you know someone who likes to go to that restaurant or something. Just a thought. It would keep you from sounding like conspiracy theorists.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:51 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:That would confirm my theory about someone/ a group manipulating the fics.

Someone Twitter her and ask if she saw a weird looking dude with an orange beard. If she ignores the Tweet, consider the WMG as "probably Jossed" A reaction of some kind implies we may be on to something. More vague questions about the other customers in the building may also turn up leads.

If she ignores it it's probably more likely. She probably wants to avoid spoilers.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:53 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:That would confirm my theory about someone/ a group manipulating the fics.

Someone Twitter her and ask if she saw a weird looking dude with an orange beard. If she ignores the Tweet, consider the WMG as "probably Jossed" A reaction of some kind implies we may be on to something. More vague questions about the other customers in the building may also turn up leads.

If she ignores it it's probably more likely. She probably wants to avoid spoilers.

Negative. if she is asked directly she needs to answer. Doing otherwise would be railroading. It would also be odd behavior from the puppetmasters. Or at least, it wouldn't match up to the profile of them I have collected so far.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:54 pm

Easiest way to avoid giving something away is to ignore the question.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby The Finch on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:54 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Easiest way to avoid giving something away is to ignore the question.

EXACTLY
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Adell on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:55 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Negative. if she is asked directly she needs to answer. Doing otherwise would be railroading. It would also be odd behavior from the puppetmasters. Or at least, it wouldn't match up to the profile of them I have collected so far.

Sicon, that really shouldn't matter if they don't want to acknowledge something or not. Let's be honest, they'll tell us what they want us to know.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:56 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Easiest way to avoid giving something away is to ignore the question.

I know, but assuming that Stein WAS there plotwise, and we were smart enough to think of it and ask, ignoring us is railroading us on the plot line that they have set up. If they want to avoid doing so, they HAVE to give us a response somehow. That doesn't mean that a response confirms it, and depending on the response, it may be Jossed anyway, but they do need to give us something if we are on the right track.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:59 pm

Sicon112 wrote:

I know, but assuming that Stein WAS there plotwise, and we were smart enough to think of it and ask, ignoring us is railroading us on the plot line that they have set up. If they want to avoid doing so, they HAVE to give us a response somehow. That doesn't mean that a response confirms it, and depending on the response, it may be Jossed anyway, but they do need to give us something if we are on the right track.

They aren't strangers to railroading. It's only now that the detectives have decided to meet, now that the GMs have decided it's appropriate.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:59 pm

Look, if they are railroading us, there really isn't anything we can do except say What The Hell, Puppet Masters. Therefore, we must operate under the assumption that they are NOT. This allows us to keep moving forward in situations where we would otherwise probably remain because we didn't think anything actually resulting was likely. Basically, we must assume that all our actions will be accounted for in some way, or the point of making any action in the first place becomes moot.

Secondly, assuming non-railroading and assuming that they account for all our actions actually makes it more annoying for them to railroad in a lot of situations, so it also is kinda vindictive. ;)
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby The Finch on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:00 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Look, if they are railroading us, there really isn't anything we can do except say What The Hell, Puppet Masters. Therefore, we must operate under the assumption that they are NOT. This allows us to keep moving forward in situations where we would otherwise probably remain because we didn't think anything actually resulting was likely. Basically, we must assume that all our actions will be accounted for in some way, or the point of making any action in the first place becomes moot.

Secondly, assuming non-railroading and assuming that they account for all our actions actually makes it more annoying for them to railroad in a lot of situations, so it also is kinda vindictive. ;)

(SLAP)

THAT'S FOR USING A TROPE

NOW DRINK
The Finch

Postby Adell on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:01 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Look, if they are railroading us, there really isn't anything we can do except say What The Hell, Puppet Masters. Therefore, we must operate under the assumption that they are NOT. This allows us to keep moving forward in situations where we would otherwise probably remain because we didn't think anything actually resulting was likely. Basically, we must assume that all our actions will be accounted for in some way, or the point of making any action in the first place becomes moot.

Sicon, please stop with this gambit talk. It's making my head hurt.

And by that I mean, stay on topic, this is way too meta, talk about it in another thread if you MUST.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:02 pm

*Sighs*

We're here to solve the puzzles we're given and to move the plot forward when we do. Operating under the assumption we're free to do as we like plotwise will make this more enjoyable. But realism is aproppriate in places.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:03 pm

Adell wrote:Sicon, please stop with this gambit talk.

Really? Why? It made sense to me... This is just how my mind works, though. (Were you serious or just teasing. I can't really tell...)
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:03 pm

NeverSlender wrote:*Sighs*

We're here to solve the puzzles we're given and to move the plot forward when we do. Operating under the assumption we're free to do as we like plotwise will make this more enjoyable. But realism is aproppriate in places.

So you just aren't gonna do it? What would it hurt?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Cmon, guys, this is like the Lime plan, a no loss, all gain situation. It won't really hurt things, meta or in-character, so we should be fine.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:07 pm

Look, the plan itself is fine (to me anyway), but we don't need a page worth of derailment explaining why it should be done (especially in the way you explained it).
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:07 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:*Sighs*

So you just aren't gonna do it? What would it hurt?

If you had a twitter you might have seen that I've already asked if any suspicious people were around, before we started this conversation in fact. But that's not my point. My point is that regardless of whether I get a response, it doesn't disprove the theory.

Now, back on topic if you please.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:10 pm

Would it be too rude for me to ruin your meta-talk by saying that if the puppetmasters don't want us to move in that direction, the psychiatrist will just answer that she didn't see the orange-bearded guy? It's not like she has an eagle-eye. Duh. :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:12 pm

Dryunya wrote:Would it be too rude for me to ruin your meta-talk by saying that if the puppetmasters don't want us to move in that direction, the psychiatrist will just answer that she didn't see the orange-bearded guy? It's not like she has an eagle-eye. Duh. :gurt:

Again, part of my point. I can ask, and have, but if I get a negative response, it doesn't necessarily rule it out.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Adell on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:13 pm

*Places topic back on its rails*

(That means lets drop this, please. At least in this thread.)
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby The Finch on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:14 pm

For reals, lets allow one thread to run safely.
The Finch

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:15 pm

Back on track. She has replied with the restaurant's name (now that Sicon has deduced it already :gurt: ). Considering that she is back online, we should expect her to answer about the suspicious people anytime now. If you asked, of course.

UPD: She didn't see anyone. The case is dropped.
Now the question is: should we go there or not?
Last edited by Dryunya on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:16 pm

A response. No suspicious characters around that she saw. And judging by Holmes' description, Stein counts as "suspicious".
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:17 pm

Dryunya wrote:Back on track. She has replied with the restaurant's name (now that Sicon has deduced it already :gurt: ). Considering that she is back online, we should expect her to answer about the suspicious people anytime now. If you asked, of course.

Do you actually read my posts? I stated twice that I asked her.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:21 pm

Just confirmed. :(
Dryunya

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Joan Lawson, Therapist (and Sweeney Todd)