Psychiatrist's notebook

"I’m hoping to use social media to evaluate the justifiability of ‘five axis’ DSM diagnosis and perhaps develop new avenues of treatment based on group evaluations."

"I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know."

[Refictionalized 7 Nov 2012]

Re: Psychiatrist's notebook

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:49 pm

Apparently, she was glad to hear my "we'll see what we can do".
My guess is that a trip is still in order. Now where was that troper map...
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:13 pm

She is now following me on twitter.
Seriously, why would she do that!? What am I going to say when she sees I'm talking to limes and cats? :?

Now. The closest troper I found is 32_Footsteps (~6 km), the next one is Progeny Ex Machina (~12 km). Anyone up to contact the guys? Because I'm still not sure we are supposed to go for that notebook.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby VicariousShaner on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:03 pm

I've decided to act as if I've found her notebook in order to find out more information about it.

Just have to see how long my ruse will hold up.
VicariousShaner

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:06 pm

VicariousShaner wrote:I've decided to act as if I've found her notebook in order to find out more information about it.

Good luck. Don't piss her off and don't get your lies mixed up.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby VicariousShaner on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:09 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
VicariousShaner wrote:I've decided to act as if I've found her notebook in order to find out more information about it.

Good luck. Don't piss her off and don't get your lies mixed up.

Yeah, it's worth noting she responded and seemed to believe me.

Hopefully more info on this patient in in the notebook. Perhaps, if she asks me to mention something in the book, I can tell her something that she put inside of the notebook about the patient, which she can confirm as true, or false.

Like "You mentioned the patient's full name is "blank blank"

and she will either be like

"YUP THATS MY BOOK" or

"WHAT THE FUCK NO YOU WEIRDO".

This is going to be really akward when we discover she knows nothing about the ARG, and is only dealing with some random guy pretending to be a fictional character so she can write about him.
VicariousShaner

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:15 pm

She's not going to admit she knows about the ARG anyway, is she? And Mr. A has confirmed that her patient is fictional. What more could we ask for?

But seriously, about my twitter. How am I going to use it now? Tomorrow, Don Quixote's hangover is going to pass, and he will get chatty again. The only thing that will then save me from going into a loony bin is physical distance between us (and the fact that the therapist is technically not real).
Dryunya

Postby VicariousShaner on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:19 pm

She probably won't react to anything you say, don't worry about it.
VicariousShaner

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Hope so. :?
Dryunya

Postby YankeeWhite on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:59 am

Agreed about not worrying. Heck I even did a FollowFriday (#FF) tweet with her twitter tag AND all the other relevant ones to the ARG. If anything were to make her suspicious that would be it!!

Also I tweeted Mr. A about the notebook, asking if we should retrieve it or not.
YankeeWhite

Postby VicariousShaner on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Right, so I got a response from her.

@VicariousShaner You could just send me a picture? I'm not sure how the number could be scratched off, it's written on a page on the inside.

I think I may be getting a bit over her head. Any ideas, guys?
VicariousShaner

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:03 pm

VicariousShaner wrote:Right, so I got a response from her.

@VicariousShaner You could just send me a picture? I'm not sure how the number could be scratched off, it's written on a page on the inside.

Do you have the notebook?
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:06 pm

VicariousShaner wrote:Right, so I got a response from her.

You could possibly say that you meant erased and that you just take strange because that's how people talk where you are from? (Make sure to say you just are visiting in Boston or something, or else there will be a contradiction)

From a meta point of view, you are pretty screwed, seeing as the puppet masters already know that you are faking... I'm not sure how exactly to get completely out, but the longer you can keep it going, the better, since she may leak info.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby StarWarsMonkey on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:13 pm

why don't we just find someone to get the notebook instead of trying to fake it... seems like a better use of our efforts. dryu, have you heard back from anyone yet?
StarWarsMonkey

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:40 pm

StarWarsMonkey wrote:why don't we just find someone to get the notebook instead of trying to fake it... seems like a better use of our efforts. dryu, have you heard back from anyone yet?

We had a bad experience trying to act on field (Riddles topic, Cheshire section). I'm not sure people here are very keen on the ideia of another field hunt. At least without direct orders from Mr. A, I guess.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Guyshane on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:45 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
StarWarsMonkey wrote:why don't we just find someone to get the notebook instead of trying to fake it... seems like a better use of our efforts. dryu, have you heard back from anyone yet?

We had a bad experience trying to act on field (Riddles topic, Cheshire section). I'm not sure people here are very keen on the ideia of another field hunt. At least without direct orders from Mr. A, I guess.

We still have to try
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:47 pm

Guyshane wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:

We still have to try

Well, if you know someone in Boston, feel free ask 'em to pitch in.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby ToMorning on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Does anyone happen to have an account on Unfiction? Maybe those guys have contacts in Boston. Might be worth asking in case the tropers Dryunya found can't do it.
ToMorning

Postby VicariousShaner on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:06 pm

Attempting to use conversation with therapist to make her spill some more views on the possible location of the notebook.

Not that I'm anywhere near Boston.
VicariousShaner

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:07 pm

VicariousShaner wrote:Attempting to use conversation with therapist to make her spill some more views on the possible location of the notebook.

Not that I'm anywhere near Boston.

Every little bit helps.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby VicariousShaner on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:33 pm

@VicariousShaner I left it at La Summa, an Italian restaurant. I guess there is a chance someone put it in their lost and found?

Someone please tell me if this information was already known, to determine if I am able to brag rightfully or not.

(Assuming it wasn't this seems a lot more clear than a random search party)
VicariousShaner

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:37 pm

VicariousShaner wrote:@VicariousShaner I left it at La Summa, an Italian restaurant. I guess there is a chance someone put it in their lost and found?

Someone please tell me if this information was already known, to determine if I am able to brag rightfully or not.

(Assuming it wasn't this seems a lot more clear than a random search party)

I deduced La Summa roughly 100 seconds after this thread started via the power of Google. Check the first page. Thanks for confirming it, though.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby VicariousShaner on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:39 pm

Great! Now we just have to wait for someone to grab the notebook from their lost and found.
VicariousShaner

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:40 pm

VicariousShaner wrote:Great! Now we just have to wait for someone to grab the notebook from their lost and found.

Mr. A just said to get our asses to Boston and get that notebook. Joy of joys. Dryu, I see you on. Any luck with Troper Maps this time?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:03 pm

I've replied here. I got one response from 32_footsteps, but he had moved, and doesn't have time because of IRL. Basically, no luck so far. Sorry.
UPD: I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but Mr. A has both confirmed that we need to retrieve the notebook, and that a third party may be involved.
Dryunya

Postby Jeroic9 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:35 pm

Whoever gets the notebook, let the rest of us know. Other Boston-area tropers can be contacted (namely myself) and deductions can be made. Assuming I don't get it, in which case I'll gladly divulge the contents.

Now let's see, when's the next time I can go out to eat...
I wrote a book. Adding to the far side of the wall.
Jeroic9

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Joan Lawson, Therapist (and Sweeney Todd)