Psychiatrist's notebook

"I’m hoping to use social media to evaluate the justifiability of ‘five axis’ DSM diagnosis and perhaps develop new avenues of treatment based on group evaluations."

"I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know."

[Refictionalized 7 Nov 2012]

Re: Psychiatrist's notebook

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:39 pm

Jeroic9 wrote:Whoever gets the notebook, let the rest of us know. Other Boston-area tropers can be contacted (namely myself) and deductions can be made. Assuming I don't get it, in which case I'll gladly divulge the contents.

Now let's see, when's the next time I can go out to eat...

If you could get out there, that would be awesome. If you need a re-post of the location, name, or anything of the place, let me know. Check if they have a lost and found. (Also, watch out for Sweeny Todd)

In the meantime, someone tell the therapist that we have a guy who is gonna head to the place and ask for any info that may help us get her notebook back. Let's get this show on the road, hivemind!
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:41 pm

Sicon112 wrote:If you could get out there, that would be awesome. If you need a re-post of the location, name, or anything of the place, let me know. Check if they have a lost and found. (Also, watch out for Sweeny Todd)

In the meantime, someone tell the therapist that we have a guy who is gonna head to the place and ask for any info that may help us get her notebook back. Let's get this show on the road, hivemind!

W00t! :D *passes out, asleep*
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:42 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:If you could get out there, that would be awesome. If you need a re-post of the location, name, or anything of the place, let me know. Check if they have a lost and found. (Also, watch out for Sweeny Todd)

W00t! :D *passes out, asleep*

Erm... I have no smelling salts, but... *waves Green Stuff (TM) under her nose*
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby YankeeWhite on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:50 pm

Someone could always call the restaurant to see if they have the notebook... maybe possibly.
YankeeWhite

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:10 am

Yeah, I wanted to ask the therapist how she could have forgotten that... And then I forgot it myself. :)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:19 am

Dryunya wrote:Yeah, I wanted to ask the therapist how she could have forgotten that... And then I forgot it myself. :)

Ladies and gentlemen, I present... *drum roll* Irony.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Jeroic9 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Jeroic9 wrote:Whoever gets the notebook, let the rest of us know. Other Boston-area tropers can be contacted (namely myself) and deductions can be made. Assuming I don't get it, in which case I'll gladly divulge the contents.

Now let's see, when's the next time I can go out to eat...

If you could get out there, that would be awesome. If you need a re-post of the location, name, or anything of the place, let me know. Check if they have a lost and found. (Also, watch out for Sweeny Todd)

Okay, I'll see if I can get up there soon. Although with those prices, I might just call to not look like a weirdo for not buying anything.
I wrote a book. Adding to the far side of the wall.
Jeroic9

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:32 pm

Jeroic9 wrote:Okay, I'll see if I can get up there soon. Although with those prices, I might just call to not look like a weirdo for not buying anything.

I can totally see why you would do that. :) Sure, go ahead and call to see if they have it.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:50 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Jeroic9 wrote:Okay, I'll see if I can get up there soon. Although with those prices, I might just call to not look like a weirdo for not buying anything.

I can totally see why you would do that. :) Sure, go ahead and call to see if they have it.

Good luck, Jeroic9!
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:07 pm

Mr. A just tweeted.
PHYSICAL ACTION MUST BE TAKEN IN THE REAL WORLD OR THE CAUSE WILL BE LOST.

I asked if he meant the notebook, and he replied with "AMONG OTHER TASKS." I don't know quite what the other tasks are that he's referring to. But evidently we need that notebook.

I'm nowhere near Boston and don't know anyone who is. Has anyone else had any luck?
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Adell on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:10 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:Mr. A just tweeted.
PHYSICAL ACTION MUST BE TAKEN IN THE REAL WORLD OR THE CAUSE WILL BE LOST.

I asked if he meant the notebook, and he replied with "AMONG OTHER TASKS." I don't know quite what the other tasks are that he's referring to. But evidently we need that notebook.

I'm nowhere near Boston and don't know anyone who is. Has anyone else had any luck?

This makes sense, Chesire seemed to warn that someone else might be after the notebook. Unfortunately we don't seem to have any close by (again...), which is why I was trying to get us to recruit more players in the discussion thread.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:17 pm

Idea: Somebody calls the restaurant (I assume they're closed right now, so we'd have to do this tomorrow) and asks after the notebook. Then, whoever makes the call tells a password, agreed upon here, to the restaurant. That way, whoever picks up the notebook would have to know the password. It's possible that our opposition is spying on the forum, but this reduces the chances that somebody not on our side will just waltz in and abscond with the notebook.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:03 am

Hey, that's the best idea ever! In theory, it may buy us a lot of time... Unless the other party decides to just steal the notebook.
One more idea to make the plan foolproof: the one who calls the restaurant posts here that he did. When the Meta-Knight-to-be goes after the notebook, he PMs the one who called, and asks him for the password. What Could Possibly Go Wrong? :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Adell on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:43 am

Dryunya wrote:Hey, that's the best idea ever! In theory, it may buy us a lot of time... Unless the other party decides to just steal the notebook.
One more idea to make the plan foolproof: the one who calls the restaurant posts here that he did. When the Meta-Knight-to-be goes after the notebook, he PMs the one who called, and asks him for the password. What Could Possibly Go Wrong? :gurt:

Well unless the would be meta-knight is a spy :lol:
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:05 am

I did think about that, but now I realize I have nothing to counter it with. :?
Way to go, I'm paranoid now. -_-""
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:18 am

Dryunya wrote:I did think about that, but now I realize I have nothing to counter it with. :?

It's not paranoia when everyone really IS trying to get you, Dryu.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Guyshane on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:48 am

Scarab wrote:
Dryunya wrote:I did think about that, but now I realize I have nothing to counter it with. :?

It's not paranoia when everyone really IS trying to get you, Dryu.

No one is trying to get Dryunya....unless the witch finds out your trying to play her, Dry
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:17 am

Yay! you have finally joined me in suspecting absolutely everyone of absolutely everything! I knew you would come round eventually.

But in all seriousness, that is actually a good idea. if we use it with the Craigslist plan, no one can just look at our ad and then go get the notebook without telling us and take it for themselves. I don't know WHY someone would do that, but I intend to do everything I can to stop them anyway!
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Jeroic9 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:26 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:Idea: Somebody calls the restaurant (I assume they're closed right now, so we'd have to do this tomorrow) and asks after the notebook. Then, whoever makes the call tells a password, agreed upon here, to the restaurant. That way, whoever picks up the notebook would have to know the password. It's possible that our opposition is spying on the forum, but this reduces the chances that somebody not on our side will just waltz in and abscond with the notebook.

Hell my phone is charging right now, I intend to call them up as soon as it''s done at minimum to ask whether it's even there.

Who do I get the feeling our Sweeney may have already found it?

EDIT: I am told that the only notebook left there was a tiny notebook, possibly left deliberately for the owner, and contained a list of produce. La Summa may have been a false trail, or the notebook was already picked up before the establishment found it.
Jeroic9

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Jeroic9 wrote:
narrativedilettante wrote:Idea: Somebody calls the restaurant (I assume they're closed right now, so we'd have to do this tomorrow) and asks after the notebook. Then, whoever makes the call tells a password, agreed upon here, to the restaurant. That way, whoever picks up the notebook would have to know the password. It's possible that our opposition is spying on the forum, but this reduces the chances that somebody not on our side will just waltz in and abscond with the notebook.

Hell my phone is charging right now, I intend to call them up as soon as it''s done at minimum to ask whether it's even there.

Who do I get the feeling our Sweeney may have already found it?

EDIT: I am told that the only notebook left there was a tiny notebook, possibly left deliberately for the owner, and contained a list of produce. La Summa may have been a false trail, or the notebook was already picked up before the establishment found it.

Negative. My lead on La Summa was confirmed by the Twitter of the therapist. Let me think... It could be we and not necessarily meant to get the notebook. Is it possible to get down to the general area and have a look around? Also, someone use this info to ask the therapist on Twitter. I'll analyze any reactions she has for you, and they should tell us more.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:08 pm

The therapist has made it clear it has her number in it, but that might seem insignificant enough not to mention. Maybe that is what we are supposed to get? I mean, lots of ARGs involve phone numbers.
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby Jeroic9 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:46 pm

Chief Wakamakamu wrote:The therapist has made it clear it has her number in it, but that might seem insignificant enough not to mention. Maybe that is what we are supposed to get? I mean, lots of ARGs involve phone numbers.

... crap. I should have thought of that. So who wants to call them next?
Jeroic9

Postby Crewe on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:03 pm

The therapist also said her notebook had her shopping list in it, so I'm thinking that little notebook is her notebook.
Crewe

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:05 pm

Crewe wrote:The therapist also said her notebook had her shopping list in it, so I'm thinking that little notebook is her notebook.

Good catch! That's it!! Jeroic, get down there! We got it! Mwhahahahaha!
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:06 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Crewe wrote:The therapist also said her notebook had her shopping list in it, so I'm thinking that little notebook is her notebook.

Good catch! That's it!! Jeroic, get down there! We got it! Mwhahahahaha!

...Yup, slightly insane Magnificent Bastard. I'm seeing it now.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Joan Lawson, Therapist (and Sweeney Todd)