Connecting The Dots

"I’m hoping to use social media to evaluate the justifiability of ‘five axis’ DSM diagnosis and perhaps develop new avenues of treatment based on group evaluations."

"I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know."

[Refictionalized 7 Nov 2012]

Re: Connecting The Dots

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:02 am

Sicon112 wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Read the OP, I summarised that post in the first paragraph.

I did. It just seemed vague. Was the post a really small one then?

Not really. There was a fair bit of superfluous writing. We'll have to wait for it go back up to see if I missed anything.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:07 am

NeverSlender wrote:Not really. There was a fair bit of superfluous writing. We'll have to wait for it go back up to see if I missed anything.

All right. I'm guessing that plot will manifest either to stop the detectives' meeting (Less likely. They must know how ticked off we are getting at this point, and I really hope that Tropers are capable of coming up with a better plot than that) or directly after/during the meeting itself, resulting in a team-up (Which optimistically assumes the meeting goes well.) of awesomeness.

Variations of these overarching options are likely, complete subversions of them are less likely, and as I don't have a lot of info at the time, I'll leave them out for now.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:14 am

Whether they team up or continue to avoid each other, my reaction will be based on the hilarity of the resulting situation.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:14 am

NeverSlender wrote:Whether they team up or continue to avoid each other, my reaction will be based on the hilarity of the resulting situation.

Pretty much. :D
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Heyheyhey, looks like the post is back! Check it out:

I received a phone message from BB’s mentor at the halfway house. He said BB had been a model citizen, quiet and reserved and doing everything he asked to help out around the buildings and grounds. I’ve been considering ways I could try to (safely) evaluate what BB said over the phone in order to decide whether he ought to be reported to law enforcement as dangerous. I have contacted a detective I recently heard about who is also from Europe. I thought he might be able to get some information on my patient and find out if there’s any chance he really committed these crimes. For my part, I believe I’ve settled on the idea of hypnotism to get at the truth. Although its usefulness hasn’t been completely proven, I believe that even the illusion might be helpful in getting this patient to open up about the violent anguish he clearly feels – without running the risk of his exhibiting actual violence.

And the plot begins again...

Meh... *Ignores it and goes back to the RPG*
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:35 pm

Minor change. The original said she heard about the detective online.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:38 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Minor change. The original said she heard about the detective online.

Ah, k. I'll deal with this later...
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:56 pm

Well played with that recent comment on Holmes' blog. I'll say it again, you are really good at this Wysp.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Previous

Return to [REFIC'D] Joan Lawson, Therapist (and Sweeney Todd)