Paging Dr. Joan

"I’m hoping to use social media to evaluate the justifiability of ‘five axis’ DSM diagnosis and perhaps develop new avenues of treatment based on group evaluations."

"I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know."

[Refictionalized 7 Nov 2012]

Paging Dr. Joan

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:48 pm

So, uh. Apparently NO ONE but Jeroic has a phone. Because it turns out that calling La Summa and asking a couple more questions about the notebook? Really easy to do, guys.

Turns out that if you ask them for the phone number that's written in the notebook (and lie about it being your girlfriend's new cell...which...uh...probably wasn't necessary, but I got into it, so sue me XD), they give it to you.

(617) 963-1519 seems to be the professional number of one Joan Lawson. I'm not sure what we're supposed to do with it further than that, but that's what you guys are all so good at, so let's get brainstorming.

That said, because of the excuse I used to call La Summa, they probably wouldn't appreciate further calls so let's not bother them anymore.
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:54 pm

I suppose ringing her and saying "your patient may be a murderous lunatic and you are in danger of waking up covered in pastry" is out of the question?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:57 pm

EdwardTheAwesome wrote:So, uh. Apparently NO ONE but Jeroic has a phone. Because it turns out that calling La Summa and asking a couple more questions about the notebook? Really easy to do, guys.

Turns out that if you ask them for the phone number that's written in the notebook (and lie about it being your girlfriend's new cell...which...uh...probably wasn't necessary, but I got into it, so sue me XD), they give it to you.

(617) 963-1519 seems to be the professional number of one Joan Lawson. I'm not sure what we're supposed to do with it further than that, but that's what you guys are all so good at, so let's get brainstorming.

That said, because of the excuse I used to call La Summa, they probably wouldn't appreciate further calls so let's not bother them anymore.

I feel rather stupid right now...Though was more aiming to get the notebook itself cause I thought there was something in it. I'll try and think of ways we can use the number, though.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:57 pm

EdwardTheAwesome wrote:So, uh. Apparently NO ONE but Jeroic has a phone. Because it turns out that calling La Summa and asking a couple more questions about the notebook? Really easy to do, guys.

That's not true, clearly YOU and Jeroic have a phone :P

I'm not really sure what we would even say if we called her, she's already getting creepy calls, and I'm not sure she'd be willing to listen to us if we started explaining the truth of her patient and 'how we got her number'

That said, I'll make a call if you guys think I should lol
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Split this into its own thread so as not to completely derail the other one.

Also, yes, I also have a phone :P
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:12 pm

Besides calling her the only thing I can think to do is maybe give the number to one of the detectives so they can get in contact with her. Maybe get them to investigate just in case Sweeney gets a little dangerous.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:18 pm

Adell wrote:Besides calling her the only thing I can think to do is maybe give the number to one of the detectives so they can get in contact with her. Maybe get them to investigate just in case Sweeney gets a little dangerous.

They might not be able to investigate in Boston, due to the distance. I'm not sure though... :?
RotavatoR

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:32 pm

Don't call her. Not yet.

Also, GoogleFu on the number reveals nothing worth noting. Only that it is a prank caller from Korea or something. You know, the usual results that appear for every phone number you can search.

On the subject of calling her. It's a awful idea to do it now. She probably has her guard up with the threats/creepy voice mail. She won't respond well to unknown callers.

My idea. Contact her via web. If her blog allows for private email, one of us talk to her through it, otherwise, post there or on twitter that we managed to get the number by just calling the place, so whoever is sending the voice messages could've done the same and/or actually picked up the notebook. But then I repeat. Do not call her yet.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:36 pm

Really, Pixelmage? Isn't this exactly what MR. A was ranting about? Beating around the bush? I'm calling her.
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Chief Wakamakamu wrote:Really, Pixelmage? Isn't this exactly what MR. A was ranting about? Beating around the bush? I'm calling her.

Please don't do that till we've thought of the consequences.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Chief Wakamakamu wrote:Really, Pixelmage? Isn't this exactly what MR. A was ranting about? Beating around the bush? I'm calling her.

What are you even going to say, "Hey I know your phone number now! Haha!"?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:39 pm

True enough.
But, I don't know how to play recklessly and go: "ooh shiny new number, I'm calling it!", I'd rather email her today and call her after she aknowledges that we will be doing that. Unknown number calling a threat victim? If I was the therapist I'd not get it.
Pixelmage

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Wait, he's right... We need to make clear that we are not with those creeps. If we (as strangers to her) start calling her, I don't think she could differentiate between us. What would you say to her btw?

I think we just need to tell her that her patient sounds a lot like Sweeney Todd, and let her watch the movie so she'll agree with us.
And Pixel, do you have her e-mail?
RotavatoR

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Too late.

Got a prerecorded message, after which it told me the answering machine is full. Went pretty quick, I don't think there is actually anyone on the other end.

Except for the answering machine. I think some of you should give it a try.
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:41 pm

The whole point of this was that she lost her notebook. Anyone thought to ring and say "hi, I found your notebook"?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:43 pm

NeverSlender wrote:The whole point of this was that she lost her notebook. Anyone thought to ring and say "hi, I found your notebook"?

And then what? We don't have the notebook lol? What would we say if she called back?

Edit: Doesn't matter, machine is full.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:44 pm

Adell wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:The whole point of this was that she lost her notebook. Anyone thought to ring and say "hi, I found your notebook"?

And then what? We don't have the notebook lol? What would we say if she called back?

Edit: Doesn't matter, machine is full.

Hey, I never said it was a finished plan, but the whole point of this was the notebook.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:45 pm

Could work. But we don't have the notebook. Meaning, once she asks us to return it, that play is over. And she'll probably be little bit mad that we lied and STILL wonder how the hell we got the number.

EMail seems the safest bet. Comment on the blog as second, twitter too open, but still a last resort.
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:45 pm

The point is we really don't have anything to SAY. We know it's the right number: Mr. A just confirmed it a few minutes ago. Even so, there isn't really anything to do with it till we come up with a plan. Besides, it's the professional number, do you really think she will answer this late on a Saturday?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:47 pm

Sicon112 wrote:The point is we really don't have anything to SAY. We know it's the right number: Mr. A just confirmed it a few minutes ago. Even so, there isn't really anything to do with it till we come up with a plan. Besides, it's the professional number, do you really think she will answer this late on a Saturday?

Probably best ringing monday. That gives us one day to come up with something to say.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby ToMorning on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:49 pm

Guys, this is an ARG, and we have a phone number that goes to voicemail with a full inbox. Anyone else think this might be a puzzle?
ToMorning

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:49 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:The point is we really don't have anything to SAY. We know it's the right number: Mr. A just confirmed it a few minutes ago. Even so, there isn't really anything to do with it till we come up with a plan. Besides, it's the professional number, do you really think she will answer this late on a Saturday?

Probably best ringing monday. That gives us one day to come up with something to say.

Agreed. Besides, something will probably happen by then that hands us something to say openly without even having to think about it.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:50 pm

I'd like to post this on her blog, seeing that there's no option there to send a direct email:

"Ms. Lawson, we'd like to talk to you about your lost notebook and a possible connection to the "creepy voice mails" you complained about on twitter. We managed to learn your full name and phone number by means of simply calling the restaurant. Whoever is sending the messages, perhaps, did the same or even got the notebook itself. We'd like to call you to discuss this matter, but will wait for a confirmation from your part that we may do so."
Pixelmage

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Well it does give her office hours, for times we should call lol.

Pixelmage wrote:

I'd like to post this on her blog, seeing that there's no option there to send a direct email:

"Ms. Lawson, we'd like to talk to you about your lost notebook and a possible connection to the "creepy voice mails" you complained about on twitter. We managed to learn your full name and phone number by means of simply calling the restaurant. Whoever is sending the messages, perhaps, did the same or even got the notebook itself. We'd like to call you to discuss this matter, but will wait for a confirmation from your part that we may do so."

I kind of already made a post like that. ...Sorry, kind of got excited and jumped the gun, but I said mostly the same stuff.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:54 pm

ToMorning wrote:Guys, this is an ARG, and we have a phone number that goes to voicemail with a full inbox. Anyone else think this might be a puzzle?

Guys, I think we are trending towards "Wrong Genre Savvy" here. This isn't and RPG, this is an ARG. I'm pretty sure ToMorning is right and the above plans are just burning time.
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Joan Lawson, Therapist (and Sweeney Todd)