Paging Dr. Joan

"I’m hoping to use social media to evaluate the justifiability of ‘five axis’ DSM diagnosis and perhaps develop new avenues of treatment based on group evaluations."

"I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know."

[Refictionalized 7 Nov 2012]

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:02 pm

Chief Wakamakamu wrote:
ToMorning wrote:Guys, this is an ARG, and we have a phone number that goes to voicemail with a full inbox. Anyone else think this might be a puzzle?


Guys, I think we are trending towards "Wrong Genre Savvy" here. This isn't and RPG, this is an ARG. I'm pretty sure ToMorning is right and the above plans are just burning time.


I know what an ARG is, I've done a few before. And what kind of puzzle could it be? Find a way to delete someones voicemail?
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:03 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Chief Wakamakamu wrote:
ToMorning wrote:Guys, this is an ARG, and we have a phone number that goes to voicemail with a full inbox. Anyone else think this might be a puzzle?


Guys, I think we are trending towards "Wrong Genre Savvy" here. This isn't and RPG, this is an ARG. I'm pretty sure ToMorning is right and the above plans are just burning time.


I know what an ARG is, I've done a few before. And what kind of puzzle could it be? Find a way to delete someones voicemail?


I agree, it doesn't seem like there's much of a 'puzzle', not in the actual answering machine itself anyway. And there doesn't seem to be anything suspicious with the sound.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:05 pm

What does it say? I'd call it myself but my parents would murder me for the bill I'd get.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:07 pm

Adell wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:I know what an ARG is, I've done a few before. And what kind of puzzle could it be? Find a way to delete someones voicemail?


I agree, it doesn't seem like there's much of a 'puzzle', not in the actual answering machine itself anyway.


I disagree. The therapist has been talking about getting creepy messages. Seems to me we are supposed to get INSIDE her mailbox. To LISTEN to them.
User avatar
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:08 pm

Adell wrote:I agree, it doesn't seem like there's much of a 'puzzle', not in the actual answering machine itself anyway.


And besides, it's in the RPG that you get a shiny new Sword of Plot Advancement and just plug it there to move on. ARG means assuming we're dealing with real people, and as I said, if I was getting threatened, there's no way in hell I'd pick up the phone if I didn't know the number calling.

Sure, it's the work number, so that one problem is moot now, but we have to wait until moday at earliest to get in touch with her through that particular venue, so the blog and twitter will be faster.

Good job on the message Adell.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:09 pm

Chief Wakamakamu wrote:I disagree. The therapist has been talking about getting creepy messages. Seems to me we are supposed to get INSIDE her mailbox. To LISTEN to them.


What, wait, I don't... You propose we crack a phone line? Like, bug the damn thing? Doesn't matter if we can do it or not, I'm pretty sure that's illegal.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:11 pm

Chief Wakamakamu wrote:
Adell wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:I know what an ARG is, I've done a few before. And what kind of puzzle could it be? Find a way to delete someones voicemail?


I agree, it doesn't seem like there's much of a 'puzzle', not in the actual answering machine itself anyway.


I disagree. The therapist has been talking about getting creepy messages. Seems to me we are supposed to get INSIDE her mailbox. To LISTEN to them.


Which means we'd need to find the code you put in to listen to them. How do we get that? The only place it might be is the notebook. Someone should ring up and ask if there were any other numbers written in it.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:12 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Which means we'd need to find the code you put in to listen to them. How do we get that? The only place it might be is the notebook. Someone should ring up and ask if there were any other numbers written in it.


Edward got all he could out of the restaurant. There's really no more use in hassling them with calls.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:14 pm

Adell wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Which means we'd need to find the code you put in to listen to them. How do we get that? The only place it might be is the notebook. Someone should ring up and ask if there were any other numbers written in it.


Edward got all he could out of the restaurant. There's really no more use in hassling them with calls.


K, just an idea. I don't actually think there's anything else written and I don't think we're supposed to listen to her messages. Besides the fact we don't have the code, it's a massive breach of privacy. It's her work phone and could have patients details on it.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:17 pm

Exactly. I think it makes more sense to just wait and try and call her monday, or wait until giving her number to someone/fictite could benefit the situation.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:25 pm

Adell wrote:Exactly. I think it makes more sense to just wait and try and call her monday, or wait until giving her number to someone/fictite could benefit the situation.


I said that but then someone said we should try access her voicemail.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:38 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Adell wrote:Exactly. I think it makes more sense to just wait and try and call her monday, or wait until giving her number to someone/fictite could benefit the situation.


I said that but then someone said we should try access her voicemail.


I'm pretty sure that's illegal though... Even if we can do it. It's not something we should do.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:39 pm

Pixelmage wrote:I'm pretty sure that's illegal though... Even if we can do it. It's not something we should do.


This.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:43 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:
Adell wrote:Exactly. I think it makes more sense to just wait and try and call her monday, or wait until giving her number to someone/fictite could benefit the situation.


I said that but then someone said we should try access her voicemail.


I'm pretty sure that's illegal though... Even if we can do it. It's not something we should do.


I know, I pointed that out as one of the reasons we shouldn't do it.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby eyebones on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Of course we should try to hear the messages. There are some people here who are always against action and we are always getting Mr A. pokes about inactivity. I'm going with the inactivity people being wrong.

Worrying about violating the privacy of an ARG character? Sober up!

I don't have voice mail. How do you usually go about listening to your messages if you do?
eyebones
 
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:30 pm

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:12 pm

eyebones wrote:Of course we should try to hear the messages. There are some people here who are always against action and we are always getting Mr A. pokes about inactivity. I'm going with the inactivity people being wrong.

Worrying about violating the privacy of an ARG character? Sober up!

I don't have voice mail. How do you usually go about listening to your messages if you do?


It's a real phone, therefore it is someones phone, therefore accessing the voicemail is illegal. Sober up.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:13 pm

eyebones wrote:Of course we should try to hear the messages. There are some people here who are always against action and we are always getting Mr A. pokes about inactivity. I'm going with the inactivity people being wrong.

Worrying about violating the privacy of an ARG character? Sober up!

I don't have voice mail. How do you usually go about listening to your messages if you do?


Look, it's not about privacy, its about ACTUALLY BEING ARRESTED if we are caught. Second, listening to voice mails remotely is a ridiculous requirement when looked at on a meta level. If it is even possible in this situation, it would be extremely difficult and likely require a lot of specialized experience.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby eyebones on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:15 pm

You are nuts. It is well established this is not a real person.

If you don't know how to check voicemail, just let someone who does speak up.
Last edited by eyebones on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eyebones
 
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:30 pm

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:16 pm

eyebones wrote:You are nuts. It is well established this is not a real person.


It doesn't matter, as long as the phone itself is real, which it has to be to have an answering machine IT IS STILL ILLEGAL.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:17 pm

eyebones wrote:You are nuts. It is well established this is not a real person.

If you don't know how to check voicemail, just let someone who does speak up.


Go ahead and go through her voicemail then. I'm sure none of us will visit you when you're arrested.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:19 pm

eyebones wrote:You are nuts. It is well established this is not a real person.

If you don't know how to check voicemail, just let someone who does speak up.


The issue is we need to REMOTELY check the voicemail. That's both illegal and probably very difficult, if not impossible depending on what type of machine she has.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:19 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
eyebones wrote:You are nuts. It is well established this is not a real person.

It doesn't matter, as long as the phone itself is real, which it has to be to have an answering machine IT IS STILL ILLEGAL.

Indeed. Has someone asked Mr. A about it? Surely the Mysterious Employer himself would know where to go from here and NOT have us do anything illegal in the process?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
User avatar
IslaKariese
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Maryland/Virginia

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby eyebones on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:21 pm

I'm down with that. If you aren't interested in solving this puzzle, just go do some other part of the ARG and stay out of the way of the people who. If you can come up with something other "OH No! Don't do THAT!" for that part
eyebones
 
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:30 pm

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:22 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
eyebones wrote:You are nuts. It is well established this is not a real person.

If you don't know how to check voicemail, just let someone who does speak up.


The issue is we need to REMOTELY check the voicemail. That's both illegal and probably very difficult, if not impossible depending on what type of machine she has.


It's definitely possible, you just ring the number and put in the persons personal code. However, as we keep saying, it's illegal.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:23 pm

eyebones wrote:I'm down with that. If you aren't interested in solving this puzzle, just go do some other part of the ARG and stay out of the way of the people who. If you can come up with something other "OH No! Don't do THAT!" for that part


A) Stop being a douchebag to people. As long as it's on topic, people are totally free to give their thoughts. There is a rule against being a jerk.

B) If someone is about to do something that could GET THEM ARRESTED then HELL YES you tell them to stop.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Joan Lawson, Therapist (and Sweeney Todd)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron