Paging Dr. Joan

"I’m hoping to use social media to evaluate the justifiability of ‘five axis’ DSM diagnosis and perhaps develop new avenues of treatment based on group evaluations."

"I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know."

[Refictionalized 7 Nov 2012]

Re: Paging Dr. Joan

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:56 pm

...yessss...? A voice mail is inherently more informative than a letter.

In what way?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:57 pm

Chief Wakamakamu wrote:Except for repeated posts about creepy voice mails...

True. I'm still aganist it though...
You say you played other ARGs and did this before... Are ARGs even that common to begin with? If so, wouldn't we have a lot of ARG veterans over here instead of a paltry ~100 guys scattered around the globe? It's tangential to this thread, but I felt it worth mentioning.

The voicemail is creepy. We get it. So are Joe's letters. And we're not trying to force our way to those. If we really need that voice mail. I refuse to move until a direct order from Mr. A OR the therapist herself transcribes it for us the same way Joe handles his letters. For now that's all I can bring myself to do. If we take a vote, I'm aganist tapping into the phone.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:00 pm

I would like to point out that the number is "redirecting" you whenever you call it, so your not actually calling that number, your behind 'called forward' to some other number. Most likely directly to her voicemail box, if it always does this you're not gonna be able to actually call her.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:02 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
Chief Wakamakamu wrote:Except for repeated posts about creepy voice mails...

True. I'm still aganist it though...
You say you played other ARGs and did this before... Are ARGs even that common to begin with? If so, wouldn't we have a lot of ARG veterans over here instead of a paltry ~100 guys scattered around the globe? It's tangential to this thread, but I felt it worth mentioning.

The voicemail is creepy. We get it. So are Joe's letters. And we're not trying to force our way to those. If we really need that voice mail. I refuse to move until a direct order from Mr. A OR the therapist herself transcribes it for us the same way Joe handles his letters. For now that's all I can bring myself to do. If we take a vote, I'm aganist tapping into the phone.

We don't have a lot of ARG veterans because we haven't really been reaching out to them to recruit their attention. But there is a large community on Unfiction. The BEAST actually had a puzzle exactly like this, if I am not mistaken.
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:03 pm

Adell wrote:I would like to point out that the number is "redirecting" you whenever you call it, so your not actually calling that number, your behind 'called forward' to some other number. Most likely directly to her voicemail box, if it always does this you're not gonna be able to actually call her.

That's probably because it's a work phone and it's the weekend.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:05 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Adell wrote:I would like to point out that the number is "redirecting" you whenever you call it, so your not actually calling that number, your behind 'called forward' to some other number. Most likely directly to her voicemail box, if it always does this you're not gonna be able to actually call her.

She's open on the weekends though, till 10 pm. If she lives in boston, she should still be there actually.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:06 pm

Adell wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:

She's open on the weekends though, till 10 pm. If she lives in boston, she should still be there actually.

Gah, timezones, it's 2 am where I am. Which is why I'm off to sleep.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Wysp on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:09 pm

Let me know if you want someone to talk to her personally. I like to think I've been doing a decent job at it.
Wysp

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:10 pm

Wysp wrote:Let me know if you want someone to talk to her personally. I like to think I've been doing a decent job at it.

Hell yes you have. I vote Wysp is our liaison.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:12 pm

...I cracked it... :oops:

it was jung#

someone is admitting to murder. it's sweeney tood, he mention cooking him in pie
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby eyebones on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:13 pm

BOOYAH! The code is JUNG. Listening now. Obviously meant for us to hear.
Last edited by eyebones on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eyebones

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:13 pm

Adell wrote:...I cracked it... :oops:

it was jung#

You're insane. Well... What do we do with it now?
Pixelmage

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:15 pm

ben barker. <.< *sorry posting as i listen

he is threatening the crap out of the psychiatrist, mentioned carl jung.(not the cats)

also, her dry cleaning is ready.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby eyebones on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:18 pm

The dates and times don't makes sense. I think it always thinks the day is today. Last message very funny.

edit: Actually, I think I missed the last message. Going back.
eyebones

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:20 pm

Final message:

"Jennifer Hamilton" tried to get in contact with Joan. Laura Hamilton is her...mother. (or, more likely, Jennifer is a fictional character and Hamilton is her mom cause she's an author, ya know, birthed her by writing her story)

The message probably has clues but it's pretty hard to hear on my phone.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby eyebones on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:26 pm

eyebones

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:28 pm

eyebones wrote:Hmm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurell_K._Hamilton

Vampire Hunter?

Anita Blake then? I've never read that story but it's the first name on it and it sounds like a girls name! 8Dc
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:31 pm

We need transcripts of this.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:32 pm

Sicon112 wrote:We need transcripts of this.

I can't hear the messages too clearly from my phone, I think it would be better for someone else to try. I get the general gist of it though.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby narrativedilettante on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Well, I was totally wrong. Listened to the messages, I'll try to transcribe them but it may take some time.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby eyebones on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:35 pm

I think that one guy was saying exactly what Sweeney told him to say, like he was under duress. Doesn't look like the trip through the Wall has made Sweeney any saner.
eyebones

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Hey guys - great job on the new leads. This really took a lot of initiative, but we found out a lot.

On a less happy note, I'm disappointed that half of this thread is one giant violation of Rule 3. Seriously, guys? What were you thinking, saying things like that to each other? I hope you haven't forgotten that we're all on the same side here. We can try different things and give each other the benefit of a doubt. And if there's a problem, we need to work it out like reasonable people. I hope I never see behavior like this again.
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:22 pm

Not sure if this is the right time to ask this, but could someone update the timeline? I'm afraid I'll break something :oops:
RotavatoR

Postby eyebones on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:29 pm

It does look like those people who left the threats were following her twitter and got her number before we did, probably just by calling the restaurant, and now she's in trouble.

On the meta situation: Sorry about the Rule 3 breakage, but there is definitely a do-nothing defeatist thing going on that has to be dealt with. If there is an obvious action, we should take it. Not spend page after page coming up with justifications for not doing anything. I doubt seriously that the pm's are trying to get us to dither over things. Having people do nothing does not require an ARG. Also, this is obviously meant to be a very fast ARG.
eyebones

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:42 pm

eyebones wrote:It does look like those people who left the threats were following her twitter and got her number before we did, probably just by calling the restaurant, and now she's in trouble.

Pretty much the same conclusion I came to in regards to the threats, but I would think that the notebook was taken physically. Considering Mr. A's reaction to it.

I also apologize for joining the fray. I did, and still do to be honest, believe that such a path to the information is wrong. Well, it's pointless to argue about it now that it's already done. I don't really think anything else needs to be said about it.
Pixelmage

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Joan Lawson, Therapist (and Sweeney Todd)