Transcript of the Recorded Messages

"I’m hoping to use social media to evaluate the justifiability of ‘five axis’ DSM diagnosis and perhaps develop new avenues of treatment based on group evaluations."

"I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know."

[Refictionalized 7 Nov 2012]

Transcript of the Recorded Messages

Postby narrativedilettante on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:34 pm

Message 1

1:19 AM Sunday October 7th

Hello? Hello. Listen, I still don’t know who the hell you are and why you care so much about talking to me. And I don’t know if you’re even there or how this thing works but I’ve got to tell somebody. I don’t know what’s going on. This whole thing is crazy. It started after I killed that bloke. Stupid shave-and-a-haircut bastard. He said he could defeat me. Me! At a hair-cutting contest. I killed him, I killed him with my razor slit him right across the throat and then I butchered him and left his body to decompose in my trunk so that the vermin could feast on the vermin who infest my city! I killed him, well I guess it must have been two, a few weeks ago and then we used him to make pies, Mrs. Lovett and I. It was the only way. It was the only way to get rid of the body. It was the only way. And then that bastard Judge Turpin came to see me. God! He’s got Johanna trapped. And he was right there in my chair. He was right there! Do you understand me? He killed my wife, he killed her. He destroyed her and he killed her and I will take his body and I will feed it to the

Message 2

1:22 AM Sunday October 7th

And I won’t stop! Do you hear me? I won’t stop. Judge Turpin isn’t the only one who deserves to go. The work waits. As God is my witness, the work waits!

Message 3

10:11 AM Sunday October 7th

Um... hello? Um, I think I tried to send a message to someone on this thing last night, and I’m not entirely sure what I said, but I think it probably had something to do with the story of some... of some movie. That I just saw? Anyway, um, I’m terribly sorry to have cause any trouble. I, uh, look forward to seeing you again. Uh, thanks Yours sincerely, Ben Barker.

Message 4

3:06 PM Monday October 8th

Hi there, I’m calling on behalf of Benjamin Barker. I just wanted to let you know that he’d been out drinking a couple nights ago and we wouldn’t let him stay at the house until he sobered up, but he’s returned and seems to be ready to make a change in his life. I’m not sure what exactly he said to you, but I can tell you he’s been a model resident until his little lapse the other night. I do hope you’ll take him back. I think your work is making a big difference and I know you want to see him get back on his feet as much as I do. Thanks very much. Bye for now.

Message 5

11:58 PM Friday October 12th

Your hair, your eyes, your lips. How beautiful, marvelous. As though sculpted. *sigh* If only they could stay so. Alas, it is not to be if you continue down this path.

Message 6

1:09 AM Saturday October 13th

I have killed men for stumbling in the wrong place at the wrong time. Do not stay standing where you are. It is dangerous.

Message 7

5:31 AM Saturday October 13th

You must be familiar with the early works of Carl Jung, as animals in your care are named for him. He was famous for his work with the collective unconscious. I’m sure you know that much, and what that means. I can take the form of an archetype you may recognize. And with that, I can threaten you on a deeply personal and cultural level. You will want to back down.

Message 8

8:13 AM Saturday October 13th

If only you had found your little notebook earlier, we wouldn’t have had time to copy down your number. But now we have it. And we could easily find you. Where you live, where you work. Do not make us take actions against you.

Message 9

9:21 AM Saturday October 13th

Hello Miss Lawson? This message is to inform you that your dry cleaning is ready. Thanks.

Message 10

11:40 AM Saturday October 13th

Hi Dr. Lawson, this is Jennifer Hamilton. I’m a student and my campus counseling services recommended you to me. So I’m 19 and I’ve had some trouble eating and sleeping normally lately. I’m usually a pretty good student but I’ve had some trouble motivating myself this semester. I think it might be, like, depression or Seasonal Affective Disorder or something. Anyway, I’ll be the Hamilton in your caller ID. It says Laura Hamilton but that’s my mom, so. Laura Hamilton, Jennifer Hamilton. Jennifer. Anyway, uh, thank you so much. Bye. Please call me back.

EDIT: Courtesy of Sophira, we have these.

Recording of call without putting in the code:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4IvvY ... 2hEV01XOVk

Recording of call when putting in the code:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4IvvY ... UpqdTluY1E

EDIT 2: And now, averagejoe has uploaded a recording of the messages to YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... RJ2WOYTjfA
Last edited by narrativedilettante on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Re: Transcript of the Recorded Messages

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:37 pm

Awesome. =)

I highly recommend everyone listens to the actual recordings. the voice acting is awesome.

If you want too, the number is (617) 963-1519. Press *, and then enter the Password JUNG#
Last edited by Chief Wakamakamu on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:37 pm

Thanks for transcribing them, looks like what i heard. So the later messages are most likely not Sweeney's. Whoever found that notebook means business. And if they're following her twitter and blog, they might be able to trace their way to us. We need to be careful from here on.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Jopalopa on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:38 pm

Wow that's creepy. I guess it's confirmed that he's Sweeney Todd now. Number 9 is hilarious.
Jopalopa

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:39 pm

And once again, I believe Jennifer Hamilton is some sort of fictional character, most likely Alicia Blake. Anyone familiar with those books? (vampire Hunter)
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby JackAlsworth on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:46 pm

I'm fairly certain Anita Blake is older than 19. But it's a good working theory, and I can't deny the Law of Narrative Conservation - whoever she is, she's important.
JackAlsworth

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:17 am

Does anyone think we should go pick up Joan's dry cleaning? Could be another hint.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby JRPictures on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:37 am

I'm liking it all so far. We pretty much have definite confirmation (like we needed it anyway) and this is turning out to look good especially with the new fictite

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Does anyone think we should go pick up Joan's dry cleaning? Could be another hint.

I dunno we could be crossing some boundaries there unless we think up a good excuse..like we were being nice and helping her out or something along those lines
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:09 am

Does it even say where the dry cleaning is? I mean, I work at a dry cleaner in a mid-size city and there are still like 12 different cleaners and that's not getting into the fact that four or five, including the one I work at, have multiple locations. We could PREDICT what location it is just based on closeness to her work (I assume we can get the address through the Boston phone directory) but we still don't know where she lives, so it's an incomplete calculation. Even if we could find it, at the very lowest security level we would need her HOME phone number, and even then there would probably be questions asked if she is a regular customer. On top of all that, we would have to pay for the cleaning too, and there would be no way of getting anything out of the situation unless she purposely left evidence in her clothes, the invoicer was actually doing their job and found it, and finally said invoicer deemed the clue important looking enough to store until the clothes were picked up.

So, no, I don't think we are supposed to get her dry cleaning right now. If more evidence comes up, I will reevaluate. Until then, I deem it unlikely.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:38 am

Wow, guys. Just wow. :gurt:
I know I may be asking for too much, but could somebody record the messages? It would suck for me to make international calls.

narrativedilettante wrote:5:31 AM Saturday October 13th

You must be familiar with the early works of Carl Jung, as animals in your care are named for him. He was famous for his work with the collective unconscious. I’m sure you know that much, and what that means. I can take the form of an archetype you may recognize. And with that, I can threaten you on a deeply personal and cultural level. You will want to back down.

I think we should check the list of archetypes, maybe we'll get some clue. Shadow and Warrior are the only ones that come to mind.

narrativedilettante wrote:Message 8

8:13 AM Saturday October 13th

If only you had found your little notebook earlier, we wouldn’t have had time to copy down your number. But now we have it. And we could easily find you. Where you live, where you work. Do not make us take actions against you.

GMs. Srsly. We know we fscked up badly. Stop rubbing salt into our wounds. :evil:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Guyshane on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:26 am

Okay archetypes heres what wikipedia has http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archetype (general article they have more specific one if you want to look)
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:20 am

In that case, the dangerous ones would be the Shadow, the Warrior and the Devil. :shock:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Guyshane on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:44 am

Dryunya wrote:In that case, the dangerous ones would be the Shadow, the Warrior and the Devil. :shock:

If we're going to be technical about this the Shadow and Warrior are only potentially dangerous. Come to think of it we really shouldn't trust a Trickster either
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:28 am

Trickster is the one not to be trusted, but doesn't instill instant fear, either. If that guy meant Jung's archetypes, he was probably meaning the Devil.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:40 am

I'm just going to stop sleeping, because everything seems to happen when I'm looking the other way.

Who is doing this and why? That's the question. The same person who delivered Joe the letters? Why does he or she want to threaten somebody who is trying to help Sweeny Todd... well, be less like Sweeny Todd?

Dryunya wrote:Trickster is the one not to be trusted, but doesn't instill instant fear, either. If that guy meant Jung's archetypes, he was probably meaning the Devil.

Agreed, the devil is the only logical conjecture because wanting to instigate acts of pure evil is really the ONLY explanation I can think of at this point for threatening the Therapist this way... But then we probably don't know everything about this situation. Maybe whoever this is wants Sweeny Todd to come to him, be at his beck and call, and the Therapist's work directly jeopardises that by providing him the opeprtunity for recovery.

There's an enemy in the shadows, working against us, and whoever or whatever it is, they're mobilising. And as mentioned here, the Shadow is a Jungian Archetype. Maybe we were right to suppose there are Shadow Archetypes running about creating trouble? Maybe Shadow Archetypes of characters, or even ARG players...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:43 am

We haven't actually learnt anything from the voicemails. All we have is one from a person we haven't heard of who might be important.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:50 am

NeverSlender wrote:We haven't actually learnt anything from the voicemails. All we have is one from a person we haven't heard of who might be important.

...Damn, this kind of feels as if it's working like one of those strange point and click or hidden object games. You know the one where the clues under normal circumstances would be in No Way related to anything... Like a random number left by somebody in a voicemail turns out to be the code for a safe containing a button for another safe, or something.

Still you guys did some amazing work, I'm sorry I missed it.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Victin on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:13 pm

How many people sent the voicemails?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby YankeeWhite on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:37 pm

Thanks for the transcript narrativedilettante!
I might read up on Carl Jung, some of his ideas seem to come into play when looking at the bigger picture here.
YankeeWhite

Postby Sophira on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi guys,

I used some of my Skype credit to call the number and record it on the computer. I called twice, once without putting in the code, and once with. The files are too big to attach here, so here, links:

Yay, I feel useful. ^^

[edit: On the ethical issue: The therapist said in this post that "I think I’ll keep the messages as evidence and switch to a new number." - so that explains why nobody is picking up, and it's possible the therapist never even noticed us calling. I wouldn't be surprised if it disappears completely soon now that we've got everything.]
Last edited by Sophira on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:34 pm

Btw, does anyone else find it strange that the restaurant looked through notebook, found a phone number, decided not to ring it, gave the book away to the first person who asked, and was willing to give out the phone number they found?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Victin on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:35 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Btw, does anyone else find it strange that the restaurant looked through notebook, found a phone number, decided not to ring it, gave the book away to the first person who asked, and was willing to give out the phone number they found?

I did.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:37 pm

Sophira wrote:Hi guys,

I used some of my Skype credit to call the number and record it on the computer. I called twice, once without putting in the code, and once with. The files are too big to attach here, so here, links:

Yay, I feel useful. ^^

[edit: On the ethical issue: The therapist said in this post that "I think I’ll keep the messages as evidence and switch to a new number." - so that explains why nobody is picking up, and it's possible the therapist never even noticed us calling. I wouldn't be surprised if it disappears completely soon now that we've got everything.]

Could this please get edited into the OP?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:06 pm

I've linked to the post in the timeline.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:23 pm

I meant that I wanted the links edited into the opening post so that everyone could see them.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Joan Lawson, Therapist (and Sweeney Todd)