Transcript of the Recorded Messages

"I’m hoping to use social media to evaluate the justifiability of ‘five axis’ DSM diagnosis and perhaps develop new avenues of treatment based on group evaluations."

"I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know."

[Refictionalized 7 Nov 2012]

Re: Transcript of the Recorded Messages

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:42 pm

Your hair, your eyes, your lips. How beautiful, marvelous. As though sculpted. *sigh* If only they could stay so. Alas, it is not to be if you continue down this path.

Okay, grasping at straws here but could these be lines of a poem or something? The guy then goes on to talk about Jung, so he's clearly a well-read guy... Has anybody ever seen a sort of not-so-generic romance poem with those lines in it?

Also I doubt it's a coinscidence that we get a reference to Anita Blake, after a voice mail which sounds kind of like your stereotypical vampire. Could we have dracula running about?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:06 pm

Joe has uploaded the voice mails on youtube.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:11 pm

Does the guy who left message 6 sound dutch to anyone else?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby RotavatoR on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:28 pm

Keep in mind that it could also be German. Those two may sound alike to foreign ears. I'd have to hear it to be sure.

Wasn't there a Dutch guy in one of those detective mysteries?
RotavatoR

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:30 pm

RotavatoR wrote:Keep in mind that it could also be German. Those two may sound alike to foreign ears. I'd have to hear it to be sure.

Yes which is why I mentioned it. Have a listen, see what it sounds like to you. Joe uploaded them on his youtube.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby AceOfSpades on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Message 8 sounds similar to the messages Joe recieved.
An Ace is the difference between a good hand and a bust.
AceOfSpades

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:32 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
RotavatoR wrote:Keep in mind that it could also be German. Those two may sound alike to foreign ears. I'd have to hear it to be sure.

Yes which is why I mentioned it. Have a listen, see what it sounds like to you. Joe uploaded them on his youtube.

Checking for accent now. Looks like my old chess motif using adversary may have just reappeared! Oh this is going to be GOOD.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby RotavatoR on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:40 pm

NeverSlender wrote:

I am sorry to say that I'm really not sure. My bro says it sounds more like a French accent to him, and I kinda agree with him. His s'es sound more like z's and the way he says "It is" (Itizz) is not at all how we would say it. I'll ask some of my friends.
RotavatoR

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:42 pm

RotavatoR wrote:I am sorry to say that I'm really not sure. My bro says it sounds more like a French accent to him, and I kinda agree with him. His s'es sound more like z's and the way he says "It is" (Itizz) is not at all how we would say it. I can ask some of my friends if you want me to?

Was just about to say that. The way he said dangerous was pretty blatantly french.

What about message five?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:42 pm

RotavatoR wrote:I am sorry to say that I'm really not sure. My bro says it sounds more like a French accent to him, and I kinda agree with him. His s'es sound more like z's and the way he says "It is" (Itizz) is not at all how we would say it. I'll ask some of my friends.

I agree, too. He had that throaty 'r' that the French language uses.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:43 pm

What accent is that in message five? Is it even an accent, or is it a lisp?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
RotavatoR wrote:I am sorry to say that I'm really not sure. My bro says it sounds more like a French accent to him, and I kinda agree with him. His s'es sound more like z's and the way he says "It is" (Itizz) is not at all how we would say it. I can ask some of my friends if you want me to?

Was just about to say that. The way he said dangerous was pretty blatantly french.

What about message five?

I didn't really pay attention to the voice but I thought it sounded like Todd. I'll probably listen to it again.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby AceOfSpades on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Message 5 sounds like a stealth threat judging by bulk of them, most of the people talking on the voice mail save the cleaning lady and Jennifer, sound like serial killers of different M.O.s
AceOfSpades

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:45 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
RotavatoR wrote:I am sorry to say that I'm really not sure. My bro says it sounds more like a French accent to him, and I kinda agree with him. His s'es sound more like z's and the way he says "It is" (Itizz) is not at all how we would say it. I'll ask some of my friends.

I agree, too. He had that throaty 'r' that the French language uses.

This is possible, but I still say we've got a vampire on our hands. A real one. Not one of those sparkly bits of nonsense Meyer threw at us. "Stereotypical Transylvanian vampire" is a tricky accent to get right and is often mistaken for others. Besides, it is almost halloween, it'd be pretty funny if that were the case. Maybe the GM's just have a sense of humour.

AceOfSpades wrote:Message 5 sounds like a stealth threat judging by bulk of them, most of the people talking on the voice male save the cleaning lady and Jennifer, sound like serial killers of different M.O.s

Lots of different letter writers, like Joe's maybe?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby AceOfSpades on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:46 pm

Yes, actually as I said before message 8 sounded like a threat Joe read on youtube.

EDIT: This could be a wild mass guess, but 5 could be Jack the Ripper.
AceOfSpades

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:52 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:Yes, actually as I said before message 8 sounded like a threat Joe read on youtube.

Sorry I missed that, you're right it definitely sounds that way and as if they're coming from different people, just as the letters were...
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:52 pm

I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby AceOfSpades on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:53 pm

Logically, it's because they can't find Joe so they are threatening everyone else involved.
AceOfSpades

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Ok, they've made it crystal clear that we should try analyzing the voice mails to identify the badniks. I'm making a thread for that.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:21 pm

Dryunya wrote:Ok, they've made it crystal clear that we should try analyzing the voice mails to identify the badniks. I'm making a thread for that.

Badniks? Like Doctor Robotnik Badniks?
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Dryunya on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:14 pm

The Finch wrote:Badniks? Like Doctor Robotnik Badniks?

Um, no... Just bad, bad, naughty people.
Dryunya

Previous

Return to [REFIC'D] Joan Lawson, Therapist (and Sweeney Todd)