Frontier psychiatrist

"I’m hoping to use social media to evaluate the justifiability of ‘five axis’ DSM diagnosis and perhaps develop new avenues of treatment based on group evaluations."

"I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know."

[Refictionalized 7 Nov 2012]

Frontier psychiatrist

Postby Dryunya on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:21 am

Here is where that scrappy URL lead us.
Let me sum it up:
    She is a psychiatrist.
    This is her twitter.
    She is researching the psychiatric applications for social media.
    She mentioned an "interesting patient".
    The first post was made on 25th of September.

My speculation is that some of her patients will turn out to be misplaced characters who are trying to, well, stay in character.
The question is: how did Mr. A know that she is important?

UPD: Please do not mention anything ARG-related to her directly. It will only make things more complicated. Also, do not mention her on twitter as a @mindsNmatters (I used a space to separate the '@' sign) - she will get a mention, and eventually she may find out the "truth". Just stay in character, ok?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Re: Frontier psychiatrist

Postby Dryunya on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:18 am

Gentlemen, we have out first patient. Some unidentified man in his thirties, "out of nowhere". You know where this is going. I offered our help in identifying the man. Details are coming next week (that's two more days).

What I've actually found more important is that she mentions crowdsourcing. I have no idea how that works in psychiatry (might as well ask now), but that means it's going to be an appropriate job for us. Don't miss!

UPD: That awkward moment when you post an update even before your target tweets about it. Now that I think about it - she has, like, 10 readers - why even bother with a broadcast? (Never mind, just grumbling)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Lordxana0 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:24 pm

I propose a theory that the man has memory lose.

More then that what if the guy the Belgian is looking for traveled to Boston and got a right nasty bonk on the head and can no longer remember who he is? His walet could have been stolen
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby JackAlsworth on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:40 pm

I doubt it's memory loss; she already said she knows who it is. I still think we have to wait for more details.
JackAlsworth

Postby Victin on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:58 pm

"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:16 pm

Moved. New forum for this discussion.
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin

Postby VmKid on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:47 pm

According to Mr. Administrator, the Therapist isn't the POI, it's her patient. Still, I'd pay attention to what the therapist says.
VmKid

Postby Jeroic9 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:00 pm

Well, if it's in Boston I can keep an eye out for any landmarks in the posts that may become relevant.
I wrote a book. Adding to the far side of the wall.
Jeroic9

Postby YankeeWhite on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:32 pm

Dryunya wrote:UPD: Please do not mention anything ARG-related to her directly. It will only make things more complicated. Also, do not mention her on twitter as a @mindsNmatters (I used a space to separate the '@' sign) - she will get a mention, and eventually she may find out the "truth". Just stay in character, ok?

Just my opinion, but I think anything can be told to the characters and they can be referred to openly. Just like with Poirot. It's up to the PMs to keep the characters IN CHARACTER. True it is very Meta with this game, and MindsAndMatters should act like a real person, just in the same way Poirot is acting like a real person. But the PMs have a plan and as much as we'd like to believe any action may derail the whole thing, that's simply not true. MindsAndMatters will acknowledge what her character is meant to acknowledge and simply ignore the rest. Or wave it away as inconsequential, much like Poirot. IMHO.
YankeeWhite

Postby Dryunya on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:39 pm

Your POV is understandable, but it tends to scratch my Willing Suspension Of Disbelief. I'd say if she's in character, she may just write some of us off as "those weirdos", and that would decrease the number of those who can actually drive the discussion with her.
(Damn, I miss the wiki markup...)

UPD: Also, Poirot doesn't just "dismiss" our claims...
Last edited by Dryunya on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dryunya

Postby Adell on Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:09 pm

A little off topic, but I'm kind of annoyed with myself. I had FOUND her twitter around my final construction of the URL, but thought it was unrelated! BAAAAAH!
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Victin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:03 pm

What? (My what is because she tweeted 3 times the same thing. Meta says that she isn't too good in character)
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Anura on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:21 pm

And also, I hate Twitter. Or it hates me...

Not good with technology?
Anura

Postby VicariousShaner on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:36 pm

https://twitter.com/mindsNmatters/statu ... 56/photo/1

Well, it appears the most important clue of all time has been revealed.

Going to ask Chesire what he thinks of the cats. Will edit when/if I get a response.
VicariousShaner

Postby Lordxana0 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:21 pm

So her patient has been scorned and is a great believer in justice.

King Arthur (wife cheated on him with best friend. Also a great believer in justice)

Really could be any type of fictional character, I will edit this when I think of a few more people
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:26 pm

Right now I'm liking the idea of a more modern character. The two people we know for sure are fictional were relatively maladjusted to 21st century technology; the one fictional character who isn't (the cat seems to know Twitter quite well) is nonhuman.

Of course, there's a hole in that reasoning - we don't know how much technology is blatantly on display at Ms. Matter's private practice, and we also don't know if he's just not the type to react strongly to surprises.
JackAlsworth

Postby Wysp on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:02 pm

I've decided to throw a slight monkey wrench into things--without mentioning the game that be afoot, I've linked her to the comic page of the brunette with the glasses, just to see how she reacts. I think it might be her.
Wysp

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Wysp wrote:I've decided to throw a slight monkey wrench into things--without mentioning the game that be afoot, I've linked her to the comic page of the brunette with the glasses, just to see how she reacts. I think it might be her.

Interesting idea. Perhaps you should have asked someone else to do it, as she may react weirdly, and you are the best at interacting with her so far, but I don't think it should upset the status quo. This could get us some interesting info, or just a weird look. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Wysp on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:06 pm

I believe that if she does react weirdly, I can offhand it as a side trail that's ultimately unimportant and I can play on her professionalism to get her to focus back on Subject A.
Wysp

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:08 pm

Wysp wrote:I believe that if she does react weirdly, I can offhand it as a side trail that's ultimately unimportant and I can play on her professionalism to get her to focus back on Subject A.

Like I said, you are the best at interacting with her. :D
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:10 pm

I don't think much will come from it. We were told to focus on the patient.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:20 pm

Indeed. Still, not like we have anything better to do right now. I really do like the idea though. It's a great way of farming for info.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:51 pm

Wysp wrote:I've decided to throw a slight monkey wrench into things--without mentioning the game that be afoot, I've linked her to the comic page of the brunette with the glasses, just to see how she reacts. I think it might be her.

She has admitted that she really looks like her. Mmm. :gurt:
Dryunya

Postby The Finch on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:52 pm

Dryunya wrote:

She has admitted that she really looks like her. Mmm. :gurt:

Something is just telling me that she is the same girl from the comic.
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:01 pm

I have some doubts - the glasses are different. It's hard to tell by her twitter avatar, but she may have green eyes, too. In short, it's just a theory for now. And even if she is, all it gives us is that she is important to the plot.
Wait... wouldn't it mean that she is fictional? Do we have any fiction about psychiatrists of the Ipad era?
Dryunya

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Joan Lawson, Therapist (and Sweeney Todd)