Frontier psychiatrist

"I’m hoping to use social media to evaluate the justifiability of ‘five axis’ DSM diagnosis and perhaps develop new avenues of treatment based on group evaluations."

"I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know."

[Refictionalized 7 Nov 2012]

Re: Frontier psychiatrist

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:07 pm

Bit of a stretch, but on the next page we have could the guy with the black and white face be the patient? He looks craaaaazyyy. And dangerous.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:09 pm

I highly doubt it. The patient was described as more reserved.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:12 pm

At the moment. Maybe he has a Superpowered Evil Side. Or maybe I need a tin foil hat.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Wysp on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:28 pm

She says that she must have "one of those faces" and considers it a coincidence.

I'm not convinced.
Wysp

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:06 pm

Dryunya wrote:I highly doubt it. The patient was described as more reserved.

Like the goblin with an umbrella?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Wysp on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:07 pm

I think she'd have noticed if the guy was green.
Wysp

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:11 pm

Wysp wrote:I think she'd have noticed if the guy was green.

The colors in the comic may not relate in real life. You just need to see the cover man (holding the prism) and the woman appearing purple in another page.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:13 pm

Victin wrote:

The colors in the comic may not relate in real life. You just need to see the cover man (holding the prism) and the woman appearing purple in another page.

There's also the pointy ears.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Wysp on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:16 pm

I...didn't see any purple looking woman, and the guy who looks like Ten on the cover (and also on another page, methinks, he's doing running, which is a very Doctor activity) looks normal to me.
Wysp

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:24 pm

Wysp wrote:I...didn't see any purple looking woman, and the guy who looks like Ten on the cover (and also on another page, methinks, he's doing running, which is a very Doctor activity) looks normal to me.

Compare this to this

NeverSlender wrote:
Victin wrote:

There's also the pointy ears.

I don't see any pointy ears
Victin

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:30 pm

Sorry, I said that without looking at the comic. I just thought Goblin=Pointy ears.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Guyshane on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:31 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Sorry, I said that without looking at the comic. I just thought Goblin=Pointy ears.

thats understandable since the comic makes him look like the Green Goblin
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby The Finch on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:28 pm

Guyshane wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Sorry, I said that without looking at the comic. I just thought Goblin=Pointy ears.

You know, he does look like the Green Goblin!

SOMEONE GET A PICTURE TO MAKE SURE
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:44 am

The Finch wrote:
Guyshane wrote:

By now, we're fairly certain the green individual is not the green goblin, but the wicked witch thanks to Joe's blog post.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby The Finch on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:49 am

Adell wrote:
The Finch wrote:

By now, we're fairly certain the green individual is not the green goblin, but the wicked witch thanks to Joe's blog post.

Alright, thanks for clearing things up!
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:49 pm

I would like to suggest that we leave all important conversations with the therapist to Wysp. He is really freaking good at dealing with her. Doesn't mean no one else should post over there, but if something needs to be said that needs to be brought up in a delicate way, I say we should let him handle it. That should guarantee solid info.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:51 pm

I am just going to reply different ways for her to help with the patient. I suggested she go to the rally he is planning to get closer to him and to better understand. I will stay with suggesting, unless people believe it is counter productive, than I will stop.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:53 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:I am just going to reply different ways for her to help with the patient. I suggested she go to the rally he is planning to get closer to him and to better understand. I will stay with suggesting, unless people believe it is counter productive, than I will stop.

Nope, seems like a fine idea to me. With luck, she should think that most of us are just there for the psychology. As long as we don't blow our cover, like we did with Holmes a bit, we may be able to get a good deal of info out of her.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:55 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Lordxana0 wrote:I am just going to reply different ways for her to help with the patient. I suggested she go to the rally he is planning to get closer to him and to better understand. I will stay with suggesting, unless people believe it is counter productive, than I will stop.

Nope, seems like a fine idea to me. With luck, she should think that most of us are just there for the psychology. As long as we don't blow our cover, like we did with Holmes a bit, we may be able to get a good deal of info out of her.

If it would be okay for me to lay down a suggestion I think we should avoid talking about tropes and other such things. Lets play it :gurt: guys. Plus I think if people were posting stuff like that she would take other commenters less seriously
Lordxana0

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:56 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:If it would be okay for me to lay down a suggestion I think we should avoid talking about tropes and other such things. Lets play it :gurt: guys. Plus I think if people were posting stuff like that she would take other commenters less seriously

Exactly what I was saying. :D
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:57 pm

To be honest, he sounds like a generic anti-hero
Well, I don’t think anybody is really generic… and anti-hero isn’t exactly a psychiatric diagnosis…

Comment from her blog. Example of a comment and reply that is against what is helpful.
Lordxana0

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:16 pm

Sorry, couldn't help it. :oops:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:18 pm

Dryunya wrote:Sorry, couldn't help it. :oops:

Not a big deal. All she did was snark at you a bit. No harm done.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:21 pm

Hey, I've just read the new post and the patient sounds like someone out of 1984.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Victin on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:25 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Hey, I've just read the new post and the patient sounds like someone out of 1984.

My exact thougths.
Victin

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Joan Lawson, Therapist (and Sweeney Todd)