who is it?

"I’m hoping to use social media to evaluate the justifiability of ‘five axis’ DSM diagnosis and perhaps develop new avenues of treatment based on group evaluations."

"I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know."

[Refictionalized 7 Nov 2012]

Re: who is it?

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:48 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:I haven't seen Sweney Todd, so I'm not sure. Is there a character that fits the patient?

If any, it would be Sweeney Todd. The play takes place in London (or somewhere in England, I think it was London but I'm not sure), he traveled a lot prior to the start of the play's events, and the two things he said in the latest post are very important to his character. I have no idea how the animal activism would tie in, though.

Fom what I know of him, protesting about the wealthy doesn't seem to fit the character. The other things seem to fit.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:51 pm

NeverSlender wrote:I think your looking at it the wrong way. I think there was only one woman, and she either betrayed him or died.

This.

Also, what is BB? Is it some widespread acronym? Because if it's his initials, that would be a privacy violation. :o
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Dryunya wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:I think your looking at it the wrong way. I think there was only one woman, and she either betrayed him or died.

This.

Also, what is BB? Is it some widespread acronym? Because if it's his initials, that would be a privacy violation. :o

Dunno, it's only in this post. Maybe she got tired of referring to "the patient". I'll ask her.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby JackAlsworth on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Fom what I know of him, protesting about the wealthy doesn't seem to fit the character. The other things seem to fit.

He spends the vast majority of the movie pissed off at the Judge, who screwed him over really bad. It would fit in more with the "The powerful abuse those less powerful than them."

I'm going to leave this here. It's a song from the movie, and it's the basis of most of my arguments.
JackAlsworth

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:08 pm

Wow. The song really is echoing with the last post.

And, btw. Now that we have a working theory... What do we actually do after we confirm his identity? :|
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:10 pm

Dryunya wrote:Wow. The song really is echoing with the last post.

And, btw. Now that we have a working theory... What do we actually do after we confirm his identity? :|

Wait until he do something. Tell Mr. Cake. Nothing. The possibilities are endless.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby JackAlsworth on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:18 pm

dryunya wrote:Wow. The song really is echoing with the last post.

Doesn't it, though? This should sound a little familiar too (skip to 3:50 for the important bit, but the whole song is fantastic).

dryunya wrote:And, btw. Now that we have a working theory... What do we actually do after we confirm his identity? :|

In this case, I'd prefer we actually did something. Although I'm not sure what we can do, Sweeney has a notoriously hairpin temper, and is confirmed homicidal and dangerous.
JackAlsworth

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:21 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:
dryunya wrote:Wow. The song really is echoing with the last post.

Doesn't it, though? This should sound a little familiar too (skip to 3:50 for the important bit, but the whole song is fantastic).

dryunya wrote:And, btw. Now that we have a working theory... What do we actually do after we confirm his identity? :|

In this case, I'd prefer we actually did something. Although I'm not sure what we can do, Sweeney has a notoriously hairpin temper, and is confirmed homicidal and dangerous.

Maybe we could ask the psych to bring up things in his past to see if it triggers anything. But tell her to be careful as well, we don't want her to end up in a pie.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:50 pm

I'm convinced he is Sweeney Todd. BB stands for Benjamin Barker, which is Sweeney Todd's real name before he was deported.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:52 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:I'm convinced he is Sweeney Todd. BB stands for Benjamin Barker, which is Sweeney Todd's real name before he was deported.

Sweet, I think we really have something here! Good job guys!

Unfortunately, I am not at all familiar with Sweeny Todd, so I'm afraid I will have to leave this one to you guys.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:56 pm

The Demon Barber of Fleet Street... I do not want to deal with him. I just... don't.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Guyshane on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Well it seems likely that this is Sweeny then we should tell the therapist to be very careful. I mean remember how badly Poirot took it when we called him out? Imagine what Sweeny would do.
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:57 pm

Does Sweeney Todd have anything to do with cats?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby JackAlsworth on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:59 pm

If Sweeney thinks the psychiatrist knows that he's really Sweeney, and he stays in character, then he will kill her. We need to be really, REALLY careful what information flows to her.

I posted a comment suggesting he had family troubles. Hopefully she comments back before asking him, so we can figure out what she should say.

NeverSlender wrote:Does Sweeney Todd have anything to do with cats?

Not that I remember.
JackAlsworth

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:00 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:If Sweeney thinks the psychiatrist knows that he's really Sweeney, and he stays in character, then he will kill her. We need to be really, REALLY careful what information flows to her.

I posted a comment suggesting he had family troubles. Hopefully she comments back before asking him, so we can figure out what she should say.

NeverSlender wrote:Does Sweeney Todd have anything to do with cats?

Not that I remember.

K, cats must be unrelated then.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:12 pm

There is a mention in the play of cats being used for meat in pies by one of Mrs. Lovett's rivals, but I don't think Sweeney himself ever expressed any interest in cats.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby YankeeWhite on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:15 pm

Wow, fantastic work guys and gals! But yeah, the real question is what do we DO with this knowledge? Try to get Cheshire or Mr. A to confirm our suspicions?
YankeeWhite

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:20 pm

Maybe we should stall the sessions - make the therapist take it slow, so that we know BB is still there and she didn't take any drastic measures to provoke him - until we find a way to get the wall fixed. Sounds somewhat stupid meta-wise, but in reality, that would be rational.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:22 pm

Dryunya wrote:Maybe we should stall the sessions - make the therapist take it slow, so that we know BB is still there and she didn't take any drastic measures to provoke him - until we find a way to get the wall fixed. Sounds somewhat stupid meta-wise, but in reality, that would be rational.

I gotta feeling if something's supposed to happen it will, despite our best efforts. Look at the detectives for instance. It's basically turned into an "I'm more cunning than you"... off.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:25 pm

Exactly my point. Which is why I have no idea what else to do. I'm open to suggestions. :(
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:27 pm

Dryunya wrote:Exactly my point. Which is why I have no idea what else to do. I'm open to suggestions. :(

I think the best we can do is try confirm his identity and then just let the plot roll.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:53 pm

I've just realized what has been bugging me: we can't confirm his identity until some absolutely obvious clue descends upon us, because asking the therapist is not an option.
Dryunya

Postby The Finch on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:00 pm

IslaKariese wrote:The Demon Barber of Fleet Street... I do not want to deal with him. I just... don't.

She's right. And you really don't want a haircut from him either.

Edit: (GULP). SORRY ABOUT THAT
Last edited by The Finch on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:08 pm

The Finch wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:The Demon Barber of Fleet Street... I do not want to deal with him. I just... don't.

He's right. And you really don't want a haircut from him either.

I'm a she, hun. I won't be going to a barber for my haircare needs. And I'm not very fond of meat pies, either.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:26 pm

I'm a she, hun. I won't be going to a barber for my haircare needs. And I'm not very fond of meat pies, either.

Come, join the club of having your gender mistaken on the internet (on one memorable occasion in my case, by Sherlock Holmes). :)

The scary thing is, there are probably a LOT worse people it could be than the Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Fiction, like reality, knows no bounds of depravity.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Joan Lawson, Therapist (and Sweeney Todd)