who is it?

"I’m hoping to use social media to evaluate the justifiability of ‘five axis’ DSM diagnosis and perhaps develop new avenues of treatment based on group evaluations."

"I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know."

[Refictionalized 7 Nov 2012]

who is it?

Postby StarWarsMonkey on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:41 pm

so obviously this character or her patient is important, but does anyone have any guesses as to who they could be? what fictional homeless characters do we know of?
StarWarsMonkey

Re: who is it?

Postby Dryunya on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:50 pm

Even though it's absolutely wrong, I can't help thinking about Tom Sawyer. :shock:
I don't think the guesses are getting us anywhere here. She promised to post the details next week... let's wait.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby DrunkGirlfriend on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:23 pm

It could possibly also be Oliver Twist.
DrunkGirlfriend

Postby YankeeWhite on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:50 pm

Just throwing out Homer Wells from Cider House Rules. Heck it could be any number of orphans at this point. ;)
Or Parry from 'The Fisher King' if we're going the homeless route.
YankeeWhite

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:15 pm

Maybe it's just because i'm studying old films, but the first person that came to mind was this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tramp

...but there haven't been any film characters so far. By so far, I mean, the one character we've had.
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby LenJates on Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:16 pm

I'm gonna make a guesstimate on the identity of the therapist, Harley Quinzel?
LenJates

Postby SaigoSentinel on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:23 pm

LenJates wrote:I'm gonna make a guesstimate on the identity of the therapist, Harley Quinzel?

I would find that interesting, to say the least.
SaigoSentinel

Postby VicariousShaner on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:27 pm

Mr.A mentioned that we should be focused on the patient, right? This probably means that the psychologist is a normal human being. Or, at least, a really unimportant fictional one.

Still more interesting than Poirot, though.
VicariousShaner

Postby LenJates on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:41 am

LenJates

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:57 am

Pretty sure that's the Cat's way of saying, "Stop worrying about the psychiatrist, guys, and start thinking about the patient."
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby SaigoSentinel on Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:52 am

Sicon112 wrote:Pretty sure that's the Cat's way of saying, "Stop worrying about the psychiatrist, guys, and start thinking about the patient."

Agreed. Hopefully more info on the patient will be coming in the next few days.
SaigoSentinel

Postby Telcontar on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:55 pm

She posted an update. I'm certain at this point that her patient is another fictional character, but the description still isn't specific enough to start guessing who.
Telcontar

Postby Endless Sea on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:22 pm

Believe it or not, for a brief period of time I was actually thinking we were dealing with BLEACH's Kaname Tosen, what with the rebellion thing, the chip on his shoulder, all that stuff about JUSTICE, an odd accent... But nah, it can't be. Although now my mind is straying towards Justice League: Cry For Justice, much to my irritation. -_-
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
Endless Sea

Postby Lordxana0 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Posted this in the other topic but will post my one guess I can think of right now.

King Arthur, he could be the knight we saw, he is a great believer in justice, and in most versions of his story his most loyal knight Lancelot slept with his wife.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:28 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:Posted this in the other topic but will post my one guess I can think of right now.

King Arthur, he could be the knight we saw, he is a great believer in justice, and in most versions of his story his most loyal knight Lancelot slept with his wife.

I have four or five versions of the Arthur Legend in my (admittedly ridiculous) home library as well. I'm not to sure that it is him. I guess it could be; there are so many versions of the Arthurian Tales, none of which are really any more cannon that others, and there is not enough info to tell if it is a version I am familiar with or not.

In summary, a viable theory, but for the moment there is too little info. The stuff we have could fit just about any basic Hero type character with a Dark And Troubled Past.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Lordxana0 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Lordxana0 wrote:Posted this in the other topic but will post my one guess I can think of right now.

I have four or five versions of the Arthur Legend in my (admittedly ridiculous) home library as well. I'm not to sure that it is him. I guess it could be; there are so many versions of the Arthurian Tales, none of which are really any more cannon that others, and there is not enough info to tell if it is a version I am familiar with or not.

In summary, a viable theory, but for the moment there is too little info. The stuff we have could fit just about any basic Hero type character with a Dark And Troubled Past.

True for all the information we have it could be Batman....

Oh God please let it be Batman. Or Superman.
Lordxana0

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:35 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:Oh God please let it be Batman. Or Superman.

This. Hilarity/Awesomeness Ensues.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:54 pm

We also need to remember that his accent "sounds foreign". So either the character isn't American, or he's faking.

(Clearly it's Turkish Batman)
JackAlsworth

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:58 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:We also need to remember that his accent "sounds foreign". So either the character isn't American, or he's faking.

(Clearly it's Turkish Batman)

Good catch. I'll take that into account. Also, that last line is pure Winning.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:02 pm

That actually raises an interesting question - if there's a knockoff of a popular character and the two act nothing alike, are they the same or different - but here's not really the place for that.
JackAlsworth

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:14 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:That actually raises an interesting question - if there's a knockoff of a popular character and the two act nothing alike, are they the same or different - but here's not really the place for that.

You will find I covered this in my metaverse theory.

Sicon112 wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:I don't think you understand what I mean. I meant that if there was another layer for us but we can trace our actions through logic, cause and effect, so could fictional characters. They think they make their own decisions.

I am aware of that. And, according to this model, as far as their layer is concerned, they do. And From a Certain Point of View, that is actually correct. When they are created, their very universe and all it's history is created at the same time. As far as their layer is concerned, all of that actually happens, though we do not see it, and when they are created, they have 'character'. When people are written by a different author (With the exception of fanfiction, which I'm not sure actually directly manifests itself under this model. At least in most cases) they create a parallel version of themselves most times because their characters are slightly different. Therefore, each permutation always acts in character, and by acting in character, takes the choices in their story that they would take as a person regardless.

Basically, you end up with theoretically infinite permutations of each universe. Also, after some consideration, I have decided that fanfic would have to manifest in the metaverse, even the crappy stuff. All of the characters, even the horribly OOC ones by our standards, are still in-character in-universe, because in that universe, that is simply how they act.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Lordxana0 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Just realized in a bolt of lightening sort of way that it could also be Light Yagami from the Death Note series. He believes in JUSTICE, believes people DESERVE WHAT THEY GET, and would have a JAPANESE accent.
Lordxana0

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:43 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:Just realized in a bolt of lightening sort of way that it could also be Light Yagami from the Death Note series. He believes in JUSTICE, believes people DESERVE WHAT THEY GET, and would have a JAPANESE accent.

Please no! Moriarty is pushing it as is! I can't deal with LIGHT too!
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:50 pm

You can deal with Kira, Sicon. Moriority is enough for me!
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:50 pm

Well, if we are guessing this kind of stuff, LELOUCH VI BRITTANIA!
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Joan Lawson, Therapist (and Sweeney Todd)