who is it?

"I’m hoping to use social media to evaluate the justifiability of ‘five axis’ DSM diagnosis and perhaps develop new avenues of treatment based on group evaluations."

"I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know."

[Refictionalized 7 Nov 2012]

Re: who is it?

Postby Endless Sea on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:58 pm

Fun fact: last year, a girl I have a crush on convinced me to see my school's production of Sweeney Todd. Now that you mention him... wow, he fits really freaking well. I'll throw my support behind this theory.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
Endless Sea

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:39 pm

She has approved the role-playing, the music therapy and the judge theory. Basically, she is saying you are on the right track, guys. :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby YankeeWhite on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:03 pm

Oh yeah. The hivemind wins the internet this week!
YankeeWhite

Postby JackAlsworth on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:07 pm

YankeeWhite wrote:Oh yeah. The hivemind wins the internet this week!

I thought the hivemind was the internet.

So then... the hivemind wins itself?

Okay, head hurts. Going back to bed.
JackAlsworth

Postby Guyshane on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:04 am

I thought the hive mind was just those of us here on the site
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby JackAlsworth on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:31 pm

Blog update

Based on his response to this treatment, I am certain he can be cured through traditional psychological means and does not pose a risk to himself or those around him.

I am certain he can be cured through traditional psychological means and does not pose a risk to himself or those around him.

does not pose a risk to himself or those around him.
JackAlsworth

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:35 pm

In case you missed it on the other thread, Sweeney Todd's wife is named Lucy and was raped in the story. I think this confirms our patients identity.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:35 pm

I'm not very familiar with the story of Sweeney Todd, but is it possible that this Sweeney Todd had not gotten to the part of his story where he became a sociopathic killer? Maybe that's why the psychiatrist thinks he can be cured and poses no threat? What if she's right and she manages to cure him? Imagine the implications.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:36 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:I'm not very familiar with the story of Sweeney Todd, but is it possible that this Sweeney Todd had not gotten to the part of his story where he became a sociopathic killer? Maybe that's why the psychiatrist thinks he can be cured and poses no threat? What if she's right and she manages to cure him? Imagine the implications.

Going by the messages and that he appears to have come from his story after his wife was raped and murdered his sanity is loooooooooooooooooooooong gone.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby JackAlsworth on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:38 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:I'm not very familiar with the story of Sweeney Todd, but is it possible that this Sweeney Todd had not gotten to the part of his story where he became a sociopathic killer? Maybe that's why the psychiatrist thinks he can be cured and poses no threat? What if she's right and she manages to cure him? Imagine the implications.

What Never said. He's been quoting the "Epiphany" song a lot, and that's basically when he starts killing people indiscriminately.
JackAlsworth

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:39 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:

What Never said. He's been quoting the "Epiphany" song a lot, and that's basically when he starts killing people indiscriminately.

But if he hasn't started killing yet, then he can still be redeemed, right?
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Now for a rather important problem we have: How do we warn the psyichiatrist she is treating someone who most likely wants to bake her into a pie?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby JackAlsworth on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:43 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:But if he hasn't started killing yet, then he can still be redeemed, right?

I should have made myself clearer: He's killed several people up to "Epiphany," that's just the point where he stops caring who he kills.

NeverSlender wrote:Now for a rather important problem we have: How do we warn the psyichiatrist she is treating someone who most likely wants to bake her into a pie?

[semantic]Todd never cared about the pies he just wanted a body count[/semantic]

I think our best course of action right now is to find that notebook. It might help us figure out what track she's on with the "cure", and how we can help with that.
JackAlsworth

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:47 pm

Does anyone think getting her to watch Sweeney Todd would work?

Meta side-note: The early posts which mentioned the patients protesting seem to me to be inconsistent with Todd's character. I could be wrong, I'm not overly familiar with the story. Anyone else think the GMs didn't decide who it was going to be until later?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:00 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Does anyone think getting her to watch Sweeney Todd would work?

Meta side-note: The early posts which mentioned the patients protesting seem to me to be inconsistent with Todd's character. I could be wrong, I'm not overly familiar with the story. Anyone else think the GMs didn't decide who it was going to be until later?

He doesn't get involved with the protests because he cares about the cause. Initially he just wants the free food, presumably because he's in a strange place with no money. Only after he makes some friends at the protests does he start to become invested in them.

There is a rant early in the musical about how horrible London is, which complains about the social structure and essentially gets at a frustration with social injustice. So while activism is definitely not his goal in life, it seems reasonably in character for him to line up in favor of a cause like he did here.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:03 am

Back on subject, how do we warn the therapist?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:26 am

NeverSlender wrote:Back on subject, how do we warn the therapist?

Ultimately, we can't. We have no proof other than, "He bears an uncanny resemblance to a fictional character who's very dangerous", which she is not very likely to believe.

Meta wise, I do believe she is protected by plot armor. She is the only means we have of tracking Sweeney. And what would become of her cats?

I still don't know much about Sweeney's story, but I just don't know if he'll just randomly decide to bake her into a pie after a week of therapy without any provocation. Doesn't he usually have some kind of motive for his murders? Would he just kill somebody who means him no harm just for being there? Again, I'm unfamiliar with the character, but I would think if that's something he would do, he would've done it by now.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:35 am

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Back on subject, how do we warn the therapist?

Ultimately, we can't. We have no proof other than, "He bears an uncanny resemblance to a fictional character who's very dangerous", which she is not very likely to believe.

Meta wise, I do believe she is protected by plot armor. She is the only means we have of tracking Sweeney. And what would become of her cats?

I still don't know much about Sweeney's story, but I just don't know if he'll just randomly decide to bake her into a pie after a week of therapy without any provocation. Doesn't he usually have some kind of motive for his murders? Would he just kill somebody who means him no harm just for being there? Again, I'm unfamiliar with the character, but I would think if that's something he would do, he would've done it by now.

The therapist is not the only way we can keep track of Sweeney. We still have Sherlock and Poirot, who, with the heaps of information we have about Sweeney, will most likely be able to find him. What's important though, is that they have to find him before he gets in trouble, because as I said in another thread, he will also have to be kept safe in order to be sent back. I am not certain if this is also the case if we intend to go through with the plan of fictionalizing the ARG.

Anyway, if my theory (if you can call it that) is correct, then the therapist is by no means safe.

Whew, those were some difficult words.

Beegy bongy boogy buggy.

I feel better now
RotavatoR

Postby Wysp on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:03 pm

Hrm...would it be possible to as Mr. A about sending someone to protect Ms. Matters from Sweeny?
Wysp

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:04 pm

Wysp wrote:Hrm...would it be possible to as Mr. A about sending someone to protect Ms. Matters from Sweeny?

I think the best idea would be to get her to watch Sweeney Todd.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:10 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Wysp wrote:Hrm...would it be possible to as Mr. A about sending someone to protect Ms. Matters from Sweeny?

And i think the best way to get her to do that is by first pointing out that her patient has an awful lot of similarities with Sweeney, and then pointing her towards the movie. We shouldn't just tell her to watch that movie out of nowhere.
RotavatoR

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:11 pm

RotavatoR wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:

And i think the best way to get her to do that is by first pointing out that her patient has an awful lot of similarities with Sweeney, and then pointing her towards the movie. We shouldn't just tell her to watch that movie out of nowhere.

Probably.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby JackAlsworth on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:21 pm

YankeeWhite already left a comment to that effect on the latest post.
JackAlsworth

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:23 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:YankeeWhite already left a comment to that effect on the latest post.

The reason we discuss things is because we're not sure what to do. It doesn't work when someone goes by themslelf.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:25 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:YankeeWhite already left a comment to that effect on the latest post.

No, not really. He never mentioned his name. If Mrs Matters has never seen or read Sweeney Todd, that is not exactly helpful. I'm talking about just pointing out to her that her patient has a lot in common with Sweeney, and that she should do some research if she's interested.
RotavatoR

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Joan Lawson, Therapist (and Sweeney Todd)