Sweeney's Missing

"I’m hoping to use social media to evaluate the justifiability of ‘five axis’ DSM diagnosis and perhaps develop new avenues of treatment based on group evaluations."

"I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know."

[Refictionalized 7 Nov 2012]

Sweeney's Missing

Postby JackAlsworth on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:03 pm

JackAlsworth

Re: Sweeney's Missing

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:07 pm

Is Poirot still in the city? We might need his help.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby S_o_S on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:08 pm

Hard to say, he hasn't updated his blog in six days. He could be missing too... Somebody email him?
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:18 pm

We've tried, haven't we? I thought his email was invalid.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby S_o_S on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:20 pm

Oh, thought that was Holmes' for some reason. Maybe if someone just comments on his blog then?
S_o_S

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:23 pm

S_o_S wrote:Oh, thought that was Holmes' for some reason. Maybe if someone just comments on his blog then?

Rightm what sos said, send the comment to his blog already, it hardly MATTERS whether the Cabal sees it or not so long as Poirot does. Like BEFORE Sweeny Todd turns up again.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby S_o_S on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:25 pm

Just did so myself. Anything else I should have added?

http://belgianamongtheenglish.wordpress ... omment-366

EDIT: Awaiting moderation, so I dunno if you can see it. Brilliant. Text as follows in case you can't: Hercule, we have a problem. According to the psychoanalyst, Todd has now gone missing. He is no longer staying in his accommodation and has missed a session with the analyst. He may well return to his more… psychopathic tendencies.

In addition, it’s been almost a week since we’ve heard from you – where have you been?
S_o_S

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:27 pm

S_o_S wrote:Just did so myself. Anything else I should have added?

http://belgianamongtheenglish.wordpress ... omment-366

Possibly 'don't panic' but hell, he's Poirot, he's probably got that down to an artform by now.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Lordxana0 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:54 pm

Any chance this is the Cabal's doing?
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:57 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:Any chance this is the Cabal's doing?

Any chance that Mister Administrator might be undeniably vague and mysterious?

(Sorry I'm being sarcastic, but yeah I think it's highly likely.)
Scarab

Postby JackAlsworth on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:59 pm

On the chance that this comment is, in fact, from Todd, we can assume that wherever he is, he has internet access.

And the Cabal wants him. Joy.
JackAlsworth

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:04 pm

He's hacked her blog.

Now I've got to go read what he wrote.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby H22 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:10 pm

Is it just me or would talking to him serve no purpose? (I tried to on Poirot's blog)
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:11 pm

Okay.
This is not good.
If we want Lawson to live (which we DO, after what happened with Tara), then we need to prove to him that Lucy's alive.

And all written records are unreadable to him.

Suggestion: This is a job for SCIENCE! By which I mean, it's super-important that we contact the Witch again and ask her to confirm/deny if she sees anything when she watches the MOVIE "The Wizard of Oz." (This is a job best done by Scarab, as she is the Witch's main contact.) Tell her this information is of the UTMOST importance for our mission, and will help us in getting her back sooner (this is true; the sooner this crisis is dealt with, the sooner we can write her a refictionalization story).
IF, as I suspect, she can see it, then perhaps Barker will accept the Sweeney Todd movie as evidence, if we frame it in the right way (those of you have seen the movie-- confirm/deny if it does indicate that Lucy still lives, please).

...And, on the bright side, he clearly already knows that he's not from around here/now.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:12 pm

Oh boy. Sweeney discovering the contents of the blog is a very dangerous development.

At least he seems more concerned with finding his wife than with seeking vengeance, though. We CAN help him. I just don't know how to prove to him that Lucy is still alive.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:14 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Okay.
This is not good.
If we want Lawson to live (which we DO, after what happened with Tara), then we need to prove to him that Lucy's alive.

Suggestion: This is a job for SCIENCE! By which I mean, it's super-important that we contact the Witch again and ask her to confirm/deny if she sees anything when she watches the MOVIE "The Wizard of Oz." (This is a job best done by Scarab, as she is the Witch's main contact.) Tell her this information is of the UTMOST importance for our mission, and will help us in getting her back sooner (this is true; the sooner this crisis is dealt with, the sooner we can write her a refictionalization story).
IF, as I suspect, she can see it, then perhaps Barker will accept the Sweeney Todd movie as evidence, if we frame it in the right way (those of you have seen the movie-- confirm/deny if it does indicate that Lucy still lives, please).

...And, on the bright side, he clearly already knows that he's not from around here/now.

The filmed version of the play definitely confirms that Lucy's alive. I believe the Tim Burton film does too, but I don't remember that one very clearly.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:14 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Okay.
This is not good.

I'm on it, putting together a letter now.

Urgh, Sweeney Todd both terrifies me and makes me want to slap him, who the hell does he think he is?
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:23 pm

kay how does this look to you guys:

We have a situation of utmost urgency on our hands, and it deals with people who, like you, have trouble with the getting back to where they belong thing.

We need confirmation of something. This may seem strange and frivolous to you, but I hope you have in any way come to trust my judgement over the last few weeks. I won’t ask politely, I get the feeling that wouldn’t go down well (sorry, instincts, you know?), I’ll just say... it’s pretty imperative to certain issues we are currently dealing with.

There is a Movie in existence right now, and we wish to know if you can see it. In much the same way you were unable to read certain books earlier on, we need confirmation that you have the same problem when watching the following: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQLNS3HWfCM

This could be relevant to you in the future, make no mistake.

I'll send once I have confirmatiom from you guys that I'm good to go.
Scarab

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:25 pm

Sounds good to me, Scarab.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:27 pm

Looks good.
She'd better do it.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:31 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Looks good.
She'd better do it.

I'll send it, then.

Not sure what better incentive I can offer her to help us... I feel like I should add something.
Scarab

Postby S_o_S on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:37 pm

S_o_S

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:46 pm

S_o_S wrote:Well, she's currently alive...

https://twitter.com/mindsNmatters/statu ... 4448435200

That's a relief. She better stay where she is though... urgh, I wish she'd acknowledge how serious this is.

Todd is just... jesus, Poirot had it all right in that audiofile. He keeps trying to dress this violent, vigilante style of revenge up as justice, and it makes me feel sick :x
Scarab

Postby S_o_S on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:49 pm

Right folks, as of Mr. A's thread, we can begin refictionalising our first character! Who is relatively familiar with his verse?

EDIT: I'm familiar with the musical, but not extremely.
Last edited by S_o_S on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S_o_S

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:50 pm

S_o_S wrote:Right folks, as of Mr. A's thread, we can begin refictionalising our first character! Who is relatively familiar with his verse?

I have not got the slightest idea about this universe! I may very well have to sit this out, especially with all the other projects on.

Also, Lawson is... totally not listening to us with regards to how URGENT this is.
Scarab

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Joan Lawson, Therapist (and Sweeney Todd)