Sweeney's Missing

"I’m hoping to use social media to evaluate the justifiability of ‘five axis’ DSM diagnosis and perhaps develop new avenues of treatment based on group evaluations."

"I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know."

[Refictionalized 7 Nov 2012]

Re: Sweeney's Missing

Postby S_o_S on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:52 pm

I tweeted her asking her if she knows how to calm him down. We'll see if she can help.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:52 pm

Maybe we should directly take Mr A's advice.
That is, give up warning Lawson for the moment and (again, those of us with twitter) ask her how we can help calm him down.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:55 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Maybe we should directly take Mr A's advice.
That is, give up warning Lawson for the moment and (again, those of us with twitter) ask her how we can help calm him down.

She knows him better than we do... is there anyway somebody with twitter can ask about how to deal with patients like him, so we'll know what to say?

We heard in Poirot's audiofile that Sweeney really can't deal with being confronted with the truth of what he is - he broke down crying when Poirot told him what he thought, clearly something Poirot said hit home. Benjamin Barker IS still in there. Maybe that's the answer? Maybe instead of trying to pussyfoot around him we have to force him to see the truth of what he is doing?

Granted this is a TERRIBLY risky idea which could go very, very wrong...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby S_o_S on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:02 pm

"I won't know much more unless we can get him to return. Finding out about Lucy could prove helpful if he does."
S_o_S

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:05 pm

S_o_S wrote:"I won't know much more unless we can get him to return. Finding out about Lucy could prove helpful if he does."

"Get him to return"? Does she mean to his story? Does she know? Or maybe she means to therapy or something.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby S_o_S on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:07 pm

To her therapy, obviously.
S_o_S

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:08 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
S_o_S wrote:"I won't know much more unless we can get him to return. Finding out about Lucy could prove helpful if he does."

"Get him to return"? Does she mean to his story? Does she know? Or maybe she means to therapy or something.

I think she means to her for therapy. So, for now, what we need is to get Todd to go back to the therapist. However, he doesn't seem to trust her, given that she's posted about him on her blog. And I understand why that's upsetting to him.

He's watching Poirot's blog, apparently. Can we get Poirot to post something encouraging Todd to return to therapy?
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby S_o_S on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:11 pm

It's not so much that he doesn't trust her right now as much as it is that he's kind of a psychopath. I don't advise sending him back to her, but we do need to get a message to him.
S_o_S

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:13 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:

I think she means to her for therapy. So, for now, what we need is to get Todd to go back to the therapist. However, he doesn't seem to trust her, given that she's posted about him on her blog. And I understand why that's upsetting to him.

He's watching Poirot's blog, apparently. Can we get Poirot to post something encouraging Todd to return to therapy?

Getting him back to therapy is good, but the main thing is trying to prove to him that Lucy is alive. But how do we do that? Is there anyway we can cure his story blindness?
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby S_o_S on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:15 pm

I believe Scarab was testing showing part of a movie to the Witch. If that works, we can show him the film. Alternatively, our best bet would be to show him Poirot's letter.
S_o_S

Postby S_o_S on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:19 pm

The therapist suggests proving that Lucy is alive and that we are on his side. Brainstorm people!
S_o_S

Postby Victin on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:21 pm

S_o_S wrote:The therapist suggests proving that Lucy is alive and that we are on his side. Brainstorm people!

Poirot
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby S_o_S on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:23 pm

Oh fuck, Sweeney is losing it. Comment on Poirot's latest entry:

"You say nothing of the only matter of importance – whether Lucy survived or not. You have taken long enough, Monsieur Mustache. I must now take matters into my own hands. You’re worse than that pie-making woman, swearing that you would do something to find Lucy and then sitting on your hands and refusing to seek out real proof. I’ve had enough! No more! No one had mercy on Lucy then. There will be none now for those who refuse to find the truth. NO MERCY!"

He's seen the letter and it isn't enough.

EDIT: Another comment, in reply to one of us:

"WHOEVER YOU ARE H I WILL DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE UNLESS YOU OR MONSIEUR POIROT OR SOMEONE ELSE CAN GIVE ME A REASON NOT TO. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR SUCH WEAKNESS OF SPIRIT AS THAT LOVETT WOMAN SO CLEARLY DEMONSTRATED."
S_o_S

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:34 pm

I replied to Sweeney's last comment. I'm hoping we can calm him down. Don't know how much good it will do, just saying things in comments, but it's something.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:39 pm

Mindsandmatter wrote:you said someone posted on my blog, right? I'm not able to look at it now. If it was him, did he indicate how we may convince him?

Sweeney Todd wrote:EVERY TIME I TRY TO LEARN MORE ABOUT MY OWN STORY I SEE ONLY EMPTINESS NO RECORDS SEEM TO HAVE SURVIVED MY JOURNEY HERE IF SHE IS REALLY ALIVE, PROVE IT TO ME SO THAT I CAN SAVE HER FIND SOMETHING THAT i CAN SEE THAT WILL TELL ME THE TRUTH

Okay, looks like we need to get him something he can see. If he can't read his story, watch his film, or go see his play, maybe there is something we can create that may convince him? No, that sounds dumb.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:41 pm

Maybe someone should link him a youtube clip of the film that has Lucy alive in it
without waiting for confirmation from the witch.

If it doesn't work, he thinks that person's a troll and we go back to the drawing board. If it works, then-- success!

(So-- someone who's actually SEEN one of the films, and knows what to look for-- care to find him a link?)
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby S_o_S on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:42 pm

Mindsandmatter wrote:you said someone posted on my blog, right? I'm not able to look at it now. If it was him, did he indicate how we may convince him?

Sweeney Todd wrote:EVERY TIME I TRY TO LEARN MORE ABOUT MY OWN STORY I SEE ONLY EMPTINESS NO RECORDS SEEM TO HAVE SURVIVED MY JOURNEY HERE IF SHE IS REALLY ALIVE, PROVE IT TO ME SO THAT I CAN SAVE HER FIND SOMETHING THAT i CAN SEE THAT WILL TELL ME THE TRUTH

Okay, looks like we need to get him something he can see. If he can't read his story, watch his film, or go see his play, maybe there is something we can create that may convince him? No, that sounds dumb.

"Do you think there is something that might have survived my coming here? I have searched and searched for answers on my own but everything I found was blank."

Considering this comment on Poirot's blog, this is almost certainly what we need to do here. What if we try linking him to a clip from the film? We still don't have the results from the Witch, but I believe this is too urgent for us not to try.
S_o_S

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:42 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Okay, looks like we need to get him something he can see. If he can't read his story, watch his film, or go see his play, maybe there is something we can create that may convince him? No, that sounds dumb.

Hm. If we just copy the story word-for-word, I don't think he'd see that either. Nor can we rewrite it, 'cause then it won't be true (as far as fictional stories go, anyway). Perhaps if enough people say the same thing, he'll take it as proof?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:43 pm

Do you think there is something that might have survived my coming here? I have searched and searched for answers on my own but everything I found was blank.

Well, I got him to stop with the all caps for a moment.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:45 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Okay, looks like we need to get him something he can see. If he can't read his story, watch his film, or go see his play, maybe there is something we can create that may convince him? No, that sounds dumb.

Hm. If we just copy the story word-for-word, I don't think he'd see that either. Nor can we rewrite it, 'cause then it won't be true (as far as fictional stories go, anyway). Perhaps if enough people say the same thing, he'll take it as proof?

That might not be enough. He'll just assume we're lying.

If not a movie clip, then how about a snapshot? Just show him an image of Lucy from the film, see if he sees anything.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:47 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:That might not be enough. He'll just assume we're lying.

If not a movie clip, then how about a snapshot? Just show him an image of Lucy from the film, see if he sees anything.

But that won't prove she's alive - that picture could've been taken at any time, from his perspective.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby S_o_S on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:48 pm

Unless we show him a photo of her as the beggar woman.
S_o_S

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:49 pm

S_o_S wrote:Unless we show him a photo of her as the beggar woman.

Still. Doesn't mean she's alive now.
IslaKariese

Postby S_o_S on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:50 pm

We're assuming that Sweeney is from before the point that he kills Lucy, not knowing that it's her. If we show him an image of her as the beggar woman, we're good I think.
S_o_S

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:51 pm

However, he's already met the beggar woman and doesn't know she's Lucy. How do we prove to him that Lucy is the beggar woman?
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Joan Lawson, Therapist (and Sweeney Todd)