Sweeney's Missing

"I’m hoping to use social media to evaluate the justifiability of ‘five axis’ DSM diagnosis and perhaps develop new avenues of treatment based on group evaluations."

"I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know."

[Refictionalized 7 Nov 2012]

Re: Sweeney's Missing

Postby S_o_S on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:53 pm

If he looks at it long enough, he may recognise her. I'll stress that.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby S_o_S on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:03 pm

He couldn't see the photograph.

"You are saying Lucy isn’t dead but has become a beggar, one I have spoken with no less? Where do you get such ideas? Whatever you wished to show me as evidence did not appear. You must try again if you wish for this night to pass without incident."

Either somebody needs to try a clip, or we need something physical. Where would we get something like that?!
S_o_S

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:05 pm

S_o_S wrote:He couldn't see the photograph.

"You are saying Lucy isn’t dead but has become a beggar, one I have spoken with no less? Where do you get such ideas? Whatever you wished to show me as evidence did not appear. You must try again if you wish for this night to pass without incident."

Either somebody needs to try a clip, or we need something physical. Where would we get something like that?!

From a fictional story? You tell me.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby S_o_S on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:07 pm

I'll ask Joan.

EDIT: Never mind, that's a stupid idea. I've got nothing.
Last edited by S_o_S on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S_o_S

Postby Victin on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:07 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
S_o_S wrote:He couldn't see the photograph.

From a fictional story? You tell me.

What if we make a play? And have Sweeney watching it?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby S_o_S on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:08 pm

He'll accuse us of making it up. How do we do it in such a short space of time, anyway?
S_o_S

Postby JackAlsworth on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:16 pm

The letter's important. There has to be something about Todd's story that we can extrapolate from only the letter that will convince him that Lucy's alive. I think "showing him his story" is the wrong track. But most of my guesses have been wrong before...

EDIT: As far as I can tell, the letter's implying that Judge Turpin is bribing Lovett into declaring Johanna an orphan. The only reason she would NEED to be bribed is if she knew that Johanna's parents were still alive.
JackAlsworth

Postby S_o_S on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:20 pm

I'm not sure. As Poirot points out, the letter is old. Ten or twenty years old at least. A lot can happen in that space of time after all...
S_o_S

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:30 pm

S_o_S wrote:I'm not sure. As Poirot points out, the letter is old. Ten or twenty years old at least. A lot can happen in that space of time after all...

The witch got back to me. Get yourselves over to her EMAIL thread right now, I think we;ve had a breakthrough on the them-not-seeing-their-canon problem.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=165&p=22353#p22353
Last edited by Scarab on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby S_o_S on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:31 pm

Linking Sweeney's wiki page to him now!

... Or should we - that will contain the information that he ultimately kills her. If we do this, we have to tell him that we can change things. We have to make him aware of that.
S_o_S

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:34 pm

S_o_S wrote:Linking Sweeney's wiki page to him now!

... Or should we - that will contain the information that he ultimately kills her. If we do this, we have to tell him that we can change things. We have to make him aware of that.

Yes we must, make absolutely sure he understands and acknowledges that BEFORE he reads it, I don't think he's killed her yet in his canon!

And if he has let's hope he bluescreens as opposed to murders anybody in rage!
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:36 pm

Edit: That's MUCH better than the dangerous idea I was about to post.

How about this: Someone with a wikipedia page temporarily edits it to take out the bit where he kills his wife.
Then links it to him.
After we've gotten confirmation that he's seen it, you can restore the wikipedia page. Hey, we did that for our Public Secret Message with Rick on tvtropes, after all.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby S_o_S on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:58 pm

Right, so Todd takes the Wiki page as fact. However, he's now seen the end of his story.

We need to convince him that we can change his fate.
S_o_S

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:14 pm

And the Wikipedia vandalism did nothing. The GMs wanted him to see the original page, so he saw the original page. Oh, well.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby JackAlsworth on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:57 pm

He's not homicidal anymore, although he is depressed. That's an improvement, though. It's a lot easier to work with a patient who isn't actively trying to kill you.
JackAlsworth

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:11 pm

While we are writing stories, and Mr. A picks one, a lot of time may pass, so I think we should direct him back to the therapist if he pops up again. At least it would be constructive.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:49 pm

Dryunya wrote:While we are writing stories, and Mr. A picks one, a lot of time may pass, so I think we should direct him back to the therapist if he pops up again. At least it would be constructive.

Looks like he's already scheduled an appointment. http://mindsandmatters.ezblog.twwf.info/?p=126
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:30 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
Dryunya wrote:While we are writing stories, and Mr. A picks one, a lot of time may pass, so I think we should direct him back to the therapist if he pops up again. At least it would be constructive.

Looks like he's already scheduled an appointment. http://mindsandmatters.ezblog.twwf.info/?p=126

In the most AWESOME way possible. I gotta say, even with how psychotic he is, that was pure epic winning.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Previous

Return to [REFIC'D] Joan Lawson, Therapist (and Sweeney Todd)