Someone please take a closer look at the cats.

"I’m hoping to use social media to evaluate the justifiability of ‘five axis’ DSM diagnosis and perhaps develop new avenues of treatment based on group evaluations."

"I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know."

[Refictionalized 7 Nov 2012]

Someone please take a closer look at the cats.

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:30 am

The black and white one has eyes that stare right through your soul.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Re: Someone please take a closer look at the cats.

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:34 am

Lordxana0 wrote:The black and white one has eyes that stare right through your soul.

I thought all cats did that. <------- (Owns a dog)

(OK, OK, I was just joking people.)

In all seriousness, yea, do that. The cat thing actually might be important, though I cannot yet see how. Conservation of Narrative Detail and all that.

EDIT: Hey, Dryu, you've been wanting a pixel hunt for a while now haven't you?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:45 am

I did a second look (no photoshop or anything), and this cat looks like it has freaking opposable thumbs. Can't believe I missed it the first time.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:46 am

Dryunya wrote:I did a second look (no photoshop or anything), and this cat looks like it has freaking opposable thumbs.

See, I knew I should call in Dryu. Plus one polydactyl cat for the ARG... (Does that mean I have to take more drinks than for a normal cat?)
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:01 am

I'm not really saying it's the Cheshire Cat (it's pretty much debunked by the comic), but I've asked how old the cat is, just in case. I'm pretty sure that if she adopted it, she'd mention it in the answer, so the question is pretty inconspicuous.
I don't have time now to photoshop the hell out of the pictures (for the record, I'm not that good with photoshop when it comes to steganography), but I hope to do it before you all start waking up.

Oh, and, you know... Sometimes polydactil cats are just polydactil cats. :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:39 am

I checked again, a bit more thoroughly. The pixels behave well, no metadata, and no attached rars. I don't think there is anything else special about them.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:55 am

Black and white cat. Page 6 of the comic shows a man with a black and white face.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:06 am

Voluntary Shapeshifting? I was more inclined to think of it as a Funny Animal. (Keep taking your sips :gurt: ) Note that some characters we've seen don't appear in the comic, so the cat doesn't have to, either.
Dryunya

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:12 am

Suppose I should say this is the picture I was looking at. https://twitter.com/mindsNmatters/statu ... 25/photo/1

Is it me or is that cat smiling?
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby YankeeWhite on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:23 am

I haven't looked into the pics yet, maybe later today.
But my WMG, if this cat duo are POI (or COI Cats Of Interest ;) ) they could be from T.S. Eliot’s 'Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats'. Eliot’s OPBoPC has a well known adaptation, the musical 'CATS'. Of course bringing this up opens the possibility that our new cat duo could be ANY of the cats from the book/musical.
More specifically I’m guessing they’re Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer who, in the book, are depicted knocking over Ming vases and stealing items from their human family & specialize in petty theft and mischief. Now we’ll have to wait and see if Ms. Matters starts finding things missing or new items start showing up from her “cat burglars”. Baseless WMG I know, I was just looking for any cat duos from classical literature and folklore. The ‘CATS’ connection also got my attention.
META: ‘CATS’ may be the popular/well known work, but I’m referencing OPBoPC because it’s in public domain just like most of the characters that have shown up so far.
YankeeWhite

Postby The Finch on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:27 am

YankeeWhite wrote:I haven't looked into the pics yet, maybe later today.
But my WMG, if this cat duo are POI (or COI Cats Of Interest ;) ) they could be from T.S. Eliot’s 'Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats'. Eliot’s OPBoPC has a well known adaptation, the musical 'CATS'. Of course bringing this up opens the possibility that our new cat duo could be ANY of the cats from the book/musical.
More specifically I’m guessing they’re Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer who, in the book, are depicted knocking over Ming vases and stealing items from their human family & specialize in petty theft and mischief. Now we’ll have to wait and see if Ms. Matters starts finding things missing or new items start showing up from her “cat burglars”. Baseless WMG I know, I was just looking for any cat duos from classical literature and folklore. The ‘CATS’ connection also got my attention.
META: ‘CATS’ may be the popular/well known work, but I’m referencing OPBoPC because it’s in public domain just like most of the characters that have shown up so far.

Interesting.

By the way, drink!

(GULP)
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:21 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:Suppose I should say this is the picture I was looking at. https://twitter.com/mindsNmatters/statu ... 25/photo/1

Is it me or is that cat smiling?

All cats smile, according to the Cheshire Cat.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:11 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:Is it me or is that cat smiling?

As a long-established cat owner, I might say that cats "smile" a lot. It mostly depends on the angle (and the cat's mood, duh). Mine smiles all the time. :mrgreen:
UPD: ...and my cat is most definitely real. ;)

UPD2: Now that I reviewed the sticky topic, I found out that I missed that she has just adopted those cats! I just keep missing the details lately. It means that... well. Probably that she doesn't know much about the cats. Except that they are adult, and people usually buy kittens. There may be some fishy circumstances involved. Maybe we should ask somehow, but I wouldn't want to pry.

UPD3: I asked. Help it I could not. :oops:
Dryunya

Postby JackAlsworth on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:01 pm

So apparently the cats "always liked" the psychiatrist. Friend To All Living Things, anyone? (Take a shot. :P)
JackAlsworth

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:47 pm

Aaand she admitted that the cats are both polydactyl. There is no way it's not important now.

UPD: I gave it a thought. The age of the cats doesn't match. And she has known them "for a while". I think 2 weeks doesn't count as that, so they've been around for longer. But then why the hell does she keep posting them?
I thought about asking her about the previous owner, but that would be way too inquisitive.

UPD2: Cheshire has been dropping hints all over these two. My guess is he's telling us to concentrate on them.

UPD3: Aaaand, could somebody take a look at the newer photos? I didn't see anything suspicious, but it has to be there by now. :?
Dryunya

Postby VicariousShaner on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:50 am

There is also the possibility that these cats are just a contrast to the fictional characters. Chesire's attention could also be explained by the fact that he is, well, a cat.

Or maybe I was correct originally, and this is the most important clue yet.
VicariousShaner

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:36 am

I'm sticking with voluntary shapeshifting.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:38 am

If they were shapeshifters, the puppetmasters wouldn't have to bother finding polydactyl cats for pictures. :gurt:
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:45 am

It's possible someone's damn good at photoshop.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:04 am

Still makes no sense. It requires some effort, which is not required if they are shapeshifters.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:12 am

Dryunya wrote:Still makes no sense. It requires some effort, which is not required if they are shapeshifters.

I was speaking meta-wise.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:41 am

So was I.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:47 am

Now I'm confused. Anyway, I'm struggling to find fictional polydactyl cats.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby RotavatoR on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:47 pm

I know this is a relatively old topic, but wouldn't every anthropomorfic cat that is able to hold items be polydactil?
RotavatoR

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:48 pm

RotavatoR wrote:I know this is a relatively old topic, but wouldn't every anthropomorfic cat that is able to hold items be polydactil?

Yes, but these are clearly normal cat's, just with thumbs, so that's moot. Also, I think it is becoming less likely that they are important, as there has been no mention of them for a while. They will probably do SOMETHING int he plot eventually, though.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Joan Lawson, Therapist (and Sweeney Todd)