Reunion

"I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go."

[Refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Reunion

Postby RotavatoR on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:11 am

It is ten minutes past three in Paris right now. If everything went alright, THEY HAVE MET!
RotavatoR

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:16 am

We probably should give them some time though... It's not like they'll be updating their blogs in loco with their shiny new smartphone... We'll still have to wait a couple of hours to know, estimating conservatively.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby RotavatoR on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:18 am

Pixelmage wrote:We probably should give them some time though... It's not like they'll be updating their blogs in loco with their shiny new smartphone... We'll still have to wait a couple of hours to know, estimating conservatively.

Yes, yes, I got that :P

It's just the thought that the two greatest fictional detectives have most likely finally met eachother in the real world

right now

it boggles the mind :gurt:
RotavatoR

Postby Flitterbie on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Flitterbie

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:12 pm

Well, you're already mediating the aftermatch... So I'll refrain from posting at the blogs.

But on a meta level note they're upping the ante. Holmes now has a straight up .net domain. Which means my little exploit on the ezblog.co could've been actually a planned for event.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby RotavatoR on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:14 pm

There has been some foreshadowing of Poirot not trusting that this is the "real" Holmes. Do you think we could have seen this coming?
RotavatoR

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:14 pm

Interesting developments.

Both Poirot and Holmes have their own websites now, with emails we can use to contact them for cases. That could be important.

We also know that they are both going to New York, which to me seems to imply a possible encounter with Cinderella from the video. Maybe they could help her find her lost slipper.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:17 pm

I don't think it's that bad. Reading Holmes' post, I wanted to punch Poirot in the face, but having read Poirot's, I've realized that it's the next best thing that could have happened - Poirot believes him, he believes us, and he'll try to meet Holmes in New York. And he also mentioned that he, too, has a benefactor.
And their benefactors have set up sites at the exact same time.
I bet my arse they are the same person. I also bet a lesser amount of arse that it's a Mr. A's henchman (they may have seen Mr. A in his videos, so it's less likely it's him).

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:We also know that they are both going to New York, which to me seems to imply a possible encounter with Cinderella from the video. Maybe they could help her find her lost slipper.

Hey, that's a brilliant idea! Now that they both believe us, they actually may be personally interested in the case.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Flitterbie on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:19 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Interesting developments.

Both Poirot and Holmes have their own websites now, with emails we can use to contact them for cases. That could be important.

We also know that they are both going to New York, which to me seems to imply a possible encounter with Cinderella from the video. Maybe they could help her find her lost slipper.

Or at least we can show one/both of them the video and try to get them on the case finding her.
Flitterbie

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:19 pm

Dryunya wrote:I don't think it's that bad. Reading Holmes' post, I wanted to punch Poirot in the face, but having read Poirot's, I've realized that it's the next best thing that could have happened - Poirot believes him, he believes us, and he'll try to meet Holmes in New York. And he also mentioned that he, too, has a benefactor.
I bet my arse they are the same person. I also bet a lesser amount of arse that it's a Mr. A's henchman (they may have seen Mr. A in his videos, so it's less likely it's him).

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:We also know that they are both going to New York, which to me seems to imply a possible encounter with Cinderella from the video. Maybe they could help her find her lost slipper.

Hey, that's a brilliant idea! Now that they both believe us, they actually may be personally interested in the case.

Already sent the needed info before coming back here. Poirot is on the case, and I'm forwarding to Holmes now. Looks like you guys are thinking the same things I am. Everything is going JUST fine.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Guyshane on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:23 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Dryunya wrote:I don't think it's that bad. Reading Holmes' post, I wanted to punch Poirot in the face, but having read Poirot's, I've realized that it's the next best thing that could have happened - Poirot believes him, he believes us, and he'll try to meet Holmes in New York. And he also mentioned that he, too, has a benefactor.

Already sent the needed info before coming back here. Poirot is on the case, and I'm forwarding to Holmes now. Looks like you guys are thinking the same things I am. Everything is going JUST fine.

It will be just fine when we get them to work together, unfortunately they aren't yet. and i'm willing to bet it won't be easy
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby RotavatoR on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:27 pm

Maybe we actually don't need them to work together. As long as they're not preventing eachother from doing what they do best, I don't really see a problem.
RotavatoR

Postby Flitterbie on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:29 pm

I'm just saying it now, but I bet that Holmes could find where that video was taken pretty easily. And from there, find Cinderelly.
Flitterbie

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:30 pm

Guyshane wrote:It will be just fine when we get them to work together, unfortunately they aren't yet. and i'm willing to bet it won't be easy

They are willing to work together now. It will be fine. And them meeting over the Cinderella's case would be just as appropriate. Coming to the same conclusion at the same time, and meeting in the same place, looking for the same person. It would only be more tropperific if suddenly ninjas had burst in, and there'd be a Back To Back Badasses scene. :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Guyshane on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:34 pm

Dryunya wrote:
Guyshane wrote:It will be just fine when we get them to work together, unfortunately they aren't yet. and i'm willing to bet it won't be easy

They are willing to work together now. It will be fine. And them meeting over the Cinderella's case would be just as appropriate. Coming to the same conclusion at the same time, and meeting in the same place, looking for the same person. It would only be more tropperific if suddenly ninjas had burst in, and there'd be a Back To Back Badasses scene. :gurt:

Telling you something bad is gonna happen
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby RotavatoR on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:35 pm

This is also another step in the direction of getting each character on the same continent. We might have to get LJS and Gulliver to North-America as well, maybe with that treasure map idea.
RotavatoR

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:43 pm

RotavatoR wrote:This is also another step in the direction of getting each character on the same continent. We might have to get LJS and Gulliver to North-America as well, maybe with that treasure map idea.

I'm thinking we won't necessarily need to force them together. I think the plot will somehow bring them together on their own. And if bringing them together does require some effort on our part, I believe Mr. A or some other entity will let us know. But still, it couldn't hurt to ask Mr. A if that is the intended direction we should take.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:49 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
RotavatoR wrote:This is also another step in the direction of getting each character on the same continent. We might have to get LJS and Gulliver to North-America as well, maybe with that treasure map idea.

I'm thinking we won't necessarily need to force them together. I think the plot will somehow bring them together on their own. And if bringing them together does require some effort on our part, I believe Mr. A or some other entity will let us know. But still, it couldn't hurt to ask Mr. A if that is the intended direction we should take.

Seconded. A great idea.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:12 pm

Ok then, I'll now ask him and take all the credit. :D
Just kidding.
Dryunya

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:27 pm

According to his blog, Sherlock Holmes has arrived in New York.
RotavatoR

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:30 pm

RotavatoR wrote:According to his blog, Sherlock Holmes has arrived in New York.

I saw. New thread time.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Previous

Return to [REFIC'D] Sherlock Holmes