Reunion

"I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go."

[Refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Reunion

Postby Dryunya on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:51 am

Now that both detectives are done with their cases, Holmes has agreed to meet Poirot, and Poirot has stated his conditions, it's fitting to discuss their impending reunion.

I've suggested to both of them to meet at Le Jules Verne restaurant, inside the Eiffel Tower. That would be sooo epic... :gurt: And I've also asked both of them to describe their attire, as per Poirot's conditions.
And now that the therapist has called a "detective from Europe", which is probably one of them, it would be fitting for both of them to return to USA together.
Let's hope for a desired conclusion. :roll:

EDIT: And, BTW, Don Quixote is now reading books about both of them. My guess is that the reunion will eventually become even more grand. :D
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Re: Reunion

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:11 am

Sounds like you have this figured out. Nice work. Perfect place for the meeting, too. (I hope they got plenty of money from their cases... I bet that place is expensive)
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby YankeeWhite on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:17 am

I'm less worried about Le Jules Verne restaurant costs and more concerned about how they're gonna pay for a Trans-Atlantic flight to Boston! :? (IF that happens, seems most likely to me, based on the deleted M&M post.)
Maybe they'll find more 'fans of their work' to foot the cost!
YankeeWhite

Postby Dryunya on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:18 am

Considering that even Don Quixote still doesn't worry about money (and he can, apparently, afford an hotel), I don't think it will be a problem for them. :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:21 am

Dryunya wrote:Considering that even Don Quixote still doesn't worry about money (and he can, apparently, afford an hotel), I don't think it will be a problem for them. :gurt:

Totally. Guess there are some pretty sweet perks that come with being fictional. You only run out of money for some one-off gag in an episode with otherwise no plot, and then the rest of it is you getting money. Hmmm, I should look into this. It sure beats working in a dry cleaner...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:30 pm

On the topic of money, let me imply something. Don Quixote was written in 1605, and common currency back then included gold, silver, and goods. Don most likely had some silver that he had with him, which back then was not much, yet by today's currency standards would be an pretty expensive and luxurious amount of wealth. Note the price of silver that were found in ancient villages. Back then, it had a decent price, but today, the price would have skyrocketed to many times the original amount. So Don would have paid with the little bit of silver and got, say, a fancy room, since the actual price after inflation would have been very high. He may have also gone to the Burger King and paid with the same amount, but since most employees at Burger King are on a rushed schedule and therefore, do not have the time to care about inflation, would have just gave Quixote his food.

You know, just implyin'
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:50 pm

The Finch wrote:On the topic of money, let me imply something. Don Quixote was written in 1605, and common currency back then included gold, silver, and goods. Don most likely had some silver that he had with him, which back then was not much, yet by today's currency standards would be an pretty expensive and luxurious amount of wealth. Note the price of silver that were found in ancient villages. Back then, it had a decent price, but today, the price would have skyrocketed to many times the original amount. So Don would have paid with the little bit of silver and got, say, a fancy room, since the actual price after inflation would have been very high. He may have also gone to the Burger King and paid with the same amount, but since most employees at Burger King are on a rushed schedule and therefore, do not have the time to care about inflation, would have just gave Quixote his food.

You know, just implyin'

No, the money Don is using comes from the time he saved a woman's purse from a robber. If he has his own money, he has yet to use it.

Now... /rerail
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:52 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
The Finch wrote:On the topic of money, let me imply something. Don Quixote was written in 1605, and common currency back then included gold, silver, and goods. Don most likely had some silver that he had with him, which back then was not much, yet by today's currency standards would be an pretty expensive and luxurious amount of wealth. Note the price of silver that were found in ancient villages. Back then, it had a decent price, but today, the price would have skyrocketed to many times the original amount. So Don would have paid with the little bit of silver and got, say, a fancy room, since the actual price after inflation would have been very high. He may have also gone to the Burger King and paid with the same amount, but since most employees at Burger King are on a rushed schedule and therefore, do not have the time to care about inflation, would have just gave Quixote his food.

You know, just implyin'

No, the money Don is using comes from the time he saved a woman's purse from a robber. If he has his own money, he has yet to use it.

Now... /rerail

Well then, never mind. Look at me, thinking aloud at random!
The Finch

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:54 pm

The Finch wrote:Well then, never mind. Look at me, thinking aloud at random!

Well, it's not like your speculation was wrong you just weren't speculating on the right subject. Had you been, that post would have been right on the... money. 8-)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:57 pm

Sicon112 wrote:

Well, it's not like your speculation was wrong you just weren't speculating on the right subject. Had you been, that post would have been right on the... money. 8-)

You forgot your sunglasses... oh wait, there they are...

+1 win
Last edited by The Finch on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Finch

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:02 pm

The Finch wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:

You forgot your sunglasses...

+1 win

What do you mean, I forgot them? I clearly have them right there. 8-) See?

Anyhow, let's just leave this topic for now. Looks like nothing can be done till we get a response, and further discussion will just anger Adell.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:16 pm

JackAlsworth

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:21 pm

Good, we need to tell them both the others description.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:21 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:The responses have come in.

Thanks for the heads up. Comments relayed now. That should be pretty much all the situation requires of us. Now to sit back and see what comes of it.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Guyshane on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:24 pm

This is about to get awesome
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Dryunya on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:54 pm

You know... We've forgotten an important thing.
When are they going to get there, and how are they going to agree on the time if they have no direct contact (I haven't yet seen one of them comment in the other's blog)? Once again, I've screwed up in details. :evil:
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:56 pm

Dryunya wrote:You know... We've forgotten an important thing.
When are they going to get there, and how are they going to agree on the time if they have no direct contact (I haven't yet seen one of them comment in the other's blog)? Once again, I've screwed up in details. :evil:

Erm... I totally forgot about that. Maybe we should work on that...
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:05 am

One last reminder before I go:

I see you on, Dryu, so allow me to return your attention to the fact that the detectives still do not have a time for their meeting.

On a completely unrelated note, it has been annoying me for a while that you called this thread reunion when the two have never actually met before. (<--- Is very pedantic)
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:57 am

Sicon112 wrote:I see you on, Dryu, so allow me to return your attention to the fact that the detectives still do not have a time for their meeting.

I kept thinking somebody would correct my mistake (lazy mode on). :? Oh well. I'll set it to 15:00 local time.
...Aaaand it's already 6 PM in Paris. Looks like we're not going to see it today. :evil:
UPD: There. Tomorrow's the day. (And, for that matter, the timezone magic allows it for me to witness it first. :gurt: )

Sicon112 wrote:it has been annoying me for a while that you called this thread reunion when the two have never actually met before. (<--- Is very pedantic)

We're talking about their reunion, hence it's the reunion thread. I think it's pretty logical.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:45 pm

Dryunya wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:it has been annoying me for a while that you called this thread reunion when the two have never actually met before. (<--- Is very pedantic)

We're talking about their reunion, hence it's the reunion thread. I think it's pretty logical.

But they have not MET before! They cannot have a RE-union, because there must first have been an original meeting! (I know you aren't a normal English speaker, so I'm not trying to insult you. I just was showing you the mistake. I hope I didn't annoy you)
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:56 pm

Oh. I've actually thought about it before, but I thought "union" would be too ambiguous. :? What's done is done.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:58 pm

Dryunya wrote:Oh. I've actually thought about it before, but I thought "union" would be too ambiguous. :? What's done is done.

Yea, union doesn't work either...
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:12 pm

Well, congratulations on a plan well made, Dryu. Now we just kick back and relax till tomorrow and then hope for the best!
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:34 pm

BTW, I've checked up on them, and it turned out that they both made reservations. That could mean that they reserved different tables, or what? Anyway, I've told Poirot that Holmes has already made a reservation, just in case. It would suck if the plan failed miserably because of such a mishap. :D
Dryunya

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:13 am

They are meeting in less than an hour! Everyone stand by! :twisted:
Dryunya

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Sherlock Holmes