Adventures...In America!

"I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go."

[Refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Adventures...In America!

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:04 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Your theory mentions they never found the body, meaning he may not be dead, but is trying to disappear.

Wait a sec, my theory doesn't mention that. I just offhandedly mention the possibility at the beginning of my post! My theory involving Jane says she kills him.

I only said it mentioned they never found the body. This leaves open the possibility he is alive.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby ningyou on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:10 pm

And more quick thoughts:

* What do we know about Sherlock's employer? If the police are trying close the case as a suicide, would the employer keep Sherlock on the case, especially if said employer is the killer?

* What is Rupert's alibi?

* Speaking of alibis, what about the witnesses to Richard's will? Would any of them have a motive? Could one of them have tried to manipulate Rupert, rather than Sherlock's employer?

* What about Richard's wife? I know she's a super-obvious suspect, but might she know something that could shed more light on the case?
ningyou

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:12 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Your theory mentions they never found the body, meaning he may not be dead, but is trying to disappear.

Wait a sec, my theory doesn't mention that. I just offhandedly mention the possibility at the beginning of my post! My theory involving Jane says she kills him.

I only said it mentioned they never found the body. This leaves open the possibility he is alive.

Except that they DID eventually find the body. He said it in the first of the comment talking about Jane. I just asked for DNA test confirmation. We shall see if he responds.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:13 pm

ningyou wrote:And more quick thoughts:

* What do we know about Sherlock's employer? If the police are trying close the case as a suicide, would the employer keep Sherlock on the case, especially if said employer is the killer?

I postulated that the employer wants Sherlock to catch Rupert, because Rupert thwarted his plans by giving Jane unlimited access. If they could prove via Sherlock that Rupert illegally changed the will,t he clause would be edited back in and they might be able to get access again.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby ningyou on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:21 pm

I postulated that the employer wants Sherlock to catch Rupert, because Rupert thwarted his plans by giving Jane unlimited access. If they could prove via Sherlock that Rupert illegally changed the will,t he clause would be edited back in and they might be able to get access again.

Makes sense.

I wonder what Rupert's motive for giving Jane access might have been, though. Wasn't he also somewhat estranged from her?
ningyou

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:30 pm

ningyou wrote:

Makes sense.

I wonder what Rupert's motive for giving Jane access might have been, though. Wasn't he also somewhat estranged from her?

If we believe him, he wants to repair their relationship, and so must care a little. He obviously went to a great deal of trouble to give her an alibi in the whole thing though. As for giving her access, it could be anything from that it was just about all he could do to change one little thing and that was the most effective change to him thinking she would make the best use of the money.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:32 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
ningyou wrote:

Makes sense.

If we believe him, he wants to repair their relationship, and so must care a little. He obviously went to a great deal of trouble to give her an alibi in the whole thing though. As for giving her access, it could be anything from that it was just about all he could do to change one little thing and that was the most effective change to him thinking she would make the best use of the money.

That's a motive right there. They didn't think Richard was usin the money right and so took control of the account and killed him.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dekso on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Seems that Sherlock has been giving an invitation to the event Poirot helped save from the bomb. So the two will get a chance to meet again anyway!

http://londontales.ezblog.twwf.info/?p=119

He also has yet to do finish the Richard case yet, which I assume will be done by his next post.
Dekso

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:37 pm

Dekso wrote:Seems that Sherlock has been giving an invitation to the event Poirot helped save from the bomb. So the two will get a chance to meet again anyway!

http://londontales.ezblog.twwf.info/?p=119

He also has yet to do finish the Richard case yet, which I assume will be done by his next post.

Examination beginning. Check for info from Poirot's blog. Bringing up Google Maps.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:40 pm

A cursory examination on Google brings up Truman Capote's Black and White Ball, which Sinatra and Farrow attended. It took place at the Plaza Hotel.
JackAlsworth

Postby Dekso on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:42 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:A cursory examination on Google brings up Truman Capote's Black and White Ball, which Sinatra and Farrow attended. It took place at the Plaza Hotel.

That's what I came up with as well. I also found that a famous children's character called 'Eloise' lived there, so it seems to fit with the note as well.
Dekso

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:44 pm

It faces the Grand Army Plaza, which is in Central Park, its architectural style is "Late 19th and 20th Century Revivals", according to Wikipedia... I think we have a winner.
JackAlsworth

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:46 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:It faces the Grand Army Plaza, which is in Central Park, its architectural style is "Late 19th and 20th Century Revivals", according to Wikipedia... I think we have a winner.

Gah, I was ninja'd. I found it, but Poirot's blog mentioned he was staying in Greenwich Village, so I had to do a sweep of that area via Google just in case there was a possible target there. As expected, there was not. Looks like you guys are right.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Tyltalis on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:49 pm

So who will tell him about what was found?(please pardon my ignorance)
Tyltalis

Postby Victin on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:03 pm

This place in intereting for the LAYAR-users. Do we know anyone in the area?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Dekso on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Tyltalis wrote:So who will tell him about what was found?(please pardon my ignorance)

I assume Jack will since he found it first.
I'm still talking to Sherlock on his previous post about the case.
Edit: Oh. Someone posted it on there already. :/
Last edited by Dekso on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dekso

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:12 pm

Greetings, Mr. Holmes! I'm been following your blog for some time now, and have become quite interested in your endeavours. When you posted the partial letter you received, my curiosity was piqued, and I immediately set about to discover the location indicated by the note.

If my research is correct, it refers to the Plaza Hotel in fair New York City. It is there that I believe this event will take place.

This is the comment I intend to post. Should I mention that Poirot's probably going to be there, or should we surprise him?
JackAlsworth

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:13 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:
Greetings, Mr. Holmes! I'm been following your blog for some time now, and have become quite interested in your endeavours. When you posted the partial letter you received, my curiosity was piqued, and I immediately set about to discover the location indicated by the note.

If my research is correct, it refers to the Plaza Hotel in fair New York City. It is there that I believe this event will take place.

This is the comment I intend to post. Should I mention that Poirot's probably going to be there, or should we surprise him?

Surprise. Go for it. Looks perfect.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:13 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:

You should, like, probably explain why you think it's the hotel.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:20 pm

Adell wrote:
JackAlsworth wrote:

If my research is correct, it refers to the Plaza Hotel in fair New York City. This hotel overlooks Central Park, and was host to the famous Truman Capote's Black and White Ball in 1966, which was attended by both Frank Sinatra and Mia Farrow. In addition, its architectural style is that of the late 19th and 20th century Revivals.It is there that I believe this event will take place.

You should, like, probably explain why you think it's the hotel.

Does that look better?
JackAlsworth

Postby Dekso on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:23 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:

If my research is correct, it refers to the Plaza Hotel in fair New York City. This hotel overlooks Central Park, and was host to the famous Truman Capote's Black and White Ball in 1966, which was attended by both Frank Sinatra and Mia Farrow. In addition, its architectural style is that of the late 19th and 20th century Revivals.It is there that I believe this event will take place.

Does that look better?

Sounds fine, that's enough of a justification for why it is there.
Dekso

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:24 pm

Alright, posted.

Aw damn, someone named "Ruth" beat me to it. That's what comes of dithering about!
JackAlsworth

Postby Dekso on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:28 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:Alright, posted.

Aw damn, someone named "Ruth" beat me to it. That's what comes of dithering about!

Oh well at least you explained it, someone like Holmes would perfer there being an actual reason for the answer.
Dekso

Postby Zup on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:32 pm

Someone already posted, lol!
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:56 pm

Zup wrote:Someone already posted, lol!

Darn it, pipped to the post. Ah well, at least this one was easier than the others! :lol:

Sounds like quite the shindig, too :) I hope he has a fancy suit and a mask at hand.

This masqurade thing was visualsied in the comic, wasn't it?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Sherlock Holmes