Latest news

"I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go."

[Refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Latest news

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Holmes has posted with a rather large update:

• He met Poirot, they got on well this time.
• They realised someone was keeping them apart.
• They decided to work together on Poirot's new case.
• This case is Sweeny Todd.
• Holmes' benefactor forbade him from leaving New York and Poirot left without him.
• He just found Cinderella.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Re: Latest news

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:32 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Holmes has posted with a rather large update:

• Holmes' benefactor forbade him from leaving New York and Poirot left without him.

Of course, the big info dump happens right before I go to class. Not right.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:37 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Holmes has posted with a rather large update:

Of course, the big info dump happens right before I go to class. Not right.

Holy... I'm not sure I'm up to handle this much information right now... It's already getting late here, and I need to get up at 5AM tomorrow... Oh well... At least Cinderella is found.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:44 pm

I left a comment (awaiting mod cause of the links) that link to Poirot's blog, with the intention that they can still have open communications with one another this way.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:45 pm

Adell wrote:I left a comment (awaiting mod cause of the links) that link to Poirot's blog, with the intention that they can still have open communications with one another this way.

I think sending Poirot a message on his website explaining why Holmes' didn't go with him is a good idea.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Zup on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:01 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Adell wrote:I left a comment (awaiting mod cause of the links) that link to Poirot's blog, with the intention that they can still have open communications with one another this way.

I think sending Poirot a message on his website explaining why Holmes' didn't go with him is a good idea.

Instead of being go-betweeners (which hasn't seemed to be working) why don't we just link them to each other? Holmes has a good enough explanation for his inability to meet up, no need for us to be messengers all the time!
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:03 pm

Zup wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:

Instead of being go-betweeners (which hasn't seemed to be working) why don't we just link them to each other? Holmes has a good enough explanation for his inability to meet up, no need for us to be messengers all the time!

...that's what I did. <.< It's just awaiting moderation
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Zup on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:06 pm

Adell wrote:

Hahah, good! I just saw our many posts between Romeo and Juliet, apologizing for the other and trying to control the situation -- never a good thing in real life, and it didn't pan out there either. :D
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:08 pm

Zup wrote:
Adell wrote:

Hahah, good! I just saw our many posts between Romeo and Juliet, apologizing for the other and trying to control the situation -- never a good thing in real life, and it didn't pan out there either. :D

Well in that case, however, Romeo had blocked Juliet so it was impossible for her to communicate with him. Thankfully Hercule and Holmes have gotten over THEIR lovers-squabble.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Zup on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:28 pm

Adell wrote:
Zup wrote:
Adell wrote:

Well in that case, however, Romeo had blocked Juliet so it was impossible for her to communicate with him. Thankfully Hercule and Holmes have gotten over THEIR lovers-squabble.

Hahaha, there couldn't be more ho yay there if Poirot was secretly Watson. ;)
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:35 pm

Zup wrote:Hahaha, there couldn't be more ho yay there if Poirot was secretly Watson. ;)

Oh lord, let's not get started on THAT WMG
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:50 pm

Hey, thanks to Holmes' latest update, we now know why the comic had a picture of Poirot in a mask.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:29 pm

Already saw this coming and posted about it when the bloody guy arrived in the city, but he ignored me, so I reposted the information.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby JRPictures on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:05 am

Wow that's alot to take in.

So much progress. I'm loving this.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:26 am

One Degree Of Separation... I think they all will be gathered together after all.

Who I do wonder about, though, are their benefactors (or benefactor). There is too little information even to ask a question - so I'd go for the generic set: who are they, why are they helping them and why sometimes they don't.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby YankeeWhite on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:46 am

I asked Mr. A about the possibility of Echoes around Madison Square Park since Holmes, Poirot AND Cinderella were in the area. But there are LOTS of Starbucks and jewelry stores in the area. Too many to go down there with out a more specific Starbucks location.
YankeeWhite

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:57 am

YankeeWhite wrote:I asked Mr. A about the possibility of Echoes around Madison Square Park since Holmes, Poirot AND Cinderella were in the area. But there are LOTS of Starbucks and jewelry stores in the area. Too many to go down there with out a more specific Starbucks location.

Apparently the app works within two miles of the echoes.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:24 am

Repost from different section:

Sicon112 wrote:Maybe they are hinting that we should have e-mailed Holmes to find Cinderella... Someone want to try that?

NeverSlender wrote:I think we should try to confirm who Holmes' benefactor is first.

We should indeed so that, but I suspect we will be OK regardless of the order we do the things in. I believe we should probably get on sending him the message now so that he can get to work, but let's bring this to the Holmes discussion and discus it there.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:28 am

Doen't that post contradict the part about parts of their stories leaking through as well? If that's true, why didn't Cinderella's gown disappear?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:32 am

NeverSlender wrote:Doen't that post contradict the part about parts of their stories leaking through as well? If that's true, why didn't Cinderella's gown disappear?

I can think of multiple reasons. For instance, the magic is connected to the world she came from. It takes the form of a two part spell. The first part actually creates the items, and they are actual, real items with physical makeup and everything. The second part then reverses the first part at midnight, but when Cinderella left her world, that spell was disconnected from her, either because the caster is in the world Cindy left, or because it just doesn't recognize midnight in this world as "midnight". That is just one of many possible explanations.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:32 am

NeverSlender wrote:Doen't that post contradict the part about parts of their stories leaking through as well? If that's true, why didn't Cinderella's gown disappear?

Based on our interactions with the witch, all magic is nulled out here. So if her dress was due to magically revert to rags, it can no longer do that due to the lack of magic. Also, enough time has passed. She could've acquired a new dress.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:33 am

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:

Based on our interactions with the witch, all magic is nulled out here. So if her dress was due to magically revert to rags, it can no longer do that due to the lack of magic. Also, enough time has passed. She could've acquired a new dress.

Ninja'd. ^_^
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:07 am

I've e-mailed Holmes. I linked him to Joe's video featuring Cinderella. I told him the whole story as to what we are doing and that we really need his help getting a confirmation on Cinderella's description. Hopefully, he'll reply.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:10 am

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:I've e-mailed Holmes. I linked him to Joe's video featuring Cinderella. I told him the whole story as to what we are doing and that we really need his help getting a confirmation on Cinderella's description. Hopefully, he'll reply.

Alright. I already gave him that info TWICE in the comments, so hopefully this time he pays attention.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:17 am

Sicon112 wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:I've e-mailed Holmes. I linked him to Joe's video featuring Cinderella. I told him the whole story as to what we are doing and that we really need his help getting a confirmation on Cinderella's description. Hopefully, he'll reply.

Alright. I already gave him that info TWICE in the comments, so hopefully this time he pays attention.

It may just be an example of railroading.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Sherlock Holmes