Latest news

"I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go."

[Refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Latest news

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:43 pm

If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:36 am

Just commented on his last post with the info that we have the data to send him back. To begin with, I left most of the choices in his hands. Let's see how he responds.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Terrac1 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:28 am

Sicon112 wrote:Just commented on his last post with the info that we have the data to send him back. To begin with, I left most of the choices in his hands. Let's see how he responds.

hdetectiveservice wrote:Sicon, I wish only to be where I belong.

But where I belong right now is here, solving this mystery for the good of Mr. and Mrs. Vincent. I assure you; the minute I have used up my usefulness in this time I will return and leave the rest to you.

Holmes

Translation: We still need him

(Sorry about posting this Sicon I figured the faster everyone sees it the better)
The demons are Pink, Yellow and Rainbow. No matter where I go they are always there.

Congratulations everyone!
Terrac1

Postby Scarab on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:42 am

Terrac1 wrote:Translation: We still need him

(Sorry about posting this Sicon I figured the faster everyone sees it the better)

Yeah I figured that would be how it went down. Plot wise Holmes assistance is still incredibly helpful. We can use having him around for a while longer :)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:39 am

Holmes has met with Poirot

This has already been mentioned on the Poirot thread, but Holmes and Poirot met up yesterday by chance. They think their cases are connected, but ultimately decided to go their separate ways.

Onto Holmes' case, it turns out that the missing restoration artist was restoring paintings of Don Juan. In addition, Holmes has found a staple gun in the gift shop, and found it to be of interest. The staple gun has the name of Melissa Glaser, and the address of Austin, TX.

I really hope nothing happens in Austin. I'm pretty much the only player in Texas at the moment, but Austin's a bit out of my reach. I'm not really in a good point in my life to be able to do that kind of travel, nor do I know anyone in Austin that I can reach out to. Oh well. We'll just see what happens.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:00 am

So there's the Don Juan painting, and over in the Poirot thread, Qara pointed out that the song that was played is from the Phantom's show-within-a-show about Don Juan. So that's two Don Juan connections so far. He'll almost definitely be involved in this.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:09 am

I googled Melissa Glaser. Apparently that's the name of a character in some vampire book series that was also turned into a television show. I don't know if that's relevant. Maybe it implies that this is a fake name, or else the puppetmasters are obsessed with vampire books.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby The Finch on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:16 am

The Secret Circle...

A secret circle is something like a group of members, sorta like the Knights of the Round Table, or the Kabal...

Maybe this show may help with our case?
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Erik M Walton on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:26 pm

First one to make "The flash" Canon by Mr.A, Gets a cookie. :idea: :arrow: :?:
FREEDOM FOR FICTION - Whats not to like Signed - Saxton Hale
Erik M Walton

Postby The Finch on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:26 pm

Erik M Walton wrote:First one to make "The flash" Canon by Mr.A, Gets a cookie. :idea: :arrow: :?:

FLASH!

AH-AH!

SAVIOR OF THE UNIVERSE!
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Adell on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:59 pm

:p stay on topic, Gordon.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:32 pm

Well, damn. Holmes isn't convinced, and wants more compelling evidence of Don Juan's relevance that what I was able to give him.
(At least Poirot took me seriously.)
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:38 pm

That's it! Tell Holmes of Poirot's Don Juan reference as well!
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:That's it! Tell Holmes of Poirot's Don Juan reference as well!

Read my original comment. I DID that.
...Quixote's right; Holmes is a kangaroohole.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:21 pm

I think he said donkeyhole. But I could be wrong. Also, sorry for just reading Holmes's post.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:29 pm

Our latest theory: Holmes is sexist.
Scarab and I have each given him useful information, which he accepted happily before letting slip that he thought we were male.
When we corrected the assumption, he never responded; and now he throws aside my suggestion, despite the fact that I've given him good advice/information before.
Why? Because now he knows I'm a lady.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:34 pm

Have you read the books? Because if you have, then you realize that that's no theory, that's fact.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:35 pm

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:Have you read the books? Because if you have, then you realize that that's no theory, that's fact.

You'd think he'd have learned something from Adler...

MR HOLMES! I AM IRENE ADLER. STILL THINK YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR MY HINTS???
[/crazy]

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:43 pm

Yes, and he'd also think you're crazy. Probably. Actually, give it a go. I want to see where this goes.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby S_o_S on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:09 pm

I left him a comment, accusing him of sexism. Let's see what happens.

Either way, I just chewed out Sherlock Holmes. This is simultaneously the most surreal and awesome moment of my life.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:47 pm

GUYS! BIG NEWS!

...I mean, most of it is confirming what we already theorized from Gulliver's blog, but STILL.

It's a good sign. Lots of good signs. Raikes is a good guy (OR SO HE SEEMS), Holmes and Poirot are officially not suspected of murder, and we may have enough information soon to seriously inconvenience Moriarty! YAY!!!!!

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:56 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:GUYS! BIG NEWS!

...I mean, most of it is confirming what we already theorized from Gulliver's blog, but STILL.

It's a good sign. Lots of good signs. Raikes is a good guy (OR SO HE SEEMS), Holmes and Poirot are officially not suspected of murder, and we may have enough information soon to seriously inconvenience Moriarty! YAY!!!!!

The Cabal claim to be in favour of peaceful coexistence. I don't think the rest of the group will take this well, assuming that they are telling the truth. If they don't care, well... :twisted:
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:56 pm

So we were right about him murdering Les! How do the Cabal expect us to trust them over Mr.A when they're the ones committing murders? Honestly it doesn't surprise me though. Hopefully we can go on the offensive with this and get the authorities after Mort; give him some pay back for Holmes.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:16 pm

Adell wrote:

So we were right about him murdering Les! How do the Cabal expect us to trust them over Mr.A when they're the ones committing murders? Honestly it doesn't surprise me though. Hopefully we can go on the offensive with this and get the authorities after Mort; give him some pay back for Holmes.

I'm worried that if Moriarty's in custody, it might be harder to refictionalize him. Then again, we can't refic him yet and every moment he's out there he poses danger to more people, so I guess arresting him would be the better alternative.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Adell on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:17 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:
Adell wrote:

I'm worried that if Moriarty's in custody, it might be harder to refictionalize him. Then again, we can't refic him yet and every moment he's out there he poses danger to more people, so I guess arresting him would be the better alternative.

He might choose being refictionalized over jail. It may help us.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Sherlock Holmes