Latest news

"I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go."

[Refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Latest news

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:18 pm

Adell wrote:He might choose being refictionalized over jail. It may help us.

Good point.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Dryunya on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:22 pm

So I guess we should leave it to Holmes. For meta reasons, we can't really emprison Moriarty. (Because, you know, he doesn't exist.)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby H22 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:35 am

Try telling Pan's prosecutor that...
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby Dryunya on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:50 am

Actually, I meant it in the meta-sense. We can't go to the police and tell them to arrest an ARG character, right? So we need to delegate it to someone who is a character, too. I think it would be appropriate if it would be Holmes.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:21 pm

Well, Holmes has solved the Verhaeren case.
And the murderer was... Moriarty! (surprise, surprise, I know)

This is good. This is really good. The Cabal can't close their eyes to this much longer. They're going to have to recognize that one of their number is a killer in this world as well as their own.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:33 pm

I am soooooooooooooo tempted to let Holmes know I solved this case ages ago, and even told him the solution. Unfortunately, that would make things annoying, so I'll let it go.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:36 am

Oh, by the way (cross-posted from the Poirot forum), Poirot's moving to Holmes' blog. Not sure if that means we should merge the sections or anything, but, well, in case anyone's checking in on Thanksgiving-- thought you ought to know.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:22 am

So they found Jack Vincent.

Stockholm Syndrome and all that... and now they know Juan's whereabouts.

Holmes wants input on whether he should use that against Juan right away (sounds like he's entertaining the notion of refic'ing him himself!), or offer Juan an out if he sends Vincent home, gives the painting back, and tells Holmes the rest of the Cabal's locations.

...He wants 'swift' advice, but I think this bears some consideration before saying something rash.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby JRPictures on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:31 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:So they found Jack Vincent.

Stockholm Syndrome and all that... and now they know Juan's whereabouts.

Holmes wants input on whether he should use that against Juan right away (sounds like he's entertaining the notion of refic'ing him himself!), or offer Juan an out if he sends Vincent home, gives the painting back, and tells Holmes the rest of the Cabal's locations.

...He wants 'swift' advice, but I think this bears some consideration before saying something rash.

Yep this might take a bit. I put in a comment on the blog telling him about how the situation is.

Perhaps we could take the option of finding the Cabal, provided that we can predict where or when there's the possibility of a trap or backstab.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:52 am

Okay, I commented with my advice.

Even though I explained my reasoning there, I'm going to say this again right now to save time before people get mad.

I normally would NOT be advocating for Holmes to manipulate and lie.
However, Juan crossed a line. I recognize that others can choose to see it in a different way, but as far as I'm concerned, abduction is right up there with murder. It's Personal now. And as far as I'm concerned, anyone who murders or abducts has lost all rights, and a promise to that person is totally meaningless anyway.

So yes, I suggested that Holmes Take A Third Option.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:21 am

I've posted myself. I'm up to something as usual, so if you want info on that, just drop me a private message in the chat and I'll try and respond tomorrow. If you aren't interested, just go ahead and tell Holmes whatever you feel is best.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:08 am

Sicon112 wrote:I've posted myself. I'm up to something as usual, so if you want info on that, just drop me a private message in the chat and I'll try and respond tomorrow. If you aren't interested, just go ahead and tell Holmes whatever you feel is best.

Haven't we discussed the whole secret plans, thing? I'm all up for people having individual experiments of their own that it's really not worth noting until after it's over, but we're kind of pushing close to the whole being-secretive thing again...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:45 am

Scarab, though I haven't asked him for this plan yet, I agree with Sicon. Holmes is asking for advice on how to deal with the Cabal, and we KNOW they'll be reading both the forum and Holmes' blog. This is one of the rare occasions where the secret plans are JUSTIFIED.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:19 am

I think we should push to find the Echo in Texas. Since Poirot has no Echoes left, that one is probably related to Don Juan, and if we find it, we might have the option of refictionalizing Don Juan when Holmes confronts him. If we can't find it, that choice is unavailable.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 am

Scarab wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:I've posted myself. I'm up to something as usual, so if you want info on that, just drop me a private message in the chat and I'll try and respond tomorrow. If you aren't interested, just go ahead and tell Holmes whatever you feel is best.

Haven't we discussed the whole secret plans, thing? I'm all up for people having individual experiments of their own that it's really not worth noting until after it's over, but we're kind of pushing close to the whole being-secretive thing again...

What I'm doing can hardly be really called planning. I'm just considering a few options without putting anything into motion. Since I'm not doing anything, there is no point to talking about it for now, so I just let people know I was thinking of some moves and that I would tell them if it came up. Otherwise, I just said they should go and tell Holmes to do what they believed was best and not worry about suggesting plots to him. I'm being pretty straightforward about this, actually.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:01 am

So, I've just posted a comment to Holmes' blog. Eli brought up the fact that we still only have suspicions about Moriarty's guilt, and I thought we really should get to work on figuring out what really happened. So, who better to ask for suggestions than the most famous detective of all time? ;)

I wonder what he will say. In the meantime, perhaps we should brainstorm about this subject ourselves.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby H22 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:57 am

I've been saying this for ages. Eg Nov 18:
'Morgan would just laugh in our faces'.

We need proof, and this is one way to get it.
H22

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:09 pm

I left a comment as per A's suggestion, asking them what they have left to do before refictionalization, and soliciting refic requests from them.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:35 pm

I know Holmes didn't show any signs of activity, but I think I should inform him about Don Juan's echo, with everything that comes with it.
Dryunya

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:59 pm

Hm. So now Holmes and Poirot have Don Juan captive. We could write his refic, send it to them, and have them read it to him.

But if they release him, he'll tell them where the remaining Echoes are that would let us refic the other Cabal members.

Assuming that we are going to refic the Cabal, we need to find those other Echoes. But would we be able to track down Don Juan again if he's released?
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:17 pm

Because I saw no one else post the link, New Poirot update

Now the question we must ask ourselves is, do we believe that we can locate the Cabal's echoes without Juan's assistance, or do we absolutely need his cooperation? I really want to just to refic this guy while we have him in our clutches. But that could potentially cut off our only chance of finding the other echoes. I don't really believe that to be the case, but it's a possibility.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Dryunya on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:31 pm

I'll say it again: I'm pretty sure he'd try to lure them into a trap or something. My reasoning is simple: he had enough interactions with Morgana, who had enough interactions with us to know that we WILL write their refics. At least, some of us will. And, well, I mentioned that I'm writing his refic right now. :D So he knows that he won't benefit from the deal. Unless he's pathetic and stupid. I'll ask more literate fellows: is Don Juan pathetic and stupid?
Dryunya

Postby H22 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:42 pm

Dryunya wrote:I'll say it again: I'm pretty sure he'd try to lure them into a trap or something. My reasoning is simple: he had enough interactions with Morgana, who had enough interactions with us to know that we WILL write their refics. At least, some of us will. And, well, I mentioned that I'm writing his refic right now. :D So he knows that he won't benefit from the deal. Unless he's pathetic and stupid. I'll ask more literate fellows: is Don Juan pathetic and stupid?

Byron wasn't that fond of pathetic and stupid heroes, so I should have thought he wasn't. He is not stupid, as I recall.
H22

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Dryunya wrote:I'll say it again: I'm pretty sure he'd try to lure them into a trap or something. My reasoning is simple: he had enough interactions with Morgana, who had enough interactions with us to know that we WILL write their refics. At least, some of us will. And, well, I mentioned that I'm writing his refic right now. :D So he knows that he won't benefit from the deal. Unless he's pathetic and stupid. I'll ask more literate fellows: is Don Juan pathetic and stupid?

You seem to be forgetting that in order to send them back, we need a refic AND a delivery system. Morgan's already admitted that once the time comes, she will be doing everything in her power to remove any form of delivery system toward her. Don's trying to do the same thing. If he can convince Holmes and Poirot to let him free, it doesn't matter how many refics we write for him. If we can't find him, then we can't deliver the story, and if he can stay hidden until the 21st, he wins.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Dryunya on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:17 pm

...I didn't think of that. :?
I'll go inquire Mr. A. for his ways of sending the refics. He hinted that he has his ways.
Dryunya

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Sherlock Holmes