Latest news

"I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go."

[Refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Latest news

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:19 am

Zup wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:I've e-mailed Holmes. I linked him to Joe's video featuring Cinderella. I told him the whole story as to what we are doing and that we really need his help getting a confirmation on Cinderella's description. Hopefully, he'll reply.


Alright. I already gave him that info TWICE in the comments, so hopefully this time he pays attention.


It may just be an example of railroading.


Not really. An ARG isn't an RPG, the plot is all already done. If we try to force something, it's unlikely to happen if it's not supposed to yet.

EDIT: Although some form of justification instead of just ignoring it would be nice.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Latest news

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:34 am

Never mind. I'm experiencing technical difficulties. I thought I had sent the e-mail, but now I received an e-mail that my e-mail had failed to be sent. That's the second time I tried, and with the same results.

Is it just me, or is there something wrong with the e-mail address he's linked us?
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Latest news

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:36 am

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Never mind. I'm experiencing technical difficulties. I thought I had sent the e-mail, but now I received an e-mail that my e-mail had failed to be sent. That's the second time I tried, and with the same results.

Is it just me, or is there something wrong with the e-mail address he's linked us?


Try making an account with the address to make sure it's real.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Latest news

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:38 am

NeverSlender wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Never mind. I'm experiencing technical difficulties. I thought I had sent the e-mail, but now I received an e-mail that my e-mail had failed to be sent. That's the second time I tried, and with the same results.

Is it just me, or is there something wrong with the e-mail address he's linked us?


Try making an account with the address to make sure it's real.


If they intend to make it later so we can actually use it, that may be a problem...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Latest news

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:40 am

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<sh@holmesinvestigation.net>:
No MX or A records for holmesinvestigation.net
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Latest news

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:41 am

Maybe, but you could probably just check if the address is available, without actually using it.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Latest news

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:45 am

NeverSlender wrote:Maybe, but you could probably just check if the address is available, without actually using it.


I have no idea what you mean.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Latest news

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:48 am

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Maybe, but you could probably just check if the address is available, without actually using it.


I have no idea what you mean.


Let someone else do it then.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Latest news

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:50 am

The website is holmesinvestigations.net. The email is holmesinvestigation.net.

All for the want of an "s"
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
User avatar
Zup
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: Latest news

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:53 am

NeverSlender wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Maybe, but you could probably just check if the address is available, without actually using it.


I have no idea what you mean.


Let someone else do it then.


Be my guest.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Latest news

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:59 am

SH@holmesinvestigation.net is not a registered email address.

SH@holmesinvestigations.net is.

They put the wrong address on the site.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Latest news

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:00 pm

NeverSlender wrote:SH@holmesinvestigation.net is not a registered email address.

SH@holmesinvestigations.net is.

They put the wrong address on the site.


You would think the greatest detective of all time would notice a detail like that, no?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Latest news

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:SH@holmesinvestigation.net is not a registered email address.

SH@holmesinvestigations.net is.

They put the wrong address on the site.


You would think the greatest detective of all time would notice a detail like that, no?


Well you'd think someone would.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Latest news

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:04 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:SH@holmesinvestigation.net is not a registered email address.

SH@holmesinvestigations.net is.

They put the wrong address on the site.


You would think the greatest detective of all time would notice a detail like that, no?


Well you'd think someone would.


Wonder if they will try to justify it by saying it was a test of his clients' deductive skills or something...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Latest news

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:15 pm

Alright, I sent the e-mail to the correct address.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Latest news

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:41 pm

If anyone's interested, Holmes' email was regidtered in Mooresville, North Carolina.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Latest news

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:54 pm

NeverSlender wrote:If anyone's interested, Holmes' email was regidtered in Mooresville, North Carolina.


Probably the puppetmaster's location. Probably safe to ignore.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Latest news

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:59 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:If anyone's interested, Holmes' email was regidtered in Mooresville, North Carolina.


Probably the puppetmaster's location. Probably safe to ignore.


Mosy likely, but it could be the location of Holmes' benefactor.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Latest news

Postby Wysp on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:54 pm

I think we should steer Holmes toward the well-dressed lass he's been seeing around.
Wysp
 
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:37 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Latest news

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:57 pm

Wysp wrote:I think we should steer Holmes toward the well-dressed lass he's been seeing around.


You mean Cinderella? Already done. E-mailed him about it this morning.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Latest news

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:58 pm

Wysp wrote:I think we should steer Holmes toward the well-dressed lass he's been seeing around.


I've already got things moving on that Wysp. No need to worry. I've mentioned her identity and given him all the info we have on her twice, and when he didn't respond we decided to have Wacky e-mail him the info as a case offer.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Latest news

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:01 pm

In case you were all wondering, here's the e-mail I sent him:

Good day sir. I have been a passive observer of your blog for some time. But now, I am in need of your help. Or to put it more accurately, we are in need of your help.

Perhaps you are aware of the group of people who make up the majority of your commenting viewers of your blog, who have shown interest in you due to your perceived fictional nature in this universe. And perhaps you are also aware that we have been tracking the movements of other fictionals in this world, including your old pal, Hercule Poirot.

We are a group known as the MetaGuards. It all started with a man named Average Joe who noticed several odd occurrences happening all across the world. We came to the conclusion that characters from many fictional universes, or what he had assumed to be fictional universes, were now arriving in this world. Working together, we've located your blog as well as Poirot's. We've located other characters, such as the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland, Don Quixote, Long John Silver, Gulliver, Romeo, Juliet, The Wicked Witch of the West, and Sweeney Todd (Which Poirot is currently going to investigate). We know there are others, but we lack the means to locate them.

This is where you come in.

Joe has recieved a video of a woman who appears to resemble Cinderella materializing in a subway station in New York. The video can be seen at this link, and is seen at the very end of the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9XZ6lOIeJw&feature=plcp. We know she is in New York, for the sender of the video, Sarah, had mentioned it to Joe. While you are in New York, we would appreciate it if you could somehow find her so that we may confirm her location and make sure that she is safe. We would also love to have someway to maintain contact with her. We would be very grateful if you can help us.

Based on your recent blog postings, we have reason to believe that you may have bumped into this woman twice already. First at the ball, and later at the coffee shop. You may not be a man who believes in fate, but perhaps you were meant to find this girl.

Sincerely,
WackyMPractical

If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Latest news

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:04 pm

Hey, that looks perfect. Great job. Couldn't have done it better myself.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Latest news

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:16 pm

Yeah, great job.

I do hope he can find her, I am rather worried about Cinderella right now...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Latest news

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:19 pm

Scarab wrote:Yeah, great job.

I do hope he can find her, I am rather worried about Cinderella right now...


Why? Now we where she is and that she's unharmed.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Sherlock Holmes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron