Hefner and his blog

"I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go."

[Refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Hefner and his blog

Postby Adell on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:02 pm

In this thread we'll discuss this blog http://londontales.ezblog.twwf.info/ and its relations to Piorot.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Re: Hefner and his blog

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:02 pm

Does Hefner remind anyone else of Sherlock Holmes?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Adell on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:08 pm

The most important posts are his final two, which involve the murder of Verhaeren, the political man that Poirot hated so much. It seems around the time of their meeting together, Verhaeren was killed and his body burned, which explains why Poirot never met him in his blog post.

However, Hefner seems to believe Poriot may be the killer himself, having a pretty strong motive of hating the guys guts and admitting to having a powerful rage against him (to me no less!) However, it seems too convenient. The poster that advertised Verharen's event was left on Poirots door step, intentionally getting his attention so the two would meet. It all seems like a set up to make him look like the murderer...but maybe I just don't want him to be the killer.
Last edited by Adell on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:10 pm

Moved.
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:14 pm

Theory: Arthur Moore is Moriarty. He's playing Poirot and Holmes against each other.

EDIT: As evidence, Moore is supposedly a maths professor.
Last edited by NeverSlender on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Adell on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:14 pm

Just had an idea, what if Okogwu's professor Arthur Moore is the one setting up Hefner and Poirot. He seems to be related to both cases, and seems to push both in the direction that the other has committed a murder.

Edit: I agree with the above post!

Here's what I think our plan of action should be. I'll talk to Poirot and try to explain our suspicion of Arthur Moore, while someone else talks to Hefner as well. We need them both to meet under good circumstances so they don't accidentally attack each other!
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:18 pm

It all seems like a set up to make him look like the murderer...but maybe I just don't want him to be the killer.

If he IS the killer then hes a rather good actor. Not that he'd be the first killer to be.

This Hefner guy does seem to behave as if he was dragged out of another time and place.

Just had an idea, what if Okogwu's professor Arthur Moore is the one setting up Hefner and Poirot. He seems to be related to both cases, and seems to push both in the direction that the other has committed a murder.

Heck, Poirot and who MAY or may not be Sherlock Holmes investigating each other... sort of blows my brain.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:18 pm

Theory 2: This is less likely but I think it's possible. Moore/Moriarty sent the coded letter to Joe, trying to turn him against Holmes as he says he's dangerous.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:20 pm

James seems like an interesting fellow as well. He helped set up both these blogs, so it's a fair assumption that he's friends with both detectives. Maybe he's someone like Joe, who's noticed the fictional characters seeping into our world?
JackAlsworth

Postby Adell on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:21 pm

As I said, I'll talk to Poirot as he's the most responsive with me, I'll leave Hefner to you guys. Remember talk 'in character'.' show some interest in the case and your suspicions about Arthur Moore, DON'T MENTION THE ARG/FICTIONAL WORLD. I would avoid linking their blogs immediately, but if we can get a conversation going than it may not be a bad idea.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:25 pm

Summarising my theories:

Hugh Hefner is Shelock Holmes.

Arthur Moore is Moriarty (maths connection)

Moriarty sent the dancing men
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby FeetontheCeiling on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:25 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Theory: Arthur Moore is Moriarty. He's playing Poirot and Holmes against each other.

EDIT: As evidence, Moore is supposedly a maths professor.

That, and the comment leading Hefner to Les was left by a "jmartysknight2e4" >__>
FeetontheCeiling

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:27 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Summarising my theories:

If this is true, then the first Full Piece Of Fiction to escape from the Wall is Sherlock Holmes.

I DON'T KNOW, I'M JUST GUESSING
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:29 pm

The Finch wrote:

If this is true, then the first Full Piece Of Fiction to escape from the Wall is Sherlock Holmes.

Also, it's more specific characters. The ones from before have been mostly generic characters.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:31 pm

Question: is it the SAME canon's Moriarty and Holmes? Holmes has been remade countless times at this point: there's a lot of potential Moriarty's out there.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:33 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
The Finch wrote:

Also, it's more specific characters. The ones from before have been mostly generic characters.

And Both Characters have the Letters for the Names.

Hefner=H=Holmes

Moore=M=Moriarty

:)
The Finch

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Moriarty (i'm convinced now, so i'm just gonna refer to him as that) seems to know that Reynald is Poirot and Hefner is Holmes. He also sees them as a threat.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Adell on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:40 pm

http://belgianamongtheenglish.wordpress ... /#comments

Alright, I've started up my dialogue with Poirot. I need to be careful how I go about this though. Any suggestions?
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:42 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Moriarty (i'm convinced now, so i'm just gonna refer to him as that) seems to know that Reynald is Poirot and Hefner is Holmes. He also sees them as a threat.

:shock: :idea:
Just like Moriarty was afraid of Poirot and Holmes in the original books! I think Moriarty used some black magic, since that did happen in the Sherlock Holmes Novels from time to time, and, with another character, broke the 4th Wall, trying to lose Holmes from his trail!
:D :geek:
The Finch

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:44 pm

Hmmm... This will be hard. He thinks very highly of Moriarty and suspects Holmes of being a killer. Not to mention Holmes thinks Poirot is a killer.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:45 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Hmmm... This will be hard. He thinks very highly of Moriarty and suspects Holmes of being a killer. Not to mention Holmes thinks Poirot is a killer.

Moriarty would do ANYTHING to get rid of Holmes. ANYTHING.
The Finch

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:47 pm

The Finch wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Moriarty (i'm convinced now, so i'm just gonna refer to him as that) seems to know that Reynald is Poirot and Hefner is Holmes. He also sees them as a threat.

:shock: :idea:
Just like Moriarty was afraid of Poirot and Holmes in the original books! I think Moriarty used some black magic, since that did happen in the Sherlock Holmes Novels from time to time, and, with another character, broke the 4th Wall, trying to lose Holmes from his trail!
:D :geek:

Black magic... My knowledge of Sherlock Holmes canon is very limited. Someone who knows it better, was Moriarty ever called a "monster" and was he very offended by this? I'm going by what the cat said a while ago...

Very much a WMG.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:48 pm

I have read every Sherlock Holmes book written by Doyle and I can confirm 100% that our new POI is Holmes. I give a 95% chance that Arthur Moore is Moriarty, as I'm pretty sure it is one of the aliases he used, or at least very similar.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby DAcriznips on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:50 pm

Of course hefner is holmes, there are soo many clues to that:

1. his vast knowlegde on chemisty and his request for solvent/alcohol
2. his needing a revolver (holmes was known for his marksmen ship with a hangun)
3. the need for a toxicology book (watson stated in the book " A Study in scarlet" that holmes had many books regarding poisons from those of animals and plants)
4. finally everyone should know from that bottle of 7% cocaine solution. Holmes wasn't an addict, persay, but he often injected himself with it to stimulate his mind (despite the warnings that watson told him every time)
5. The need for tobbaco
6. the microscope for his "research"
Last edited by DAcriznips on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The World is Quiet Here
DAcriznips

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:50 pm

Sicon112 wrote:I have read every Sherlock Holmes book written by Doyle and I can confirm 100% that our new POI is Holmes. I give a 95% chance that Arthur Moore is Moriarty, as I'm pretty sure it is one of the aliases he used, or at least very similar.

Can I refer you to my previous post about "monsters"? Do you remember anything like that?

EDIT: For Moriarty there's also the maths thing as evidence.
Last edited by NeverSlender on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Sherlock Holmes