Hefner and his blog

"I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go."

[Refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Hefner and his blog

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:50 pm

Flitterbie wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Seriously, I can't find it but where have I seen the name Lafayette i this ARG?

Only part of that name I recognized was Pierre.

Considering the lack of sleep I've had, I could just be going insane but I'm sure I've seen it somewhere.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:54 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Flitterbie wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Seriously, I can't find it but where have I seen the name Lafayette i this ARG?

Only part of that name I recognized was Pierre.

Considering the lack of sleep I've had, I could just be going insane but I'm sure I've seen it somewhere.

Just examined the previous stuff, but no mention of that name that I can see. It was a quick run through, so maybe I missed something. I don't think I saw that name in conjunction with this ARG, but hey, ya never know.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby TheJester on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Who the hell is OneWhoWatchesOverTheCrowd? I just saw a reply he put in Hefner's post.

"The answers you seek won’t be easily gained Mr. Holmes, even you should know that.

An old friend and foe has come to see you once more. The clash of intelligence will be great, but I beseech you do not waver. Do not take your old friend lightly. He has joined his own parish of deceit.

May You Be Watched Forever."
I think he's a faker.

Also I didn't use caps :D
TheJester

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:36 pm

TheJester wrote:Who the hell is OneWhoWatchesOverTheCrowd? I just saw a reply he put in Hefner's post.

"The answers you seek won’t be easily gained Mr. Holmes, even you should know that.

An old friend and foe has come to see you once more. The clash of intelligence will be great, but I beseech you do not waver. Do not take your old friend lightly. He has joined his own parish of deceit.

I think he's a faker.

He seems to be referring to Moriarty. Probably a faker.

And you not annoying anymore!
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby TheJester on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:40 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
TheJester wrote:Who the hell is OneWhoWatchesOverTheCrowd? I just saw a reply he put in Hefner's post.

I think he's a faker.

He seems to be referring to Moriarty. Probably a faker.

And you not annoying anymore!

Cps Thing Is Hard To Get Over Ok?
TheJester

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:50 pm

I was pretty sure it was you. :)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby YankeeWhite on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:37 am

I posted on Sherlock's blog responding to his "pieces remaining in the puzzle which seem unconnected" comment. I said the clues point to a Trojan Horse (metaphorically speaking) and that he has been put into 'check' based off the "Fine-Check suit" being circled.
Just observations, no conclusions on my part.
YankeeWhite

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:39 am

YankeeWhite wrote:I posted on Sherlock's blog responding to his "pieces remaining in the puzzle which seem unconnected" comment. I said the clues point to a Trojan Horse (metaphorically speaking) and that he has been put into 'check' based off the "Fine-Check suit" being circled.

Hey, nice catch there. That would fit with the whole chess motif Moriarty keeps invoking to taunt us. However, I think there is something that this foreshadows too...

Well, we shall see how he responds and work from there.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:59 am

YankeeWhite wrote:I posted on Sherlock's blog responding to his "pieces remaining in the puzzle which seem unconnected" comment. I said the clues point to a Trojan Horse (metaphorically speaking) and that he has been put into 'check' based off the "Fine-Check suit" being circled.

That's... brilliant and worrying.
In practical terms, what does this mean? I can come up with:
Either like I suggested before, the four want to turn Cinderella into their "Trojan Horse" to be an effective unknown agent whom we won't distrust like the rest of them
OR this whole string of clues they sent Holmes on was a "Trojan Horse" to... I don't know, get them time to speak to Cinderella with him out of the hotel? (that's certainly a tactic we've seen before in-game)
OR if it was sent by the Cat or someone-- to tell him that Cinderella's going to be OUR Trojan horse (unlikely)?

I guess the "check" is the most worrying part. Because whatever it refers to, it can't be good for us.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby YankeeWhite on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:28 pm

Continuing with the chess motif, I've found a type of "Trojan Horse" chess tactic that involves offering a false gift (aka sacrifice) to draw out or position the opponent in a check and/or checkmate scenario.
In the first example the queen is the gift.
The second one appears to offer the bishop.

I'll be busy the rest of the day. If this proves relevant feel free to share with Holmes.
YankeeWhite

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:40 pm

I'm not sure what this was about. The riddle couldn't have been used as a distraction (the enemy wouldn't know how much it would take Holmes to solve it - and indeed, we spent 2 days on it), unless Holmes was being watched, which kind of defeats the purpose of the distraction.
Holmes suggested that there was something in that apartment he was supposed to see... I guess I'll wait until he checks again.

EDIT: Oh wait, it wasn't Holmes who suggested the above, it was YankeeWhite. :D
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:37 pm

If Cinderella is the queen...
Either Metaneko (or someone) is letting Holmes know that he "offered" Cindy to the others to draw out their position, or... something? I need more thinking time.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Previous

Return to [REFIC'D] Sherlock Holmes