Hefner and his blog

"I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go."

[Refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Hefner and his blog

Postby YankeeWhite on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:59 pm

I was addressed by name, I said my piece, I've made my point. No need for anything further.

Also for the record Holmes stated:
I was speaking in jest about the benefactor but in truth if you know such a man, then I would be most grateful to contact him.

I simply gave Holmes what he wanted. And a little snark has never hurt a fictional character.
YankeeWhite

Postby Adell on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:18 pm

That's enough. We're a team, we should discuss actions amongst ourselves before we act. It's important we don't have actions that contradict other metaguards actions. We need to keep everyone on the same path and goal, and have them all with the same amount of info. We work as a TEAM, okay everybody? Stay informed, stick together, work together. If you have problems with one another, discuss it somewhere else, please.

That said, I think our current situation is alright. As long as we can prevent Poirot and Holmes from killing each other we should be in fine shape.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby JackAlsworth on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:53 pm

New post

Sherlock's following Poirot to France. A team-up remains a possibility.
JackAlsworth

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:55 pm

... They're just gonna keep up this game of cat and mouse, aren't they?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Hmmm... I wouldn't expect a blog post for a while then. I can see these two chasing each other all the way to the Arctic.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:57 pm

To be honest, I give up on them. They can keep trying to get at each other's throats all they want. Even goddamn Don Quixote is more willing to accept our advice.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Guyshane on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:58 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Hmmm... I wouldn't expect a blog post for a while then. I can see these two chasing each other all the way to the Arctic.

wouldn't surprise me
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:58 pm

Dryunya wrote:To be honest, I give up on them. They can keep trying to get at each other's throats all they want. Even goddamn Don Quixote is more willing to accept our advice.

To be fair, he doesn't seem the most intelligent bloke.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:07 pm

Are you saying one has to be stupid to accept our advice? :mrgreen:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:11 pm

Dryunya wrote:Are you saying one has to be stupid to accept our advice? :mrgreen:

No, just that he's more... umm... suggestible than the other two.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:12 pm

Just posted on the blog. I'm attempting a slightly different tactic this time. What are your thoughts on it?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:15 pm

That was... kinda threatening. Also, for all I know, you're bluffing, as we've never seen Mr. A actually interfere.
And, by the way, it's somewhat pointless to threaten Holmes with someone whose influence he didn't have a chance to evaluate.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:17 pm

Hmmm... Not sure about how he'll take that one. To me he seems like someone who always wants to be in control.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby YankeeWhite on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:21 pm

I say at this point anything is worth a try to get through to either one of these detectives. But I do like "the protection of humanity", it's a good angle to come from.
YankeeWhite

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:24 pm

The point is that I AM bluffing. I have no idea what the hell Mr. A would do or what the universe would do if something happened. I'm just trying to instil a bit of caution in him by being semi-threatening.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:24 pm

The point is that I AM bluffing. I have no idea what the hell Mr. A would do or what the universe would do if something happened. I'm just trying to instil a bit of caution in him by being semi-threatening.

Kudos to your nerve, but I don't think that's going to work. he seems nigh on unimtimidatable... Unintimibal? Urgh, I have no idea. Anyway he could very well read this...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby JackAlsworth on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:08 pm

Sherlock has a new post up.

The long and short of it: Holmes has a new case. An investment banker was accused of misusing company funds on a bad investment and then covering it up. She was fired before she could research the possibility that she was framed. Sherlock acquired a couple of pages from the report that implicates her guilt, and is now looking for evidence that it was tampered with.
JackAlsworth

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Well, crap. As I said, please update the timeline. I can't pick the important points, I'm about to collapse into a sleepy mess. :(
(We just can't catch a break today, can we?)
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:20 pm

Already dealing with the Holmes issue. I have all relevant info in a post that is currently awaiting moderation, probably because of the mass of outbound links it contains. You guys can head back to the witch issue if you want.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:21 pm

First off, the two cases are almost definitely related. Also Pierre is the first name of Poirots murder victim, and I'm sure the name Lafayette has come up somewhere before.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:22 pm

NeverSlender wrote:First off, the two cases are almost definitely related. Also Pierre is the first name of Poirots murder victim, and I'm sure the name Lafayette has come up somewhere before.

I know. I'm working on connecting info now.

EDIT: I'll try and get the timeline for Dryu in a bit, if someone doesn't beat me to it.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:23 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Already dealing with the Holmes issue. I have all relevant info in a post that is currently awaiting moderation, probably because of the mass of outbound links it contains. You guys can head back to the witch issue if you want.

We'll stay here, a team working on an issue is a better idea.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:25 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Already dealing with the Holmes issue. I have all relevant info in a post that is currently awaiting moderation, probably because of the mass of outbound links it contains. You guys can head back to the witch issue if you want.

We'll stay here, a team working on an issue is a better idea.

Well, not much to do, other than gather info and wait for him to respond to the various posts I left him. Not sure why Adell's comment posting one of the links I had got through so fast, unless the posts are only moderated when they have more than one link.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:45 pm

Seriously, I can't find it but where have I seen the name Lafayette i this ARG?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Flitterbie on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:46 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Seriously, I can't find it but where have I seen the name Lafayette i this ARG?

Only part of that name I recognized was Pierre.
Flitterbie

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Sherlock Holmes