Hefner and his blog

"I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go."

[Refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Hefner and his blog

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:51 pm

Heck, I knew we weren't supposed to. I was just trying my damnedest to see what the puppetmasters would do in response. In retrospect, that may have caused a bit of an issue, though I'm sure it would have happened anyhow.
Last edited by Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:57 pm

NeverSlender wrote:I have a feeling we're not supposed to reconcile them. Look what happened when we tried... Rapid plot development to prevent it.

Sicon112 wrote:Heck, I knew we weren't supposed to. I was just trying my damnedest to see what the puppetmasters would do in response. In retrospect, that may have cause a bit of an issue, though I'm sure it would have happened anyhow.

That's my point. It could be all a villain's plan. We got too fast onto it, then, they had to fasten up things a little bit. We were too good (I mean, Sicon was too good)
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:59 pm

The comments are moderated - if we did anything we weren't supposed to, they would've been deleted in order to keep within the bounds of the game, I bet. It's likely this would've happened on its own even if we didn't plan on mediating between them.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:00 pm

IslaKariese wrote:The comments are moderated - if we did anything we weren't supposed to, they would've been deleted in order to keep within the bounds of the game, I bet. It's likely this would've happened on its own even if we didn't plan on mediating between them.

I don't think they would have deleted them. Too obvious.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:01 pm

That's my point. It could be all a villain's plan. We got too fast onto it, then, they had to fasten up things a little bit. We were too good (I mean, Sicon was too good)

This is what happens when you get a forum full of people who enjoy dissecting tropes and talking about their favourite works of fiction in their spare time. Still, if the plot is having to move rapidly in order to keep up with some of the people here, that kind of gives me hope for the eventual success rate of this whole thing...

I bet. It's likely this would've happened on its own even if we didn't plan on mediating between them.

Agreed, it did seem to have been going that way anyway...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:05 pm

IslaKariese wrote:The comments are moderated - if we did anything we weren't supposed to, they would've been deleted in order to keep within the bounds of the game, I bet. It's likely this would've happened on its own even if we didn't plan on mediating between them.

Actually, they likely wouldn't have deleted them even if we did move too fast. It's like an RPG. If you have a bad GM, he railroads you, or in this case, deletes the comments that aren't exactly what they want. However, a good GM works with the players, changing their plans as the players react. So far, the puppetmasters have done a really good job, which is why I have been pressuring them as much as possible. 'Cause I know they can handle it.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:27 pm

Scarab wrote:

This is what happens when you get a forum full of people who enjoy dissecting tropes and talking about their favourite works of fiction in their spare time. Still, if the plot is having to move rapidly in order to keep up with some of the people here, that kind of gives me hope for the eventual success rate of this whole thing...

I think that the cat's new comment reflects this: we are going too fast in some parts, and slow in others, creating dissonace. We must keep everything the closest possible and then advance, or else, everything will be screwed up.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:29 pm

Victin wrote:I think that the cat's new comment reflects this: we are going too fast in some parts, and slow in others, creating dissonace. We must keep everything the closest possible and then advance, or else, everything will be screwed up.

You may have something there.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Lordxana0 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:31 pm

Just had a thought. Why would Moriaty come to our world? He had it made back in London-verse. He had contacts, plenty of money. It seems like a pointless move to me. He has to start from scratch with no money worth a damn and a few priceless collections that already exist.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Victin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:Just had a thought. Why would Moriaty come to our world? He had it made back in London-verse. He had contacts, plenty of money. It seems like a pointless move to me. He has to start from scratch with no money worth a damn and a few priceless collections that already exist.

He may have had no choice. The cat admited that he was running from someone (but we all should know the cat by now)
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:35 pm

Victin wrote:[He may have had no choice. The cat admited that he was running from someone (but we all should know the cat by now)

When did the cat admit that? Did I forget something?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Lordxana0 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:36 pm

Victin wrote:
Lordxana0 wrote:Just had a thought. Why would Moriaty come to our world? He had it made back in London-verse. He had contacts, plenty of money. It seems like a pointless move to me. He has to start from scratch with no money worth a damn and a few priceless collections that already exist.

He may have had no choice. The cat admited that he was running from someone (but we all should know the cat by now)

Would hate to throw my monster theory in here but a lot of characters seem to be running. Of course could have just been his out from his one true enemy, Sherlock Homes, from the 22 century... man I am old.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Victin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:40 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Victin wrote:[He may have had no choice. The cat admited that he was running from someone (but we all should know the cat by now)

This and this. I think that's all.
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Victin wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:

This and this. I think that's all.

Uh... he just responded to a question that asked if he saw something while crossing the wall. Nothing was ever said about why he came here. The only use of 'running' was to describe the hypothetical action of the (hypothetical) monster; namely amok. He confirmed he saw an entity while crossing. He didn't confirm anything else. Not even if he interacted with it, though he probably did to an extent. at least,t hat's the implication I get from the fact that he seems to know this being.

I thought I covered this yesterday...
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:52 pm

Anura wrote:So. Both Poirot and Holmes are on the run, and will probably continue to try and incriminate each other to clear their own names, despite our warnings. And honestly, I don't blame them. Who would trust a bunch of people over the internet?

It's a pity I'm worried about Moriaty coming after me, else I would go poking around myself. I'm in London most of the time myself, after all. At least, I believe this is happening in London somewhere (big place).

One last thing. If Moriaty sent Joe that letter, is it possible that he's reading this forum? He might have sent the authorities after them in response to our actions.

OH DEAR GOD NO
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Adell on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:27 pm

Then our next path is clear, we need to find Arthur Moore/Moriarty, and clear our detectives names somehow!
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:51 pm

Adell wrote:Then our next path is clear, we need to find Arthur Moore/Moriarty, and clear our detectives names somehow!

Yes, but that's far easier said than done. We have no way of contacting him or finding him except for the username he manipulated Hefner with. Unless someone's hella tech savvy, it doesn't come to anything.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Adell on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:53 pm

It's true, we merely have the clues about him mentioned in their blogs, and somehow I doubt Moore is blogging about his evil deeds somewhere...There has to be some kind of way. Perhaps the letter? Is there maybe a way to trace it...or reply to it somehow? Beyond the letter we pretty much have no leads now thanks to both detectives being on the run.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:56 pm

As far as we know, none of the letters Joe receives have addresses included, or he would've used that avenue before running from them.
IslaKariese

Postby Adell on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:57 pm

Yeah I figured as much...well no one said trying to out maneuver Moriority would be easy haha. We'll just have to think creatively I guess, a little time is all we need, I'm sure we can think of something.

Anura wrote:So. Both Poirot and Holmes are on the run, and will probably continue to try and incriminate each other to clear their own names, despite our warnings. And honestly, I don't blame them. Who would trust a bunch of people over the internet?

It's a pity I'm worried about Moriaty coming after me, else I would go poking around myself. I'm in London most of the time myself, after all. At least, I believe this is happening in London somewhere (big place).

One last thing. If Moriaty sent Joe that letter, is it possible that he's reading this forum? He might have sent the authorities after them in response to our actions.

And if he is reading this... I hope you know that you're not getting away with anything, you bastard!
Last edited by Adell on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Guyshane on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:58 pm

Besides that traceable evil geniuses don't tend to live very long
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:01 pm

jmartysknight2e4

Is there anything special about the username? I know 2e4 in maths is 20,000, but that seems a dead end.
IslaKariese

Postby Adell on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Well I assume J. Marty is the commentators name or something.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Just noticed something. No one ever did go in and analyze the name of that dude who led Holmes to Les. I just did. It isn't good.

The name is jmartysknight2e4.

I give it a 90% chance of standing for James Moriarty's Knight to E 4. Oh crap.

Ironically, I'm only mediocre at chess. I have attempted to educate myself a bit involving the game, but I have never had the time to take it up seriously. Any chess geniuses here wanna take a look at that move?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:06 pm

All I can come up with is part of a counterplay to shore up a weakness in the Kingston Defense, but that doesn't seem to have any special connotations.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Sherlock Holmes