Hefner and his blog

"I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go."

[Refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Hefner and his blog

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:51 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Wysp wrote:After reading through Scion and Adell's conversation with Holmes, I have to worry about Scion's actions.

Do you really want to engineer a meeting between Holmes, a fictional person, and Mr. Administrator, the person whose expressed and singular goal is to get fictional people back into their verse? Holmes might like the idea (he misses those he knows, naturally) but if Moriarty is involved, then Holmes' departure will leave us with only ourselves against the Napoleon of Crime. That could be somewhat problematic.

If Holmes returns, he will be returning on our terms. Trust me, I got this down. Mr. A knows what he is doing, and I highly doubt Holmes would be willing to just up and leave without doing anything important.

Also META: Hell no he isn't leaving. He's a plot important character.I
Anyhow, I've got a plan, so don't worry about it.

If you have a plan, share it. We're a team.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Wysp on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:52 pm

Accidentally put this in the wrong thread, I believe it goes here.

I'm quite pleased with the information that we've acquired from Holmes--even if he seems rather irritated at us. I'm trying to paint myself as "concerned for your safety" but I'm not sure if, due to his high estimation of himself and low estimation of us, that doesn't just come across as "incompetent."

I've also offered the services of any interested Americans in hunting down Mr. Stein.

Mayhap we should start a "Missing Persons Division" to track down people like Stein and Elphaba, and provisionally people like Moore and Raike who've dropped off the map.
Wysp

Postby Adell on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:52 pm

Yes, better to share then try and work it all on your own.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:54 pm

Adell wrote:Yes, better to share then try and work it all on your own.

Check the new thread in this section.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:02 pm

I tried to convince Holmes to contact that blog's owner. With any luck, it may really be James, and he may actually ask him about that guy.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:03 pm

*sigh* Yankee seems to think that randomly insulting Holmes' intelligence is going to help. Somehow. I'd absolutely love to hear the logic behind that one.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:09 pm

Looks like my comment about contacting James is not going to be approved, just like the one at Poirot's blog. Am I so bad at staying in character, or what? :?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Wysp on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:09 pm

@ Scion: Getting the rest of us on Holmes' good side. ^_^
Wysp

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:10 pm

Dryunya wrote:Looks like my comment about contacting James is not going to be approved, just like the one at Poirot's blog. Am I so bad at staying in character, or what? :?

Weird... all my comments go through instantly. I'm not really familiar with these blog sites or how their comments work, so I'm not sue why that happens.

EDIT:
Wysp wrote:@ Scion: Getting the rest of us on Holmes' good side. ^_^

See my edit on TV Tropes. Also, my name is actually Sicon. ;)
Last edited by Sicon112 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:11 pm

Yeah I've been trying to talk to both of them but my comments are still being moderated.

EDIT: I mean Holmes and Poirot.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:13 pm

Railroading. :cry:
Google also gives some very old posts on that same blog - about July 2011. Perhaps I was wrong about it being his blog?
Meta: or it may be his out-of-character blog, and he locked it up for the duration of the ARG so that we don't pester him. :?

Sicon112 wrote:Also, my name is actually Sicon. ;)

Dunno, Scion sounds pretty badass. :gurt:

Sorry to leave you hanging, but I'm probably going to sleep now.
Dryunya

Postby Wysp on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Oh boy, railroading is not a good thing to have in an ARG, kills immersion dead.

@ Sicon: I'll see what I can do.
Wysp

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:19 pm

Aaaaand bloody hell, he posted again and linked him right to Mr. A's Twitter. Gee thanks. I just went to a lot of trouble to ensure that we were the only link between Mr. A and Holmes. I really appreciate it. Really. Now I have to factor my own teammates into my contingencies, just to be safe.
Last edited by Sicon112 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:20 pm

This might work out well. It'd be good for Sherlock to have a twitter. Or it could turn to sh*t.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby IslaKariese on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Aaaaand bloody hell he posted again and linked him right to Mr. A's Twitter. Gee thanks. I just went to a lot of trouble to ensure that we were the only link between Mr. A and Holmes. I really appreciate it. Really. Now I have to factor my own teammates into my contingencies, just to be safe.

*pats his back* There, there. Obviously Yankee is acting independently from the rest of us. Whatever happens, it won't ruin the game.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:21 pm

I'm starting to think Yankee is frustrated about the ARG. :evil:
Dryunya

Postby Wysp on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Okay, yeah that I can't do damage control on. -_-
Wysp

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:24 pm

Okay, sending him to Mr. A might have been salvageable but the last line was in no way necessary. Yes there are other ways to handle Holmes but that wasn't one of them.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:26 pm

I think I'm going to get off for now. My real life situation is not favorable, and my annoyance is just getting worse. My online personality is failing and my day-to-day cynical snarking is starting to leak through. If I say on any longer, I have a feeling I'm going to do something I'll regret later.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby IslaKariese on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:27 pm

Sicon112 wrote:I think I'm going to get off for now. My real life situation is not favorable, and my annoyance is just getting worse. My online personality is failing and my day-to-day cynical snarking is starting to leak through. If I say on any longer, I have a feeling I'm going to do something I'll regret later.

Fair thee well, dear Sicon. My your rest be well met and your personalities be separate.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:27 pm

Sicon112 wrote:I think I'm going to get off for now. My real life situation is not favorable, and my annoyance is just getting worse. My online personality is failing and my day-to-day cynical snarking is starting to leak through. If I say on any longer, I have a feeling I'm going to do something I'll regret later.

Read the pun thread, that will help.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby YankeeWhite on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:36 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Yankee, my apologies for the rude way I responded to you on Holmes' blog. I had to do so in order to have any hope of getting a hold of this situation before it boils over. Still, please don't do that kind of thing again. You may have just caused a lot of trouble...

Rest assured nothing I do will cause any trouble for you or any other player. It may be a different approach than yours but those are the drawbacks of working with so many individuals. Everyone has there own ideas one how to interact with the characters. Please just let the PuppetMasters respond how they deem fit and focus on the characters, don't worry about me. The situation will most definitely NOT boil over from anything I say or do. And IF it does, that will just be how the PMs choose to proceed.
YankeeWhite

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:50 pm

So, let's get back on track. Sicon did you get anywhere with the dodgy dutchman? And did anyone else find anything?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby YankeeWhite on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:51 pm

Sicon112 wrote:*sigh* Yankee seems to think that randomly insulting Holmes' intelligence is going to help. Somehow. I'd absolutely love to hear the logic behind that one.

Funny thing, there is no logic behind it, it's called "playing the game". There doesn't have to be any goal other than interacting with our characters. I enjoy it, it's harmless to everyone involved, and if I can't have a little fun with this then I wouldn't be playing. Stop focusing on me, relax and enjoy the game a little more. I won't break anything.
YankeeWhite

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:52 pm

Not the place, start an ARGuments thread if you wanna talk about this.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Sherlock Holmes