Tara Coulson's case

"I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go."

[Refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Tara Coulson's case

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:38 pm

Pissing off Incredible fucking Hulk. :)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby S_o_S on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:41 pm

Dryunya wrote:Pissing off Incredible fucking Hulk. :)

Nope! At least with him you know what you're getting into - piss off the Hulk, he's going to just beat you with ridiculous force. On the other hand, piss off Holmes, who is "on the side of the angels, but should never be mistaken for one" and you have no idea what he'll do to you. But he will destroy you, or make you do it yourself somehow.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:57 pm

I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

temp

Postby Dryunya on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:34 am

So, after the update from Holmes, it's known that the shot was made through the window, which was then closed with the curtain rod.
There are 2 things I don't understand, though:
  1. This was brought up by Sicon. He asked how could Mann call Tara and then come up to the rooftop and close the window from there. Holmes replied that he was calling from a cellular. Why the hell the call was registered from the apartment landline?
  2. This... was brought up by Sicon, too. :) Why did the army sniper rifle make a shallow wound? Why was there no gunshot? This Is Reality, no Hollywood Silencers for you.
Dryunya

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:52 am

In response to 1:
It could easily have been a cellphone. Keep in mind that it's not the number that traced back to the apartment, it was the recorded message. It's a cellphone he got while living in Oregon, so it's got an Oregon area code, and that's... all there is to it.

2: All right, I don't know anything about guns, and will have to bow to your expertise, but there's clearly SOMETHING to this point. If only because of Deanna's last message.
Maybe it was modified in some way? Has Holmes ruled out the air rifle possibility?
Why the hell they bothered to modify it (unless it was to cut down on the noise and avoid detection), I have no clue.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:07 am

Dryunya wrote:So, after the update from Holmes, it's known that the shot was made through the window, which was then closed with the curtain rod.
There are 2 things I don't understand, though:
  1. This was brought up by Sicon. He asked how could Mann call Tara and then come up to the rooftop and close the window from there. Holmes replied that he was calling from a cellular. Why the hell the call was registered from the apartment landline?
  2. This... was brought up by Sicon, too. :) Why did the army sniper rifle make a shallow wound? Why was there no gunshot? This Is Reality, no Hollywood Silencers for you.

I'm only responding to point 1, because that's the only point I can address. Keep in mind that the phone wasn't registered to a land line. When we (including me) dialed the number, we were lead to his voicemail, and he left the recording leaving his name and mentioning the Baskerville Apartments. But if he never rerecorded his message, then his message will continue saying he lived in those apartments even when he didn't.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Dryunya on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:20 am

Ok, I get the first now.
The second: "cut down the noise and avoid detection" is, I'd say, enough. Maybe they powered the rifle down, or something. I don't know how it works, but I know that Hollywood Silencers are pretty much fictional, and I don't think our characters took any with them.

EDIT: Moved everything from my last post to this one from Quixote's conversations thread. I hope I did it right.
Dryunya

Postby H22 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:03 am

I agree with Qara. I think it could have been (not that I know anything of guns) modified air gun.
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby Dryunya on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:53 pm

I thought Holmes debunked that theory.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:17 pm

So he debunked a silencing compressor.
I don't know much about guns, but I think that still leaves modified-air-rifle as an open possibility?
I'll shut up now, and leave this speculation to the gun experts. All *I* know is how to shoot one, not what kind I was shooting with.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:32 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:31 pm

The police are there, and I'm double-posting because this looks important.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:38 pm

Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:40 pm

Theory: Hope shot from the roof, while Mann was on the phone in the room (and possibly also handling a gun? but why?).
As I've said, I don't know too much about guns-- would this increased distance account somewhat for the shallow wound? Or am I just going crazy?

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby JackAlsworth on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:45 pm

This is too easy. This is just too easy. I don't know what, but there's something they're missing. There has to be.

EDIT: I KNEW it was too easy.

EDIT 2: And Deanna's being her usual unhelpful self. I think figuring out Hope was framed is next.
JackAlsworth

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:11 pm

Ah-ha!
Looks like you're right, Jack!

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:25 pm

Damned, Genre-Savvy... I say you jinxed it.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Inukai44 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:22 pm

Okay did they specify the model of the sniper rifle? The military has a lot of them in use
Inukai44

Postby Dryunya on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:45 am

So, Holmes has closed her case.
So, Tripky was the instigator for Hope, as well as the shooter. The wound is explained by the rifle's model (hint: it's Older Than The NES). The motive is exactly what we saw - a psycho tried to avenge his hurt pride.

Holmes is now leaving for a new case, and Quixote is about to go medieval on Tripky.

"Um, there are some things that are still unresolved here guys!"
Like, who hacked the blog? How? Why did they have to wait until Halloween? Why did Tripky try to warn Tara? What is "the critical piece"? What does Deanna have to do with this? (WMG: She hacked the blog. At least in some places.) What was her plan? What was the deal about memory cards at Tripky's inn, and why did he leave in a hurry after Quixote's first meeting with Deanna? Was this all in my mind? If I were to run away, where tha fuck would I go?
Dryunya

Postby S_o_S on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:47 am

Dryunya wrote:So, Holmes has closed her case.
So, Tripky was the instigator for Hope, as well as the shooter. The wound is explained by the rifle's model (hint: it's Older Than The NES). The motive is exactly what we saw - a psycho tried to avenge his hurt pride.

Holmes is now leaving for a new case, and Quixote is about to go medieval on Tripky.

"Um, there are some things that are still unresolved here guys!"
Like, who hacked the blog? How? Why did they have to wait until Halloween? Why did Tripky try to warn Tara? What is "the critical piece"? What does Deanna have to do with this? (WMG: She hacked the blog. At least in some places.) What was her plan? What was the deal about memory cards at Tripky's inn, and why did he leave in a hurry after Quixote's first meeting with Deanna? Was this all in my mind? If I were to run away, where tha fuck would I go?

We may well find out at least some of these things after Quixote's meeting with him, but Deanna, I expect, will remain an enigma for the time being due to plot.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Previous

Return to [REFIC'D] Sherlock Holmes