Tara Coulson's case

"I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go."

[Refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Tara Coulson's case

Postby JackAlsworth on Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:39 pm

For information/questions/subpoenas, email...

Do landlords and ladies actually say that? (I wouldn't know either way, it just seems odd.)

EDIT: Of course this is the pagetopper. I'm quoting the contact page for the site Wacky found.
JackAlsworth

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:44 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:
For information/questions/subpoenas, email...

Do landlords and ladies actually say that? (I wouldn't know either way, it just seems odd.)

EDIT: Of course this is the pagetopper. I'm quoting the contact page for the site Wacky found.

The site Sicon found.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Dryunya on Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:48 pm

Just because no one mentioned it here, we've checked the modification date for the site - it's 10th Oct. While the page does seem absurd, the timeline check is positive, and what are the odds that somebody decides to mock that apartment complex right before we need to find it?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:55 pm

I'm planning on e-mailing the landlady. I'm going to be pretending to look for an apartment, but that I'd like an exact address so I can come out and have a look. I'll also say I'm an old friend of Mann's and that he recommended me to live there, and that I would like an apartment across from his, if at all possible.

How does that sound?
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby JackAlsworth on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:14 pm

That sounds good, except if Mann does live there, she might check with him to make sure you're actually who you say you are. It might be worth it to hold off on mentioning him until you get the address of the Commons proper, just in case she gets suspicious when you bring him up.
JackAlsworth

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:18 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:That sounds good, except if Mann does live there, she might check with him to make sure you're actually who you say you are. It might be worth it to hold off on mentioning him until you get the address of the Commons proper, just in case she gets suspicious when you bring him up.

I wish I had seen this before. I already sent it. Here's my message.

Me wrote:Hello. How are you?

I am looking for an apartment, and I was referred by a friend to Baskerville Commons Apartments. I've seen your website, and am very intrigued. I don't need much. Just a small place to lay my head at night.

Before I decide for sure, though, I would like to come and take a look at the place. The problem is, my friend who recommended me to your homes neglected to leave an address, and your website appears to lack one as well. I would appreciate it if you could e-mail me back with the street, city, and state address.

And if it all possible, I would like to request a very specific apartment. My friend, the one who told me about Baskerville Commons, Kenny Mann, is living there right now. I would very much like to have the apartment across or next to his. Is that even possible? Now that I think about it, I don't even know what apartment number he is in. I have been unable to contact him as of late, otherwise I would ask him if there were any vacancies next to his. Do you know Kenny Mann? Could you let me know what apartment he is living in and whether there are any vacancies nearby?

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to possibly coming to live there.

I know it's kind of suspicious, but it's the best I could do.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:20 pm

That was quick. She's replied.

Agatha Doyle wrote:Are you asking about Kenny Mann? He used to live here at Baskerville,
but he moved out fairly recently. If you're trying to contact him, I
can give you his new address-- he gave it to me in case I needed to
forward any mail:

122 Bosworth Road,
Starsight Apartments.

Hope that helps!
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:22 pm

Should I send it to Holmes, or are you going to?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:24 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Should I send it to Holmes, or are you going to?

You can take this one. That's more your area.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:24 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Should I send it to Holmes, or are you going to?

You can take this one. That's more your area.

Sure, just a moment.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:32 pm

I knew that address seemed familiar: http://taracoulson.ezblog.twwf.info/?p=106
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:34 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:I knew that address seemed familiar: http://taracoulson.ezblog.twwf.info/?p=106

Yeah, I remembered that too.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:34 pm

Wait...If Mann now lives in Starsight... Then who the hell was calling from his phone?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:06 pm

Holmes is beginning to accept the idea that Tara may have been shot through an open window. He calls it impossible, and I agree. But maybe there's some way it could be possible? I don't know. Some new technology? Fictional technology?
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Dryunya on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:46 pm

My theory: Mann moved out to observe the investigation. In that case he could call her from his Baskerville apartment, and move to Starsight later. We need to ask when exactly he moved away, but I'm not sure how that could be done inconspicuously.

Or, in case he moved earlier, maybe we should find out who moved in his place.
I guess I'll share that with Holmes.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby JackAlsworth on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:56 pm

Dryunya wrote:My theory: Mann moved out to observe the investigation. In that case he could call her from his Baskerville apartment, and move to Starsight later. We need to ask when exactly he moved away, but I'm not sure how that could be done inconspicuously.

Hmmm... that is a good question.

Wacky, if you haven't replied to Ms. Doyle yet, you could say:

That's odd, he hadn't told me he'd moved. Do you know when he moved out?

Or something like that.
JackAlsworth

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:05 am

Sherlock Holmes wrote:What a knave you are!

Do you believe I’m BLIND, Mr. Sicon? That if the window was broken as a result of a BULLET HOLES I would not have seen such a crack? My methods have been questioned before but not in this way! What have I ever done to be so basely insulted, that I would have missed such a blatant, obvious, glaring detail as a bullet hole in the cursed window?!

NO!! The window was not broken! There was nothing to indicate that the window was broken in any way! And YOU, sir, ought verily to remove the obscene arrogance in your tone if you at all wish to give inquiry of my case in the future!!

Looks like we've found Holmes' Berserk Button. :?
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:06 am

Dryunya wrote:

Do you believe I’m BLIND, Mr. Sicon? That if the window was broken as a result of a BULLET HOLES I would not have seen such a crack? My methods have been questioned before but not in this way! What have I ever done to be so basely insulted, that I would have missed such a blatant, obvious, glaring detail as a bullet hole in the cursed window?!

NO!! The window was not broken! There was nothing to indicate that the window was broken in any way! And YOU, sir, ought verily to remove the obscene arrogance in your tone if you at all wish to give inquiry of my case in the future!!

If he keeps insulting me, the politeness is gone and my Sarcasm Mode is going ALL THE WAY on.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:08 am

JackAlsworth wrote:
Dryunya wrote:My theory: Mann moved out to observe the investigation. In that case he could call her from his Baskerville apartment, and move to Starsight later. We need to ask when exactly he moved away, but I'm not sure how that could be done inconspicuously.

Hmmm... that is a good question.

Wacky, if you haven't replied to Ms. Doyle yet, you could say:

That's odd, he hadn't told me he'd moved. Do you know when he moved out?

Or something like that.

I'll get on that.

Edit: Sent. I also asked if someone moved into his old apartment? It still kind of sounds like I'm looking to move into his old place, but hopefully it'll give us the info we need.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:37 am

Ok. Deanna Who has sent a hint to Quixote: "Curtain rod".
I guess they Failed A Spot Check.

Why would she do that? If she really is some random woman who wants to help, how would she know about the rod? If she is a villain, why would she help? Perhaps the case is supposed to lure them somewhere. Nothing else I can think of.
I'll be so freaked out if it's The Untwist.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:40 am

Dryunya wrote:Ok. Deanna Who has sent a hint to Quixote: "Curtain rod".
I guess they Failed A Spot Check.

Why would she do that? If she really is some random woman who wants to help, how would she know about the rod? If she is a villain, why would she help? Perhaps the case is supposed to lure them somewhere. Nothing else I can think of.
I'll be so freaked out if it's The Untwist.

I ... guess maybe she'd want to help to make Quixote feel endebted towards her, or something? Or... maybe she isn't a villain. Urgh, she has an ulterior motive, whoever she is.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:41 am

Actually, look at the timing. She is telling them to look right before they go to the second apartment. It would be more likely that they are talking about the curtain rod in THAT apartment.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:43 am

Sicon112 wrote:Actually, look at the timing. She is telling them to look right before they go to the second apartment. It would be more likely that they are talking about the curtain rod in THAT apartment.

You mean that the curtain rod is a disguised weapon?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:03 am

Let's chop the Epileptic Trees down. We have the hint, so do They who Fight Crime. They'll know how to make sense of it. Now we wait.
Dryunya

Postby S_o_S on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:30 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Dryunya wrote:

If he keeps insulting me, the politeness is gone and my Sarcasm Mode is going ALL THE WAY on.

I literally cannot think of a worse idea than pissing of Sherlock fucking Holmes.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Sherlock Holmes