Message from Sherlock Holmes to Mr. A

"I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go."

[Refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Message from Sherlock Holmes to Mr. A

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:53 pm

I have been asked to inform you that Holmes is willing and ready to assist us in our endeavors to find a way to return the fictional characters. His full message is reproduced here:

Hmmm… I was speaking in jest about the benefactor but in truth if you know such a man, then I would be most grateful to contact him. Do not be concerned, I have dealt with many of the discreet variety; the Grand Duke Wilhelm Gottsreich Sigismond von Ormstein comes to mind. Let him know that I am willing to do an compensatory investigative service for him if he should agree to help with the logistical concerns.

If I may, I suggest allowing Holmes to remain and assist us for as long as his myriad of uses outweighs the toll on reality his presence here may be creating. He could be pivotal in collecting the other stray fictional characters, and I have even gotten him to agree to give us a free investigation in compensation, a result far better than I hoped. To be honest, I was trying to think of what he would ask as payment when I asked for a favor, but that is now unnecessary.

Also, this gives me hope that there will be other fictionals ready and willing to return to their homes without the need for force.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Re: Message from Sherlock Holmes to Mr. A

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:57 pm

I think it will depend on the fictite (now a real word.) Holmes and Poirot are very much fiah out of water and don't seem to be enjoying our world. The Don might not fit in but he seems to be having a good time. He might not be as willing. And Moriarty definitely wouldn't want to go back.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Wysp on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:57 pm

That...seemed like the obvious course of action?
Wysp

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:58 pm

Wysp wrote:That...seemed like the obvious course of action?

Yep.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Mr. Administrator on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:47 pm

WE WILL LOOK INTO THE SITUATION.
Mr. Administrator

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:47 pm

Mr. Administrator wrote:WE WILL LOOK INTO THE SITUATION.

Thanks. Anything you want me to say to him? Any messages? Requests?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:46 am

Whatever the case maybe best we be as honest with the guy as we possibly can, so as to not muddy the waters of discourse later. I presume he would be quite happy to back to the world from wich he came, but still, we should assert that these are our intentions...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:19 pm

Neither he nor Poirot won't listen to such promises. We've tried. We have to let the plot roll.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:26 pm

Neither he nor Poirot won't listen to such promises. We've tried. We have to let the plot roll.

Urgh, here's hoping it goes the way it always seems to go in, say comic books: they eventually realise they're being pitted against one another by a much more devious enemy and team up to lay down some serious smack. Well Holmes would anyway, I'm not sure Poirot is as adept at self defence, but either way, just imagine the possibilities or these two working side by side...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:28 pm

Scarab wrote:

Urgh, here's hoping it goes the way it always seems to go in, say comic books: they eventually realise they're being pitted against one another by a much more devious enemy and team up to lay down some serious smack. Well Holmes would anyway, I'm not sure Poirot is as adept at self defence, but either way, just imagine the possibilities or these two working side by side...

I think they'd continuously argue about the best course of action to take and it would be hilaaaarious.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:31 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Scarab wrote:

I think they'd continuously argue about the best course of action to take and it would be hilaaaarious.

Haven't you guys noticed that Holmes is ready and willing to make peace with Poirot due to our actions?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Yeah, it looks like Poirot is holding things up. And I think even if they team up they're just too similar to get along.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Return to [REFIC'D] Sherlock Holmes