Cheating on the refics

This is for the discussion of topics not covered by the other categories, as well as the Leads Discussion.

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

Cheating on the refics

Postby Dryunya on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:42 pm

I've just realized that there was a slim opportunity for us to cheat on the refics. How would you react if we found someone else's fanfic (or even an existing work, if there is one) featuring the required character and a trope? :)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Re: Cheating on the refics

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:44 pm

Dryu! That would be the worst kind of plagiarism. :(
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Dryunya on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:38 pm

Why in the world would that be?
"Hey Mr. A! I've just found out that a refic with such tropes was already written! We're so lucky! :P "
:roll:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Dana on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:57 pm

We would have made you jump through hoops. Lots of hoops.
Dana
Puppetmaster

Postby Dryunya on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:42 am

I don't get the metaphor.
...or did you mean the actual hoops? :o
Dryunya

Postby Dana on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:31 am

We would have found a way to make it easier to just write your own stuff. In-game justification, if you will.
Dana
Puppetmaster

Postby Tom on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:42 am

I might compare this to one of those games where you have a ball in a maze, and you get it into a hole by tilting the whole maze. We built the maze before the game started. You guys are the ball. There are lots of holes in the maze, and some of them, we didn't know were there (metaguards on the other side, for instance). As long as the ball made it to a hole, everything was fine. But we sometimes had to tilt the maze to keep you from going into dead ends.

Yeah. I mean, writing the fics was supposed to be fun anyway. All we had to do was tilt the maze til it became more fun to do the fics.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby Scarab on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:12 am

I honestly don't see why anybody would've WANTED to cheat on the refics. Sure it would've been easier, but that was one of the most fun aspects of the entire game and it got a lot of people invovled who otherwise were unable to help, due to not being near wall pieces or echoes or anything :)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Return to General