GM Experiences

This is for the discussion of topics not covered by the other categories, as well as the Leads Discussion.

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

GM Experiences

Postby Scarab on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:11 pm

I hope I'm not just repeating a question tha has been asked ad infinitum here, but it'd be interesting to learn what the GMs enjoyed most about their experiencews making this game. What was the most fun aspect, and what was the hardest thing to accomplish? Were there any moments where you got to sit back and feel really pleased with yourselves? Any moments where you felt like facepalming?

Bit of a generic question to ask with so little time left, but it'd be nice to know what you guys found :)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Re: GM Experiences

Postby Tom on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:17 pm

My favorite moments were things like the AMA and the Cthulhu showdown, when the players' reactions were pretty much in line with what we'd hoped they would be. The most frustrating times where when something that was supposed to be fun, wasn't.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Tom wrote:The most frustrating times where when something that was supposed to be fun, wasn't.

Wait, what wasn't fun? *does not remember anything being not-fun*
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Tom on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:50 pm

Sometimes a subplot would reach the crisis before the resolution, and instead of seeing it as a story, folks were actually so emotionally invested that they got upset. It's interesting. I never told a story people were TOO invested in, before. :)
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby Tohrinha on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:42 pm

Tom wrote:Folks were actually so emotionally invested that they got upset. It's interesting. I never told a story people were TOO invested in, before. :)

Ah, emotional investment. I know you well.
Don Juan. I still have a grudge against him for what he did. :? I tried not to let it seep into my gameplay, though.

. . . I'll stop derailing now. :)
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Return to General