Irritations

This is for the discussion of topics not covered by the other categories, as well as the Leads Discussion.

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

Re: Irritations

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:47 pm

I want to say right now, I am very sorry for the, uh, problems I may have caused with my paranoia and secrecy. In my defense, it wasn't until a couple weeks ago that someone explained to me how ARGs work, and why me keeping things secret from the GMs made absolutely no sense. Still, I'm sorry.

Also,
Connor Fallon wrote:The most annoying thing about that was that Dana got to do an AMA as a result! I wanted to do an AMA D= Lurking in the shadows is painfullll

ahahahhaha I almost included you in my rage!tweets, but decided I shouldn't announce to the world that I'd kind of noticed you were a GM, especially when I was complaining about people making information public that I thought they "shouldn't" know...

<_<

>_>

Oh, and speaking of irritations, I have a love/hate relationship with translation, especially when the text to be translated is incredibly difficult to make out, by reason of accent/pronunciation.

<_<

>_>

But I <3 you all.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Rick Healey on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:05 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Oh, and speaking of irritations, I have a love/hate relationship with translation, especially when the text to be translated is incredibly difficult to make out, by reason of accent/pronunciation.

On the flip side, there's the sinking feeling of being the one responsible for making sure foreign language use is accurate... and then realizing that the only person who can deal with it a) can't understand your accent blend of Parisien, de Martinique, and American mid-Atlantic, and b) is only familiar with a dialect that greatly differs from the one I know.
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Scarab on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:18 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:I want to say right now, I am very sorry for the, uh, problems I may have caused with my paranoia and secrecy. In my defense, it wasn't until a couple weeks ago that someone explained to me how ARGs work, and why me keeping things secret from the GMs made absolutely no sense. Still, I'm sorry.

Yeah I've been thinking about this for the past couple of hours and honestly, I feel I should say sorry too. People keep saying that I 'mediated things back to normalacy' and I'm thinking... um, how exactly? Asides from releasing the song (which was basically my way of saying 'okay we've forgotten why we're here, let's try and remind ourselves') I am growing steadily more terrified that I just spent my time invovled in that arguement making things WORSE. I don't know HOW I would have done that but my paranoia insists I did so... sorry, guys. :(

I mean, I went along with the secret thing like everyone else without even realising it was really... silly of me. Immersion demanded that we accept the posibility that the cabal were seeing everything we planned out in the open, and if they could see it they could counter it which... just didn't seem like sensible planning, si the keeping things secret was NEVER about hidingh things from players, I don't think... but then it all got... secretive, and misleading and people were feeling left out and the whole thing was just sorta... yeah.

Honestly, I still don't think I udnerstand how ARG's work at all. I'll do better next time.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby BlackWolfe on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:18 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:I want to say right now, I am very sorry for the, uh, problems I may have caused with my paranoia and secrecy. In my defense, it wasn't until a couple weeks ago that someone explained to me how ARGs work, and why me keeping things secret from the GMs made absolutely no sense. Still, I'm sorry.

Yeah, very early in my participation (but still way late in the game) I had an idea that I wanted to share without the Cabal getting their hands on it, and I went through hell trying to figure out a way to balance keeping it a secret with making sure the GMs got the information. I think I ended up telling Eli (maybe someone else, I forget) in a private message and trusting her to relay the information to known players and through Mr. A to the GMs, but as nothing came of it...
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:05 pm

BlackWolfe wrote:

Yeah, very early in my participation (but still way late in the game) I had an idea that I wanted to share without the Cabal getting their hands on it, and I went through hell trying to figure out a way to balance keeping it a secret with making sure the GMs got the information. I think I ended up telling Eli (maybe someone else, I forget) in a private message and trusting her to relay the information to known players and through Mr. A to the GMs, but as nothing came of it...

Yeah, BW. It was me. I spoke to Wacky and I think either Qara or PIxel about it; and they all said that it was useless at this point.
I had meant to tell you; but both schedule conflicts and my own inability to remember ANYTHING compounded into a horrific mess of me remembering to say something after you had left.
Sorry, BW.
eli_gone_crazy

Previous

Return to General