Irritations

This is for the discussion of topics not covered by the other categories, as well as the Leads Discussion.

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

Irritations

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:36 pm

Did we ever do anything that just drove you, as GM's, insane?
eli_gone_crazy

Re: Irritations

Postby Dana on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:37 pm

You fought with each other :(
Dana
Puppetmaster

Postby Tom on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:38 pm

To be fair, some of that was grey and gray morality coming home to roost, which was one reason we went with a unified ending.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby Adell on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:41 pm

I have an irritation about US, the players. It really annoyed me when some of us actually thought we weren't impacting the arg in anyway. it was around the time of the medusa fic, which was something that got introduced because of us. It really annoyed me as a player lol.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Dana on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:43 pm

Yeah guys, come on, we changed the whole ending for you since you came up with a mechanic we hasn't thought of.
Dana
Puppetmaster

Postby Scarab on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:44 pm

Dana wrote:You fought with each other :(

We're sorry :( Me in particualr there I really hope I didn't just make things worse sometimes.

Tom wrote:To be fair, some of that was grey and gray morality coming home to roost, which was one reason we went with a unified ending.

We're very grateful for the unified ending, by the way, it was incredible of you to give us that uniting force at the end especially considering how much WORK that took. I guess we'll never know how else it might have ended but that you gave us that was awesome of you.

I also like to think that while we fought, we didn't break. We were tough enough, and cared enough, to push past it.

Adell wrote:I have an irritation about US, the players. It really annoyed me when some of us actually thought we weren't impacting the arg in anyway. it was around the time of the Medusa fic, which was something that got introduced because of us.

I think a lot of us got over that in the end, with a few motivational speeches from Xana et al. :)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Connor Fallon on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Oh yeah, I'd say some of the incorrect Meta was a bit out of control at points. "Things can't go this way because Meta: it has to go this way!" Actually wound up being self fulfilling at points -- which was sad, especially when you guys were unhappy with the Meta you had created.

Also, sometimes I felt like you guys were trying to play against US rather than the characters =P WE LOVE YOU. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT. I think that was another example of meta getting out of control.

But overall, we really love you guys.
Design Lead
@ConnorEFallon
Connor Fallon
Puppetmaster

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:47 pm

Connor Fallon wrote:Oh yeah, I'd say some of the incorrect Meta was a bit out of control at points. "Things can't go this way because Meta: it has to go this way!" Actually wound up being self fulfilling at points -- which was sad, especially when you guys were unhappy with the Meta you had created.

Also, sometimes I felt like you guys were trying to play against US rather than the characters =P WE LOVE YOU. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT. I think that was another example of meta getting out of control.

I do not believe the GM. :lol:

But yeah, did any of our.... gambits... get in the way of the goals you had set? :?
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Scarab on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:47 pm

Connor Fallon wrote:Oh yeah, I'd say some of the incorrect Meta was a bit out of control at points. "Things can't go this way because Meta: it has to go this way!" Actually wound up being self fulfilling at points -- which was sad, especially when you guys were unhappy with the Meta you had created.

We love you too :P (Seriously sorry for the moment where it felt like we were Raging Against The Author and all that, we just got really, REALLY into this game...)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dana on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:50 pm

eli_gone_crazy wrote:But yeah, did any of our.... gambits... get in the way of the goals you had set? :?

Your gambits actually made some of our goals more easily accessible :gurt:

For example, I had had that Morgan reficcing Moriarty script written for months. MONTHS. But events in the game were changing so that she wouldn't necessarily be so angry with him to do it...until Qara came up with the Sherlock Holmes gambit. I was 10000000 happy.
Dana
Puppetmaster

Postby Krika on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:50 pm

Adell wrote:I have an irritation about US, the players. It really annoyed me when some of us actually thought we weren't impacting the arg in anyway. it was around the time of the medusa fic, which was something that got introduced because of us. It really annoyed me as a player lol.

Considering I'm one of these people......and think that way for reasons that go far beyond this forum, yah.........sorry about that. :/ I just get annoyed when I actually take the time to actually get really invested into something, and then I just free-wheel about. It's nothing new, or anything that was caused by this ARG. Sorry that you had to put up with what whining I did do. (especially with the vote at the end.....I was an ass there. :( :oops: :cry: )
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:52 pm

Dana wrote:
eli_gone_crazy wrote:But yeah, did any of our.... gambits... get in the way of the goals you had set? :?

Your gambits actually made some of our goals more easily accessible :gurt:

For example, I had had that Morgan reficcing Moriarty script written for months. MONTHS. But events in the game were changing so that she wouldn't necessarily be so angry with him to do it...until Qara came up with the Sherlock Holmes gambit. I was 10000000 happy.

That was a team effort with me, actually. She came up with the idea and kept me up all night trying to create a specific plan with her. XD
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Val Reznitskaya on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:57 pm

You guys were really great. I do think that your paranoia got a little out of hand at times though. We were trying to give you guys the most fulfilling experience based on your actions, and that became harder when you kept hiding your conversations from us.

Also, it was great that you all became such a close group, but I can recall multiple occasions when consensus got in the way of progress. I, um, may have brought out my sock puppet on some of those occasions.
Val Reznitskaya
Puppetmaster

Postby Adell on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:58 pm

Val Reznitskaya wrote:You guys were really great. I do think that your paranoia got a little out of hand at times though. We were trying to give you guys the most fulfilling experience based on your actions, and that became harder when you kept hiding your conversations from us.

Also, it was great that you all became such a close group, but I can recall multiple occasions when consensus got in the way of progress. I, um, may have brought out my sock puppet on some of those occasions.

And we thank you for it, haha
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Tom on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:59 pm

The Qara/Sicon gambit allowed us to nest gambits at least three layers deep. That was tremendously cool.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Tom wrote:The Qara/Sicon gambit allowed us to nest gambits at least three layers deep. That was tremendously cool.

So I noticed. I TOLD people on the chat that all we had to do was set up the Moriarty trap with A and everything would come together, but THEY told me you guys would be mean and screw it over just for kicks.

Awesome job on that though. Watching all of the gambits pile up was so fun for me! ^_^
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Val Reznitskaya on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:02 pm

The gambit that got Gulliver refictionalized was cool too. We had fun with the fallout.
Val Reznitskaya
Puppetmaster

Postby Elizabeth Kays on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:06 pm

Speaking of paranoia, *cough cough* VOICEMAIL HACK *cough cough* ;) Although I respect your commitment to law and order in reality.
Elizabeth Kays
Puppetmaster

Postby Scarab on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:06 pm

Elizabeth Kays wrote:Speaking of paranoia, *cough cough* VOICEMAIL HACK *cough cough* ;) Although I respect your commitment to law and order in reality.

What can I say? We all had some pretty crazy immersion going on there ;)
Scarab

Postby Tohrinha on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:09 pm

Val Reznitskaya wrote:I do think that your paranoia got a little out of hand at times though. We were trying to give you guys the most fulfilling experience based on your actions, and that became harder when you kept hiding your conversations from us.

Sorry about my part in the secrecy. That was really a lack of using meta, getting too deep into the game.
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby Tom on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:12 pm

Don't worry about it, all is forgiven. The crazy things you guys did, you did cause you were immersed and invested. The crazy things we did, we did for drama.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby Connor Fallon on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:31 pm

There was that bit where people suddenly believed we had logs of information we had collected about them. That gave me a heart attack.

You were not supposed to know about that. (But really we didn't, and that's why the fact that you thought we did was so freaky)
Design Lead
@ConnorEFallon
Connor Fallon
Puppetmaster

Postby Dana on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:32 pm

Yeah, I genuinely just remembered Dryu's name from writing as the Witch. Didn't mean to be a creeper.
Dana
Puppetmaster

Postby Scarab on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:33 pm

Connor Fallon wrote:There was that bit where people suddenly believed we had logs of information we had collected about them. That gave me a heart attack.

You were not supposed to know about that. (But really we didn't, and that's why the fact that you thought we did was so freaky)

*Facepalm* Sorry, blame the paranoia.
Scarab

Postby Connor Fallon on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:33 pm

The most annoying thing about that was that Dana got to do an AMA as a result! I wanted to do an AMA D= Lurking in the shadows is painfullll
Design Lead
@ConnorEFallon
Connor Fallon
Puppetmaster

Next

Return to General