GM song

This is for the discussion of topics not covered by the other categories, as well as the Leads Discussion.

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

GM song

Postby Adell on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:26 am

When are the gm's gonna sing US a song? :gurt:
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Re: GM song

Postby Connor Fallon on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:28 am

...We thought about it. I started writing one that was sinister based off "Be Prepared," but I never finished it.
Design Lead
@ConnorEFallon
Connor Fallon
Puppetmaster

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:28 am

Connor Fallon wrote:...We thought about it. I started writing one that was sinister based off "Be Prepared," but I never finished it.

DO IT.
:shock:
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Adell on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:28 am

Connor Fallon wrote:...We thought about it. I started writing one that was sinister based off "Be Prepared," but I never finished it.

Connor, that sounds awesome.

we have song writing metaguards en mass, they can HELP YOU (write it, anyway) :lol:
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Dana on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:29 am

We will...consider.
Dana
Puppetmaster

Postby Adell on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:29 am

Dana wrote:We will...consider.

Maybe is just a baby till it grows into a yes
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:30 am

What can we do to help the considering for the song end on a positive note?

I am so sorry for that pun
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Blurred_9L on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:33 am

Well, I'm sure many of us wouldn't mind singing another song... And we can force the other ones to sing :twisted:
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Adell on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:33 am

Blurred_9L wrote:

Well, I'm sure many of us wouldn't mind singing another song... And we can force the other ones to sing :twisted:

No Blur, this one is a GM song, it's for THEM to sing.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Blurred_9L on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:35 am

Adell wrote:
No Blur, this one is a GM song, it's for THEM to sing.

I was trying to encourage them :P

No need to bust me... and my fun. xD
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Rick Healey on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:36 am

Well, seeing as I knew all along who broke the Wall, I did write a song about Mr. Administrator... to the tune of "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch." I still need to tweak the lyrics a bit; a few spots are redundant. But I love that I started it with "You're a mean one, Mr. A/ In a trope, you are a Heel!"

Well, unless you just want to do karaoke with me. I'm always up for that. I do a killer rendition of "Bad Romance."
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Ben Plante on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:46 am

I'm in if we decide to do this.
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ben.plante.5 Twitter @blinus42
"Of course it's all happening inside your head. But why on Earth should that mean it's not real?"~Albus Dumbledore
"FINE! I'm naive! ...But I'm not wrong."~Tenma Kenzou
Ben Plante
Puppetmaster

Postby Bill Cohen on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:07 am

I'm in :)
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Bill Cohen
Puppetmaster

Postby Scarab on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:12 am

The tone of this thread pleases me greatly :D

Be Prepared? Frickin' fantastic. You HAVE to finish that one (pretty please, with cherries).
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:46 am

Rick Healey wrote:Well, seeing as I knew all along who broke the Wall, I did write a song about Mr. Administrator... to the tune of "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch." I still need to tweak the lyrics a bit; a few spots are redundant. But I love that I started it with "You're a mean one, Mr. A/ In a trope, you are a Heel!"

DAMNIT RICK XD
I CAME UP WITH THAT EXACT SAME IDEA, WITH THE EXACT SAME TITLE D:
Ask Adell or Qara if you don't believe me :P
RotavatoR wrote:You're a mean one, Mr A
And you're really freaking tall.
Your face is really scary and you don't like the Cabal
MR AAAA-HAAA.
RotavatoR

Postby Sophira on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:43 am

I'm in.

(I was the one who edited the Metaguards song for the end credits, with full permission from Scarab. Scarab actually sent a PM to all the participants in the song regarding the edits I'd made, because I had talked with Scarab and we both agreed that we really needed permission from people for this. Had anybody said they weren't happy with their parts being edited, I'd have used the original parts for them that they recorded.)
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby Rick Healey on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:23 pm

I remember that Sophie and I, at the very least, discussed doing our own version of the Metaguard song and recording it as a bonus. I'm still kind of torn as to whether we should be doing our own thing or that close of an homage.

That said, I do sing a slightly different version of the chorus, an octave lower and much more sinister. I might just save that for a meet-up, though.
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:24 pm

Rick Healey wrote:I remember that Sophie and I, at the very least, discussed doing our own version of the Metaguard song and recording it as a bonus. I'm still kind of torn as to whether we should be doing our own thing or that close of an homage.

That said, I do sing a slightly different version of the chorus, an octave lower and much more sinister. I might just save that for a meet-up, though.

You misspelt bonsus :P
Also, could you comment on my post before this one?
RotavatoR

Postby Connor Fallon on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:09 pm

RotavatoR wrote:
Rick Healey wrote:I remember that Sophie and I, at the very least, discussed doing our own version of the Metaguard song and recording it as a bonus. I'm still kind of torn as to whether we should be doing our own thing or that close of an homage.

Tears in my eyes. Beautiful.
Design Lead
@ConnorEFallon
Connor Fallon
Puppetmaster

Postby Rick Healey on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:10 pm

RotavatoR wrote:

Uh... I don't really have one...
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Ben Plante on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:12 pm

If anyone wants to put together a lyrics sheet for Be Prepared TWWF version, I'd LOVE to do Scar's part, I'm good at the sorta speaking/singing (but suck at real singing), and all of my VA stuff I've done in the past have been villains.
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ben.plante.5 Twitter @blinus42
"Of course it's all happening inside your head. But why on Earth should that mean it's not real?"~Albus Dumbledore
"FINE! I'm naive! ...But I'm not wrong."~Tenma Kenzou
Ben Plante
Puppetmaster

Postby Val Reznitskaya on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:16 pm

I don't think you guys want to hear me sing.

...Let's just say that if saving Adell through singing were up to me, he'd have died several times over. >>;
Val Reznitskaya
Puppetmaster

Postby Guyshane on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:17 pm

Val Reznitskaya wrote:I don't think you guys want to hear me sing.

...Let's just say that if saving Adell through singing were up to me, he'd have died several times over. >>;

You heard my singing for Make a Metaguard out of you. I was not good. No one will judge you f your singing is bad
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Scarab on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Guyshane wrote:
Val Reznitskaya wrote:I don't think you guys want to hear me sing.

You heard my singing for Make a Metaguard out of you. I was not good. No one will judge you f your singing is bad

Don't listen to him, guys, Well... okay LISTEN to him when he says nobody will judge you on bad singing because we won't, and it would be awesome to hear a track from you guys. But Guyshane did great and his line is in my opinion one of the best in the whole song.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Ben Plante wrote:If anyone wants to put together a lyrics sheet for Be Prepared TWWF version, I'd LOVE to do Scar's part, I'm good at the sorta speaking/singing (but suck at real singing), and all of my VA stuff I've done in the past have been villains.

*sigh* If nobody else writes this, I probably will at some point, because... yeah.
But I think it would be awesomer if the GM song had, y'know, GM input on the actual lines.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Next

Return to General