Random Tidbits that don't really fit anywhere

This is for the discussion of topics not covered by the other categories, as well as the Leads Discussion.

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

Re: Random Tidbits that don't really fit anywhere

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:13 pm

Scarab wrote:
Rick Healey wrote:... Damn it, you guys are all spoiling our plans for the sequel. :D

Well is it OUR fault for being highly intuitive people, the majority of whom got here via TV Tropes? ;)

Yes. But that's beside the exclamation point.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Rick Healey on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:35 am

I alluded to this in another thread, but a little tidbit for the fans of the Mother video game series...

This Cheshire Cat tweet is a multi-layered reference to the Bootstrapped Theme for the series, "Pollyanna (I Believe In You)". The most relevant lines are these:

You can call me Pollyanna
Say I'm crazy as a loon
I believe in silver linings
And that's why I believe in you

Cheshire wanted to be optimistic (and crazy), but he was so badly shaken that he couldn't bring himself to do it. But he wanted desperately to believe in you all.
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Victin on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:51 am

Rick Healey wrote:I alluded to this in another thread, but a little tidbit for the fans of the Mother video game series...

This Cheshire Cat tweet is a multi-layered reference to the Bootstrapped Theme for the series, "Pollyanna (I Believe In You)". The most relevant lines are these:

Say I'm crazy as a loon

Cheshire wanted to be optimistic (and crazy), but he was so badly shaken that he couldn't bring himself to do it. But he wanted desperately to believe in you all.

Wait a minute... If Cheshire canonically made that reference... That means that Cheshire is a geek... Doesn't it?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Scarab on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:41 am

Rick Healey wrote:I alluded to this in another thread, but a little tidbit for the fans of the Mother video game series...

Say I'm crazy as a loon

I know absolutely nothing about the Mother series (the more people talk about it, the more I think I really SHOULD)... except that song, which I discovered through, you guessed it, the heartwarming page of TV tropes. I'm gladthe craziest cat of all could have hope in just one thing at the end, and that one thing was us.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:36 am

Rick Healey wrote:This Cheshire Cat tweet is a multi-layered reference to the Bootstrapped Theme for the series, "Pollyanna (I Believe In You)". The most relevant lines are these:

Interesting. I remember that when I saw that tweet I immediately associated as a shout out to this Pollyanna. But then, it still fits the "can't be optimistic" meaning of the tweet. Didn't remember the Mother Series at the time for the craziness aspect of the tweet.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Rick Healey on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:37 am

Victin wrote:Wait a minute... If Cheshire canonically made that reference... That means that Cheshire is a geek... Doesn't it?

Not necessarily. Cheshire is the sort who'd be able to randomly summon appropriate quotes from the ether without even thinking about where they came from. Cheshire might be a geek.

That tweet was certainly written by a geek, though.

Scarab wrote: know absolutely nothing about the Mother series (the more people talk about it, the more I think I really SHOULD)... except that song, which I discovered through, you guessed it, the heartwarming page of TV tropes. I'm gladthe craziest cat of all could have hope in just one thing at the end, and that one thing was us.

The only thing that had the power to stop Cthulhu was The Power Of Friendship.
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby The Finch on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:30 am

Did I cause anything to happen?
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Tom on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:23 pm

Almost certainly. That's a really general question, though, and I don't have every event memorized, so it's really hard to answer. What storylines did you comment on / interact with?
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby The Finch on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:07 am

Tom wrote:Almost certainly. That's a really general question, though, and I don't have every event memorized, so it's really hard to answer. What storylines did you comment on / interact with?

I commented on Quixote's, Cheshire's riddles, Romeo and Juliet's storyline, Adam's (specifically if I could get a copy of the play he wrote sent to my email), Mr. A/Joe's/Ed's story lines, Peter's, and LJS/Gulliver's story lines.

On the forum, I, with the help from Adell, created the official WWF Drinking game. I also created the Tram of thought, the MLP thread, and participated in the Coffee Room and the 1st RPG. I also tried to get rid of the spambots with a "Stop the Spam" campaign which S_o_S joined (Thanks for your help, sir/madam), which eventually lead to the new moderators. Also, I correctly guessed that there was something different with Sayu-chan, along with Zup, and I wrote the conversations in the chat room that caused both the Element Day and the TRAM events.

Dang, I did do a lot.
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Tom on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:26 pm

I think you answered your own question :D

I can also confirm that R&J's storyline, and Adam's, were very sensitive to player feedback because the emotional health of the characters depended on it. So by commenting there, you couldn't have not affected things. And Cheshire's riddles obviously advanced the story.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Previous

Return to General