Tara Coulson

"Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind."

[Refictionalized 12 Dec 2012]

Re: Tara Coulson

Postby Victin on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:34 pm

I mean, maybe Quixote fell in love with her, that's why he is so ashamed at looking at her blog.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:39 pm

Victin wrote:I mean, maybe Quixote fell in love with her, that's why he is so ashamed at looking at her blog.

He kind of admitted to that after comparing her to Dulcineia... But reacted in an "I'm doing this for Tripky and won't fall to temptation!"... We all know how that goes...
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Zup on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:20 pm

Have we figured out who Hope and Mann are? There have been clues, kind of. Hope scratches at his head a lot, really hard apparently. Do you think Tripky is one of them? In fact, she mentions that Mann has lost his phone and asks her where it is. It seems that Mann is in fact Tripky.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:24 pm

Zup wrote:Have we figured out who Hope and Mann are? There have been clues, kind of. Hope scratches at his head a lot, really hard apparently. Do you think Tripky is one of them? In fact, she mentions that Mann has lost his phone and asks her where it is. It seems that Mann is in fact Tripky.

Yes we're pretty sure that's the case at this point, I think we're just trying to figure out what to DO about it...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Zup on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:36 pm

Obviously we tell Quixote that Tripkey (Shock! Horror!) is actually a dastardly villian and that this Tara Coulson is a damsel he needs to protect at all costs. This of course, will likely backfire spectacularly.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:37 pm

Zup wrote:Obviously we tell Quixote that Tripkey (Shock! Horror!) is actually a dastardly villian and that this Tara Coulson is a damsel he needs to protect at all costs. This of course, will likely backfire spectacularly.

We tried telling him Tripky was a villain. No dice.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Zup on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:39 pm

Foiled again! :D /how about just telling him that Tara needs protecting/rescuing? Not even hinting that Tripkey's the guy he's protecting her from?
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Dekso on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:41 pm

Zup wrote:Foiled again! :D /how about just telling him that Tara needs protecting/rescuing? Not even hinting that Tripkey's the guy he's protecting her from?

No we tried that as well, he won't do anything unless she tells him directly.
Dekso

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:01 pm

And she probably won't pay any attention to him because she's had it up to here with kooks, and she's also not taking personal calls at work which means he probably can't reach her with Techno.

I really don't know where to go with this one until he interacts with her directly. Then we'll have a little more information to go on.
JackAlsworth

Postby Zup on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:20 pm

Holy crap, her blog updated. They hacked it again. Threatening.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Victin on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Wait, why don't we link her to Quixote's twitter?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Zup on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:22 pm

Victin wrote:Wait, why don't we link her to Quixote's twitter?

Go ahead and try it.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Victin on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:25 pm

Zup wrote:

Go ahead and try it.

Okay, but what exactly I can say? I'm not as good as the others, I might freak her out or something.
Victin

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:30 pm

Zup wrote:Holy crap, her blog updated. They hacked it again. Threatening.

I don't know if this was mentioned before. Admittedly, I haven't been following Coulson's blog that well or the discussions surrounding her, but this thought just occurred to me. Who else do we know likes to hack people? That's right. Could there be a connection between these stalkers and the cabal?
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Victin on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:32 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:

I don't know if this was mentioned before. Admittedly, I haven't been following Coulson's blog that well or the discussions surrounding her, but this thought just occurred to me. Who else do we know likes to hack people? That's right. Could there be a connection between these stalkers and the cabal?

I thought of that, but I couldn't think of anything explicit.
Victin

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Possibly. If they're willing to threaten Joan for giving Sweeney Therapy, they might be willing to do the same to Tara for similarly tame actions. However I'm not aware of any fictionals she's actively interacting with, and she was getting hacked before Quixote was in the picture.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:33 pm

13 days

...This confirms the "something is going to go down on Halloween" hypothesis.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Zup on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:33 pm

I'm not sure they're connected to the cabal, but it is a decent theory. Jeff Hope in particular sounds strange (always scratching his head...?) and they definitely have the creepy vibe down.

Victin, just write as if you are concerned for her. Be natural. By trying too hard to be clever, we often make mistakes.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Zup on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:34 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:
13 days

Yeah, and it likely can't be stopped. But we can do our best to help, and I think that figuring out what's on those broken disks might be good.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:45 pm

Didn't we?

And she was first hacked on 5th of September. WTF began on 9th, and I don't think Cabal would have the time for that. Angelus has only made his first post when the first letter came. Unless there is some hacker character involved, I don't think there is a connection.

AND
hopemann~ wrote:changing passwords ain’t gonna work b****, it’s not like we’re guessing. we have our ways.

That's quite a broad statement. For some reason I thought he was friends with the admin, or something. :?

UPD: ...or they could hire Tripky, just like for making photos, which I've suggested. :| Makes sense, too.
Last edited by Dryunya on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:13 am

narrativedilettante wrote:
13 days

And, by the way, it's not the first time they mention it.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:54 pm

Quixote wanted her address. Dryuna and I gave him the Arbys one. Should we also mention the Loverose apartments, across from the Starsight?
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Paradox on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is Quixote aware of the fact that he only seems to have thirteen days to find her?

If not, should we make sure he knows?
It may serve to help focus him more perhaps?
Paradox

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:18 pm

Paradox wrote:Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is Quixote aware of the fact that he only seems to have thirteen days to find her?

It's worth a shot, though it's probably less by now. Remember, it happens on Halloween. Also, Quixote doesn't seem to be fond of using any of the information found on her blog, so he may not accept that kind of information, unless you don't mention where it came from.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Paradox on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:46 pm

Paradox wrote:Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is Quixote aware of the fact that he only seems to have thirteen days to find her?

It's worth a shot, though it's probably less by now. Remember, it happens on Halloween. Also, Quixote doesn't seem to be fond of using any of the information found on her blog, so he may not accept that kind of information, unless you don't mention where it came from.

Okay, I did so.
It doesn't quite help him find her, but at least we should know that he knows he has to be quick about his search.
Paradox

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Don Quixote