Deanna Who

"Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind."

[Refictionalized 12 Dec 2012]

Re: Deanna Who

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:21 am

We DEFINITELY need to STOP HER AT ONCE!

She's killed Tara ( sort of), and now she's blasted Quixote and crippled him for LIFE!

THE NEXT THING YOU KNOW, SHE'LL HAVE KILLED POIROT!

WE MUST STOP THIS RAVING MANIAC WITH A GUN BEFORE SHE MURDERS THE FICTIONALS!
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Dryunya on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:58 am

She had been "entertaining" Quixote with her own Riddle Time.
Recap:
  1. She chose Hackins as her nickname because she hacks blogs, Tara's in particular.
  2. Her real name is Jennifer Cooney.
  3. "Question three, It is my reason for doing what I do. It can bestow Immortality. It's what you will find in the suit man's void. The answer to those three statements in question 3 is the same one word answer. What is it?" Answer (wait for it): "Congrats to... ...Don Quixote. You said 'I've got nothing'. Nothing was the answer." And when called out on it, she said "You misinterpret the meaning". I think she wants to destroy the universe.
  4. On Braddock Foreman (he taught Quixote to use the phone, and wants to meet him tomorrow): "He is the only one who ever believed me when I was younger, believed the things I said." She also said she wouldn't harm him, no matter what.
  5. One more thing. She reacted to his tweets. She does read him. Now that we have her name, I'll look thought his followers again.

Considering that she willingly shared information about herself, she is either:
  1. lying,
  2. wants to manipulate us with that, or
  3. batshit insane.

Her "in particular" makes me think that she may have taken part in Cabal's attack as well. She did mention that they know her.
My current plan is to google her name.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Dryunya on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:09 am

All right. Here's the compilation of Quixote's readers after some sanity checks:
https://twitter.com/ROG_SOS19 (Unlikely; came in about a comple of weeks ago, probably along with Jester)
https://twitter.com/Just3Observing (Stays silent, only follows the important characters. Omnious)
https://twitter.com/Black17Ruth (Seems to be a player, but starts with a creepy tweet in the middle of October, and all her tweets are directed to Quixote)
https://twitter.com/Guidonian_Hand (Like Just3Observing, but also follows TV Tropes, and seems foreign)
https://twitter.com/AlastorStrava (Unlikely, but his account info references Jester's plot (unless he was referencing someone else himself).)
https://twitter.com/EchoofAria (Follows a lot of other people - not very likely)
https://twitter.com/slpolaris (Seems to follow lots of ARGs)
https://twitter.com/CaseyShields9 (His account info would be pretty out of character for Deanna)
https://twitter.com/MeiLindroos (Locked tweets. Seriously? Also has a blog started sometime in April. The posts are pretty ambiguous, but no batshit vibes. Probably not related after all, but who knows?)
https://twitter.com/AJokeWinks (Locked tweets. Absolutely zero information.)

Don't know what to do with these yet.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:20 am

You are amazing, Dryu.
aaaaaand a google search on "Jennifer Cooney" is useless because there are apparently a million different people with that name. Ah, well-- it was worth a try.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:40 am

Dryunya wrote:All right. Here's the compilation of Quixote's readers after some sanity checks:
https://twitter.com/ROG_SOS19 (Unlikely; came in about a comple of weeks ago, probably along with Jester)
https://twitter.com/Just3Observing (Stays silent, only follows the important characters. Omnious)
https://twitter.com/Black17Ruth (Seems to be a player, but starts with a creepy tweet in the middle of October, and all her tweets are directed to Quixote)
https://twitter.com/Guidonian_Hand (Like Just3Observing, but also follows TV Tropes, and seems foreign)
https://twitter.com/AlastorStrava (Unlikely, but his account info references Jester's plot (unless he was referencing someone else himself).)
https://twitter.com/EchoofAria (Follows a lot of other people - not very likely)
https://twitter.com/slpolaris (Seems to follow lots of ARGs)
https://twitter.com/CaseyShields9 (His account info would be pretty out of character for Deanna)
https://twitter.com/MeiLindroos (Locked tweets. Seriously? Also has a blog started sometime in April. The posts are pretty ambiguous, but no batshit vibes. Probably not related after all, but who knows?)
https://twitter.com/AJokeWinks (Locked tweets. Absolutely zero information.)

Don't know what to do with these yet.

Excel work, Dryu! I really think these should be posted in their own thread somewhere so as to be more visible. Then we can start looking for more patterns.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:38 pm

Moved to Don Q's section.
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:50 pm

...I guess as of this there's no use keeping it secret any longer.

For those of you who were baffled by that tweet, Dryu came up with a brilliant plan of using new twitter accounts and You Just Told Me to find Deanna, who, based on a tweet from Dana, we believed was following Quixote on twitter.

Dryu and I took full responsibility for this plan, though we enlisted a few innocent metaguards to help in creating twitter accounts from which to send the messages-- which we made sure to keep non-threatening and easy to recognize as relating to the ARG, if the person we tweeted was just someone following Quixote and not Deanna (we didn't message everyone following him; just the ones who seemed to be doing nothing else with their account BUT following him).

Turns out it was the wrong way to go about it, though. I hope Dryu and I haven't brought a horde of angry GMs upon ourselves.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:...I guess as of this there's no use keeping it secret any longer.

For those of you who were baffled by that tweet, Dryu came up with a brilliant plan of using new twitter accounts and You Just Told Me to find Deanna, who, based on a tweet from Dana, we believed was following Quixote on twitter.

Dryu and I took full responsibility for this plan, though we enlisted a few innocent metaguards to help in creating twitter accounts from which to send the messages-- which we made sure to keep non-threatening and easy to recognize as relating to the ARG, if the person we tweeted was just someone following Quixote and not Deanna (we didn't message everyone following him; just the ones who seemed to be doing nothing else with their account BUT following him).

Turns out it was the wrong way to go about it, though. I hope Dryu and I haven't brought a horde of angry GMs upon ourselves.

Mistakes happen, love, no worries. I've apologised to my own guy/woman about it, at any rate (although he or she probably realised it was part of the game.) I'm starting to wonder if we should perhaps have a meta list somewhere of the stuff we probably ought not to do in this game, since the rules change on each occassion (for example breaking into the voicemail was obviously set up by the GMS and MEANT to be doable and perfectly legal in spite of the Real World ramifications of such a thing, but other times it's less clear who is invovled and who isn't.)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Greyscale on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:31 pm

Don't beat yourselves up. In a game that blurs the line between fiction and reality, not just as a game mechanic but a plot device, mistakes are bound to be made. It's ok. :)
Greyscale

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:23 pm

Dana's provided some clarification on Twitter.

Guys, FYI, I give out ZERO hints on this account.

And

(Also, before I gave in and made myself a Twitter account, I followed various people just by refreshing their page. #twitterhack)

This is something that had occurred to me. Unless a Twitter account is protected, it can be viewed by anyone, regardless of whether they have accounts of their own. It's entirely possible that Deanna just has Quixote's Twitter bookmarked.

And it seems the lesson here is not to read too much into anything Dana or Tom says on Twitter.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:34 pm

There is something valuable we've learned here, Dil.

We know that Dana (or some other GM) saw my post above, explaining my and Dryu's thought processes.

...And once again I earn my status of being Properly Paranoid for thinking that everything we post here WILL be seen.
Next person to complain when I insist on doing secret planning via private chat in the chatroom, I win.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:48 pm

What we DID learn is that there really is a GM spy in teh chats. :?
(And, by extension, on the forums.)

Also, I didn't really get the idea from Dana's tweet. Just saying.
And, if Deanna reads Quixote by updating the page every five seconds... :| ...she's probably very dedicated. :D
Dryunya

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:55 pm

Actually, No.

Dryu, If you do read the logs I told Qara how the GMs got wind of it. I won't retype it here just so I don't give an excuse in case I was wrong... But, I don't believe there's a spy in the chat, at least not full time reading everything.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:11 pm

Back to the topic of discovering Deanna, another clue.

Also, there is this about fictionalthreat.
Nothing outright, but it implies there's something to BE confirmed, at some point in the future... which means we should keep our heads cracking about who he might be.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:36 pm

So, maybe she wants to go beyond the wall.
...that contradicts her motive to murder fictionals, and her reason of "Nothing". But that would automatically make her the Big Bad, as she'd have a reason to break the wall, so that she could cross it.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:40 pm

Maybe she DID break it, but it didn't have the result she wanted it to (i.e., allow her to cross in the other direction), so she resolved to KILL ALL EVIDENCE of her mistake.

...Okay, I'll plant the rest of the epileptic trees in my NaNo now. Sorry.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:41 pm

Maybe she HAS moved beyond the wall, or done something along those lines, and a fictional betrayed her, causing her to seek revenge upon all fictionals.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Dryunya on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:44 pm

WMG: she's a character from metafiction. :shock:
Nah. Unless so is Braddock, and that would be unlikely.
Dryunya

Postby Dryunya on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:24 am

Ok. We've had a HUGE update about her. Check the twitter or the timeline for details.
  1. She actually DOES seem to be batshit insane.
  2. At 18, she lost her Imaginary Friends (who actually told things to her that she couldn't know - like that Brad was dating her sister).
  3. After being released from the mental hospital, she moved to Seattle and took a new name.
  4. Her sister (Brad's girlfriend) happened to die several months after, but she had an alibi - a photoshoot with Mann.
  5. Brad later tried to find her, but she found him instead, and (at gunpoint) demanded to help her with her plan. So he planted the phone (that was rigged to point at Tripky's inn) and taught Quixote how to use it.
  6. She promised to kill Brad on 12th (his birthday). Even though she promised not to.
So, we have less than a week to find her. Quixote told us to review Tara's video. Wacky has already pointed to the calendar (which Quixote said wasn't there when they searched the apartment).

P.S. We had a WMG in chat that she could be manipulated by a particularly strong fictite through the wall.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:32 am

Dryunya wrote:Ok. We've had a HUGE update about her. Check the twitter or the timeline for details.
  1. She actually DOES seem to be batshit insane.
  2. At 18, she lost her Imaginary Friends (who actually told things to her that she couldn't know - like that Brad was dating her sister).
  3. After being released from the mental hospital, she moved to Seattle and took a new name.
  4. Her sister (Brad's girlfriend) happened to die several months after, but she had an alibi - a photoshoot with Mann.
  5. Brad later tried to find her, but she found him instead, and (at gunpoint) demanded to help her with her plan. So he planted the phone (that was rigged to point at Tripky's inn) and taught Quixote how to use it.
  6. She promised to kill Brad on 12th (his birthday). Even though she promised not to.
So, we have less than a week to find her. Quixote told us to review Tara's video. Wacky has already pointed to the calendar (which Quixote said wasn't there when they searched the apartment).

P.S. We had a WMG in chat that she could be manipulated by a particularly strong fictite through the wall.

Wow, I actually feel a little sorry for the woman. I mean, it's entirely possible she DOES have schizophrenia, but... for the hallcunations to just END when she hit a certain age? Unless she started recieving chemical treatment around that time, I don't think Schizophrenia works that way.

What on earth happened to her? he WMG that she could be being manipulated... well I guess it's possible, but surely that would mean fictionals have been showing up here for a lot, LOT longer than we believed? And if so then who? And what? What could have manipulated a person for so long, and for what end?

Hell there's a trope about it and everything, right? Fictional characters showing up in the real world? Except they're USUALLY just being shifted from one fiction into another.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:15 am

...Something about this is bugging me in the same way Umineko bugged me. I can't quite figure it out, but there is SOMETHING about this I'm missing. Look, I'll come back in a few hours after I get more sleep and try to think this through then.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:21 am

Sicon112 wrote:...Something about this is bugging me in the same way Umineko bugged me. I can't quite figure it out, but there is SOMETHING about this I'm missing. Look, I'll come back in a few hours after I get more sleep and try to think this through then.

WMG: Brad's a fictional, one of the first to arrive in this world. :lol:
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:35 am

Sicon112 wrote:...Something about this is bugging me in the same way Umineko bugged me. I can't quite figure it out, but there is SOMETHING about this I'm missing. Look, I'll come back in a few hours after I get more sleep and try to think this through then.

Same feeling (except I just woke up, so I don't have sleep to figure it out).
We're missing some key information here, or it just doesn't make sense. Magic doesn't work in the real world, which means there's something Brad (and therefore we) doesn't know. Something that will make it all click into place. (Still, I TOTALLY called that she's completely CRAZY... but that doesn't really help).

Also, Scarab, note that her delusions did not completely stop after she turned 18-- just thinned a lot.

I'm going to trawl Tara's blog for anything that could be anything, but what we need to save Brad's life is probably in the video.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:39 am

Well, considering her late messages about doing the Will of God, then that she was lying about it and then that we're being decevied by someone ;choughMrAchough; and all that I guess the only thing we can take from her is that she's a piece of the Broken Base plot... A really really weak piece. Trolling will get her nothing.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:58 am

Just checked; absolutely nothing on Tara's blog (assuming Sydeline Works isn't it, since we've already looked into that a little).

Time for the video, then.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Don Quixote