Deanna Who

"Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind."

[Refictionalized 12 Dec 2012]

Deanna Who

Postby Dryunya on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:15 am

Deanna Hackins clearly had enough spotlight to make this thread.
So, everything we know about her is from Don Quixote. She doesn't seem to follow his twitter, as she sends him text messages (and follows him IRL).

The following is more or less a compilation of her mentions by Quixote:

1. She called him on his phone when he was leaving Tripky's on 15th October. She refused to tell any sensitive information over the phone. Also, I think this is foreshadowing.
  2. She said she stole the phone from Tripky when she tried to find her mother's photos he took, and later threw it away (I believe that now we can say "conveniently placed nearby").
  3. After their conversation, Quixote went to visit Tripky again. There was no one, "just as Deanna predicted" - Tripky left in a hurry. Somebody was watching Quixote from the outside. Inside, Quixote tried to find a memory card with Hackins' mother's photos (or what's left of it, as there were a lot of memory card pieces), but failed.
  4. Deanna claimed Tripky ruined her family, and was probably responsible for more.
  5. She only messaged him about 10 days later, when he was chased by the police on his way to Tara: "Not to worry, it's all proceeding as it should."
  6. After he tweeted that he'll meet Holmes to investigate Tara's death:
    1. When he said he was about to meet Holmes, she texted that she was happy to hear it.
    2. "I wonder why you didn't find my SD card". At this point, Quixote suspected there was no Hackins' card to begin with.
    3. "I won't disturb your meeting tomorrow."
  7. During their meeting: "I was watching your meeting."
  8. At the zoo:
    1. After he made peace with Loverose: "How sweet, making friends".
    2. After Binky ran away: "Oh sorry, a smacked your horse and got it to run."
  9. After he tweeted they were going to investigate Mann's apartment: "Curtain Rod. Hope this helps." A bit later: "I look forward to the deductions you two come up with. Really, Poirot would've done as well, but Holmes is fine."
  10. When Holmes found the sniper rifle: "Sniper Rifle? You sure hun?"
  11. When Jeff was caught: "Well done... so far..."
  12. Right when Quixote suspected Mann as the shooter: "Very smart correctly understanding it was Tripky/Mann... all according to plan." A little later: "You can find Tripky back at his old Tripky Inn tomorrow night." "You fictionals. So much fun."
  13. "I'm done with the Cabal! Forget them! I have another source of fictionals..." "I'm done trying to get in contact with the Cabal. They know better than to mess with me anyway."
  14. 3 hours later: "Tomorrow night, my teacher will know how far I am willing to go against fictionals."

The latest tweets place her straight into High Octane Nightmare Fuel territory. She is going to take some action tonight.
It was already mentioned that she is with the Tinfoil Hat guy, but in that case, what is her plan if she doesn't just kill them all? Why isn't she intercepting the characters, as she has all the materials we do (it is safe to assume that she reads our forum)?
It just makes no sense, and I'm afraid we won't be able to make any until she does irreparable damage. :evil:

UPD: And so she did. Recap of Quixote's meeting with Tripky:
  1. Deanna is not her real name, giving Deanna Who a whole new meaning.
  2. She ran the shady photography business with Tripky.
  3. She made Tripky kill Tara to bait Quixote and Holmes. There was no ruined family, and Tripky left his inn on her command. He didn't want to come too far, and tried to warn Tara. He considers Deanna crazy even for his measure.
  4. She hacked the blog. Quixote was the "critical piece".
  5. Once more, he mentioned her "teacher". 100%, it's the Tinfoil Hat guy.
  6. Finally, Tripky said that Tara knew her address - that's where one of the photoshoots took place.
  7. And then she shot both Quixote and Tripky. The latter died.

UPD2:
She had been "entertaining" Quixote with her own Riddle Time.
Recap:
  1. She chose Hackins as her nickname because she hacks blogs, Tara's in particular.
  2. Her real name is Jennifer Cooney.
  3. "Question three, It is my reason for doing what I do. It can bestow Immortality. It's what you will find in the suit man's void. The answer to those three statements in question 3 is the same one word answer. What is it?" Answer (wait for it): "Congrats to... ...Don Quixote. You said 'I've got nothing'. Nothing was the answer." And when called out on it, she said "You misinterpret the meaning". I think she wants to destroy the universe.
  4. On Braddock Foreman (he taught Quixote to use the phone, and wants to meet him tomorrow): "He is the only one who ever believed me when I was younger, believed the things I said." She also said she wouldn't harm him, no matter what.
  5. One more thing. She reacted to his tweets. She does read him. Now that we have her name, I'll look thought his followers again.

Discussion below.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Re: Deanna Who

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:09 am

Soooooo.... Her teacher created the fictional threat site. And now she wants tokill all the fictionals?
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby S_o_S on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:44 am

Posted this in the Cabal thread before I saw this, but we may have a mutual enemy in her, depending on her motivations. Could prove to be common ground for talks.

I would like to suggest that we try to extract some information about her from Erik. He's already proven to be the most willing to discuss things with us, and with the recent open letter thread, he may well be more willing to negotiate.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Scarab on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:29 pm

S_o_S wrote:Posted this in the Cabal thread before I saw this, but we may have a mutual enemy in her, depending on her motivations. Could prove to be common ground for talks.

I would like to suggest that we try to extract some information about her from Erik. He's already proven to be the most willing to discuss things with us, and with the recent open letter thread, he may well be more willing to negotiate.

This sounds like a wise idea.

I don't know, whoever this person is, she's certainly thrown FictionalThreat into the light again, and just because she SOUNDS a lot more rational and coherent than that guy, doesn't mean she is. Craziness comes in all forms...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:29 am

All right. Deanna was at the location of one of Tara's photoshoots.

And what do we have here?
I know, it may be not the location we seek, but her blog makes it sound like Mann was her first photographer, and the one in the link was the only one after him. Also, Conservation Of Detail.

Now, let's try to get her plan straight.
She left a phone for Quixote. Somehow (how?) made it so that he found Tripky. After that, met him in person and set him up against Tripky. When Tara got worried, she hired Holmes. The murder was set up to lure both Quixote and Holmes, and killing Tripky was a bonus (He Knows Too Much).

This plan just... doesn't make any sense. First, how would she know that Holmes would come? Second, when Holmes came to investigate Quixote, why did she still need to kill Tara? Why didn't she let Holmes leave? I just don't get it.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby JRPictures on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:45 am

This is getting complicated.

I'm not sure what to make of it.

But we definitely need to defeat her and maybe the teacher.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:46 am

Dryunya wrote:All right. Deanna was at the location of one of Tara's photoshoots.

And what do we have here?
I know, it may be not the location we seek, but her blog makes it sound like Mann was her first photographer, and the one in the link was the only one after him. Also, Conservation Of Detail.

Now, let's try to get her plan straight.
She left a phone for Quixote. Somehow (how?) made it so that he found Tripky. After that, met him in person and set him up against Tripky. When Tara got worried, she hired Holmes. The murder was set up to lure both Quixote and Holmes, and killing Tripky was a bonus (He Knows Too Much).

This plan just... doesn't make any sense. First, how would she know that Holmes would come? Second, when Holmes came to investigate Quixote, why did she still need to kill Tara? Why didn't she let Holmes leave? I just don't get it.

As for the first question, it didn't have to be Holmes. She said she would've been happy with either Holmes or Poirot. It's not like she was targeting Holmes specifically, just as long as it was a fictional. And she probably knew that one of them would come because of conservation of detail. I mean, we suspect that plot tropes are now following these characters, so she would know that if Tara wanted to have Quixote investigated, she would've called one of the two fictional detectives out of narrative convenience. Yes, that would make her Dangerously Genre Saavy.

Either that, or she, or the teacher, is Holme's mysterious benefactor that told Holmes to take this case. I know we think it's the Administrator, but I don't think that's ever been confirmed.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:46 am

I don't think that photographer and Deanna have much to do with each other. I mean, it's a guy's name, and there was this huge gap between the first photo post and the post where she figures out Mann is evil. There was time for more photo shoots in between, so that could be what was referred to as well...

I dunno though. I'm sleep deprived and stressed. I'll think about it in the morning.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:08 am

Tripky didn't say that she was the photographer (given that she co-runs the shady photobusiness, it would make sense, though). He said she was at one of those locations. I know it's a stretch, but that's our only lead.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:19 am

Dryunya wrote:Tripky didn't say that she was the photographer (given that she co-runs the shady photobusiness, it would make sense, though). He said she was at one of those locations. I know it's a stretch, but that's our only lead.

Yeah, but it seems like Tara searched out a legit photo business. I mean, I assume she did. That or she was really stupid. Why would Deanna be at a photo shoot for someone else?

Well, maybe you are right. I gotta go to bed. Perhaps this will make sense in the morning.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:47 am

I think that, regardless of whether this is a lead on Deanna, conservation of detail means that Tara would only have mentioned the photography company on her blog if it's something we should look up.

And... a quick search on the studio gives me the impression that it is VERY sketchy (and, from the headings, NSFW, though I didn't bother to check the galleries), and got me some contact info: Studio address:

3020A Unionville Road
Cranberry Township, PA
16066-3408

Cell Phone:

412-585-2345

Email:

sydeline@gmail.com
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:10 am

Yeah, I did that just now. I have no idea why It didn't occure me to freaking google it earlier. :evil:
I need to do a timeline check on the site.

UPD: Yep, it's an actual living human. Which means it's a dead end. :evil:
UPD2: ...his studio is on the other side of the continent. Is it... ok? :|
Dryunya

Postby Dryunya on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:19 am

Guys. The tinfoil hat guy has updated.
He denies that Deanna is with him, and condemns her methods.

UPD: Why did he post it on the site?! :o If Deanna called him, he could say it in person... then why post it there? He isn't even trying to work with the public - otherwise there'd be comment section, or a mailslot, or whatever.
Dryunya

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Dryunya wrote:Yeah, I did that just now. I have no idea why It didn't occure me to freaking google it earlier. :evil:
I need to do a timeline check on the site.

UPD: Yep, it's an actual living human. Which means it's a dead end. :evil:
UPD2: ...his studio is on the other side of the continent. Is it... ok? :|

Ok, my thoughts on the studio. It's an actual photography studio, so likely not a part of the game. The GMs probably actually used them to get photographs taken for the ARG, and only put his name in Tara's blog as a way of giving him credit, not to put him into the ARG. I don't that Deanna is associated with this company, and I don't believe we should be bothering this man or his business. As Dryu said, it's a dead end.

I sent Holmes an e-mail about Deanna and everything we learned about her through Quixote's conversation with Tripky, so I believe we should wait for his follow up before taking any sort of action like calling up an actual photography studio.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Scarab on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:45 pm

BEWARE OF FALSE PROFITS AND THIER HAMFASTED SOLUTIONS!

...I thought this was the guy who wanted to kill Mister A?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:52 pm

Scarab wrote:

Apparently that doesn't extend to anyone else, even the fictionals. Deanna misunderstood that, like the rest of us.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Scarab on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:04 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
Scarab wrote:

Apparently that doesn't extend to anyone else, even the fictionals. Deanna misunderstood that, like the rest of us.

I guess so... man, I feel a little bad now. I mean, he's crazy as a loon, but at least he's not MURDEROUSLY crazy :(
Scarab

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:06 pm

That's always good.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Dryunya on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:10 pm

Apparently, we are at war now. She declared that she'd kill all the fictionals, and everyone who knew about them.
I'm still wondering how she'd kill us (meta, duh), but it's clear that it's about time I bring up what I said about gagging on the entrails.
...And one more thing: she is alone.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:17 pm

Dryunya wrote:Apparently, we are at war now. She declared that she'd kill all the fictionals, and everyone who knew about them.
I'm still wondering how she'd kill us (meta, duh), but it's clear that it's about time I bring up what I said about gagging on the entrails.
...And one more thing: she is alone.

A very good question. Maybe Don is right that soemthing must have happened to this woman to make her so angry with fictionals? Anger like that doesn't just come from nowhere even if you are completely nuts. There still has to be a trigger, something to set you off, however foolish that trigger may seem to others.

Whatever the case she needs psychological treatment... in a very wellsecured psychiatric unit. >.>
Scarab

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:18 pm

She now poses a danger to not only every fictional who's entered our reality, but to all of the metaguards as well. Though there's no way for her to track down and kill all of us (for more than just meta reasons), we have a very strong reason to stop her before she can hurt anyone else.

We need more information about her.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Dryunya on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:20 pm

We need some plan... But I don't know where to begin, considering that our only possible points of contact with her is Quixote and Tinfoil Hat guy, who isn't even in contact with us. But now that the site is officially mentioned, maybe he'll give us some data after all.
No matter how I hate having to interact with him... Desperate times, and all that. :evil:

Also, Sicon... I think it's your cue to try and manipulate Deanna through Quixote.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:16 pm

Dryunya wrote:We need some plan... But I don't know where to begin, considering that our only possible points of contact with her is Quixote and Tinfoil Hat guy, who isn't even in contact with us. But now that the site is officially mentioned, maybe he'll give us some data after all.
No matter how I hate having to interact with him... Desperate times, and all that. :evil:

Also, Sicon... I think it's your cue to try and manipulate Deanna through Quixote.

I still really wish we had a way to contact Tinfoil hat guy... if we could I'm sure they'd be able to provide us with Deanna's details and then we could confront her. I can't see any other way to do this.
Scarab

Postby S_o_S on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:37 pm

Not unless Erik sees my open letter to him... Oh God this is tense.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby JRPictures on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:20 am

Dryunya wrote:We need some plan... But I don't know where to begin, considering that our only possible points of contact with her is Quixote and Tinfoil Hat guy, who isn't even in contact with us. But now that the site is officially mentioned, maybe he'll give us some data after all.

YES SICON COME and be MANIPULATIVE. WE NEED YOU.

My god things got serious. We need to find her and stop her. We should contact other fictionals to find Quxiote and help him. That could be really good. If possible.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Don Quixote