Deanna's plan

"Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind."

[Refictionalized 12 Dec 2012]

Deanna's plan

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:42 pm

Ok. Quixote hasn't even finished, but we can already see her plan: she wants to break the wall.
She assumes that the reality would be wiped out by fiction, and she'd live on a blank slate. Being the only creature understanding how fiction works, she'd be a god.

I have no idea why she assumes she'd survive, but the last part of her plan makes perfect sense.

In short, she'll become a Reality Warper.

Discuss.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Re: Deanna's plan

Postby Victin on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:43 pm

That's bad.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:44 pm

I just want to say right now, that I totally called this, in a sense. I believed it would be a group of humans that ultimately want to destroy the wall. I didn't expect it to be just one person, and I didn't expect her to be this awesomely insane. :D
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Victin on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:45 pm

SHE IS GOING AFTER ZACK, I guess
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Scarab on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:48 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:I just want to say right now, that I totally called this, in a sense. I believed it would be a group of humans that ultimately want to destroy the wall. I didn't expect it to be just one person, and I didn't expect her to be this awesomely insane

I think a number of us called it, yeah. I mean we're TROPERS if we COULDN'T predict the results of a merging of fictional and reality, we wouldn't be very good at being metaguards :/

Makes sense for her, she hates reality, loves fiction. No wall means no boundary between reality and fiction, and Deanna in control of EVERYTHING. NO free will, no creativity that does not come from her. That's exactly what she wants. And possibly exactly what Mister A has been afraid of the whole time...

The power to create is an incredible thing, almost entirely unique to humans while imagination specifically IS unique to us. It's one of our greatest strengths. But NOBODY should have the kind of power we have over fiction in reality. The world is protected from our imaginations by the existence of the metaverse, the fact that every fiction we create CANNOT affect reality. Tropes are a way by which we define this seperation in our heads. The way we can tell the difference between what's real, and what's just a story. it's like we;ve been saying all along. Without the wall, and without that boundary created by tropes, analysis, theory, and the simple pages of a book, we can't tell the difference between the real and the unreal. The laws of reality break down completely.

...In short? If we don't stop this, we're fucked. And I need a goddamn cup of tea RIGHT now.
Last edited by Scarab on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Victin on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:49 pm

"That's all it says. This is why Brad ran to stop her. She said before his death, in just over 37 hours, will be the beginning of this plan." - DQ
*gulp*
Victin

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:51 pm

Can't WE enact her plan before she does? ^^ Just throwing the idea out there... One of us becomes a Reality Wraper... And... Well, its seems her insanity is contagious. :lol:
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:52 pm

Pixelmage wrote:Can't WE enact her plan before she does? ^^ Just throwing the idea out there... One of us becomes a Reality Wraper... And... Well, its seems her insanity is contagious. :lol:

But, whom?
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:52 pm

Scarab wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:I just want to say right now, that I totally called this, in a sense. I believed it would be a group of humans that ultimately want to destroy the wall. I didn't expect it to be just one person, and I didn't expect her to be this awesomely insane

I think a number of us called it, yeah. I mean we're TROPERS if we COULDN'T predict the results of a merging of fictional and reality, we wouldn't be very good at being metaguards :/

There were two major theories going on as to who the main villains were ultimately going to be. Mine was humans, but the more dominant one was monsters on the other side of the wall. As far as I knew, my human theory was the least popular.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Scarab on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:Can't WE enact her plan before she does? ^^ Just throwing the idea out there... One of us becomes a Reality Wraper... And... Well, its seems her insanity is contagious. :lol:

But, whom?

Nobody that's who! That kind of power should never be in the hands of one individual. At least not in reality. Frankly, as much as I like you guys I wouldn't trust ANY of us with that power: it's way too big for one person to hold, or even a group of people. Hence why Deanna is, you know, insane for even considering it? :?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:55 pm

Ah. In that case, we need to get to work on our refictionalization process, ASAP. The sooner the wall is fixed, the better.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:57 pm

I know... It's stupid to try to become a Reality Wraper... :( But I still kinda wanted to try...

On the thoeries, Human Wall Crashers was the least popular. Me, Wacky and a few more people sided with it. Sicon and Dryu disserted about both theories but didn't choose a side.
Pixelmage

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:00 pm

But we can only work so fast. We are NOT stationed everywhere. How do we work faster than we already are?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Victin on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:04 pm

IslaKariese wrote:But we can only work so fast. We are NOT stationed everywhere. How do we work faster than we already are?

More people.
Victin

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Kariese makes a very valid point.
If we need to send the ficties back as fast as possible to stop her plan, how is it possible for us to actually speed up what we're already doing?

The obvious idea would be recruit more people, but we have the geographical constraint... Even if I could bring 50 new guys here, unless they are in the Echo locations it wouldn't speed up the process at all.
Pixelmage

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:07 pm

Pixelmage wrote:Kariese makes a very valid point.
If we need to send the ficties back as fast as possible to stop her plan, how is it possible for us to actually speed up what we're already doing?

The obvious idea would be recruit more people, but we have the geographical constraint... Even if I could bring 50 new guys here, unless they are in the Echo locations it wouldn't speed up the process at all.

Unless we can recruit 50 new Batmans, that is, individuals with like a load of contacts, or are at least more skilled in talking to people from different places and getting them to help.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Scarab on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:08 pm

Pixelmage wrote:I know... It's stupid to try to become a Reality Wraper... But I still kinda wanted to try...

Of course you did. You're human. Wildly self destructive curiosity is practically our defining trope.

Okay so what we have here, is a completely insane woman out to completely control all of fiction AND reality by destroying the forth wall and killing Mister A, then taking his place? And the only thing standing in her way? A computer technician and Don Quixote. Who has a heart condition.

Yeah anybody else thinking the guys need BACK UP?
Scarab

Postby Victin on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:10 pm

Scarab wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:I know... It's stupid to try to become a Reality Wraper... But I still kinda wanted to try...

Of course you did. You're human. Wildly self destructive curiosity is practically our defining trope.

Okay so what we have here, is a completely insane woman out to completely control all of fiction AND reality by destroying the forth wall and killing Mister A, then taking his place? And the only thing standing in her way? A computer technician and Don Quixote. Who has a heart condition.

I do. What can we do?
Victin

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:10 pm

Moved.
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin

Postby Jeroic9 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:14 pm

Victin wrote:
Scarab wrote:

I do. What can we do?

We can hope that part of Deanna's theory is right, and that tropes are leaking into reality as well. if they are, Qiuxote may be able to pull off some Heroic Resolve. I've even tweeted "I Don Quixote" at him in case a Theme Music Powerup becomes necessary.
I wrote a book. Adding to the far side of the wall.
Jeroic9

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:16 pm

I'm still not sure what role Deanna plays in this. The one trying to take over the fourth wall is Jennifer, right?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Jeroic9 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:20 pm

IslaKariese wrote:I'm still not sure what role Deanna plays in this. The one trying to take over the fourth wall is Jennifer, right?

deanna is her fake name. Or I think that's how it goes. It's complicated, but kind of awesome when you think about it.
I wrote a book. Adding to the far side of the wall.
Jeroic9

Postby Krika on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:21 pm

Deanna was a fake name Jen used, and that we basically all call her out of habit at this point.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Postby Scarab on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:25 pm

IslaKariese wrote:I'm still not sure what role Deanna plays in this. The one trying to take over the fourth wall is Jennifer, right?

Wait, aren't they the same person? Or am I confused? I got a little distracted with all the heroics going on over here. Also, ponies.

Well. Don's off to save the world, it seems...he's bussing to the hotel, right?

The savior of the world ladies and gents. Utilising public transport. Now THAT'S heroic. :shock:
Scarab

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:25 pm

...oh. I really am out of the loop. Came in just in time to get the shitpiss scared out of me, it seems.
IslaKariese

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Don Quixote