Brad's Blog

"Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind."

[Refictionalized 12 Dec 2012]

Brad's Blog

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:56 pm

So, Brad has taken over Tara's blog, and despite his previous claims, he has posted more than once, and looks like he may continue to post on it some more. So I figured a new thread was required.

Most recently, Brad has revealed to us that Quixote is in bad health and only has about 3 weeks to live.

His most recent blog post

He wants to stay updated on the refictionalization process. I commented, but it's awaiting moderation.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Re: Brad's Blog

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:00 pm

Your comment's up now.
And I commented giving him a little more info about the echo.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:07 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Your comment's up now.

And as predicted, Brad is unable to help with finding the echo. It's up to us.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Scarab on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:37 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Your comment's up now.

And as predicted, Brad is unable to help with finding the echo. It's up to us.

Well we'd better move fast, three weeks only seems a long time from this end... :?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:38 pm

yeah so Brad just totally won a CMOH.
Anyone who wants to add that to our page, please go ahead, since I'll be a little busy for the next little while.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:41 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:yeah so Brad just totally won a CMOH.
Anyone who wants to add that to our page, please go ahead, since I'll be a little busy for the next little while.

I know right? He's kinda adorable. I hope we can reficitonalise that okay...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:05 pm

About refictionalizing though... I should probably take that to a dedicated thread, but since de Go-Ahead is still to come and the thread does not exist...

How do we go about the things he had vs. the things he has? He's got Rainbow Da- Binky. He got a cat, he plays video games like mere mortals like me dream we could... Sure, we should have him meet Sancho and Rocinante again, but... He's grown so much that I feel conflicted about cutting off pieces of his experience here to make him fit back in fiction...
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:22 pm

I think having him keep Binky might be a bit much, although maybe you could write a cool Binky-meeting-Rocinante thing. There are a lot of elements of his life here that could be incorporated into the story, and each person will have to make their own decisions about what to include in their stories. Hints and allusions might be called for when it comes to things like video games that wouldn't fit into Quixote's setting at all.

As for the picture Brad's giving him, I think we can pull that off fairly easily by just calling it a portrait of Quixote's friends. That way we don't have to imply the existence of photography in medieval Spain.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:30 pm

So Brad posted the picture he's going to give Quixote.
Someone who understands how these things are done should crop it and use it for Brad's character image, please.

Also Brad is the best-looking of any characters so far.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:15 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:So Brad posted the picture he's going to give Quixote.
Someone who understands how these things are done should crop it and use it for Brad's character image, please.

How the hell'd you get that so damn small!? That ain't right and you know it!
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:25 am

That isn't Tara's hand. And I don't see anyone behind them that is obviously photoboming them. Also it isn't in the traditional bunny ears (fingers spread slightly) the fingers are close together. Like a two
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:37 am

I have teh madskillz, Isla!

Also, isn't it kind of obvious that the cut-out person was Deanna (or Miranda)? Considering this is his graduation picture...

(Also we need to add Dawson Casting or something for that. Tara doesn't look any younger there than she does in her more recent pictures, and Brad definitely looks too old to be graduating high school.)

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby JRPictures on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:58 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:So Brad posted the picture he's going to give Quixote.

Hmm that's a lovely pic.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:04 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:I have teh madskillz, Isla!

Also, isn't it kind of obvious that the cut-out person was Deanna (or Miranda)? Considering this is his graduation picture...

(Also we need to add Dawson Casting or something for that. Tara doesn't look any younger there than she does in her more recent pictures, and Brad definitely looks too old to be graduating high school.)

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but where does it say that that's from a high school graduation? Could very well be college. Couldn't it?
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:09 am

Brad told us that it was his graduation picture. WHY would he LIE to us? (I'd find the link now but I have to finish this essay. Someone feel free to ninja me with it.)

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:18 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Brad told us that it was his graduation picture. WHY would he LIE to us? (I'd find the link now but I have to finish this essay. Someone feel free to ninja me with it.)

Again, why not college? College has graduations too. I should know. I've been to one.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:22 am

Edit: Never mind. You are right, Wacky. I have brainfuzz. Forget all I have said. EVER.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:14 am

As I pointed out on Xana's Off Topic thread about the picture, yes, there was definitely someone there, judging by the hand and more importantly the angle of Brad's other shoulder. Seeing as he was pretty firm on the blog, I'd say it isn't important, though...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:16 pm

...And our time limit just got a week shorter. This is not good. Well DAMN. adf;ljfioa;jgioar;jfiorajfioajiofarjo

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:20 pm

http://taracoulson.ezblog.twwf.info/?p=193#comments

I guess I convinced Brad to tell him the truth
hopefully that was a good idea
:/
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:30 pm

Yeah, so...
I thought we'd already agreed not to say MAJOR POTENTIALLY GAME-CHANGING STUFF on the blogs before at least giving the Tram a declaration of intent? :?
(might have been before your time though, Eli)
But what's done is done, and Brad replied and reacted to your comment before anyone else could say anything, so... I just really hope this doesn't backfire. I might have advised more caution (which I did, in a later comment... if Brad even sees it now).

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:01 pm

Well, he took it pretty well. No harm done.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:40 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Yeah, so...
I thought we'd already agreed not to say MAJOR POTENTIALLY GAME-CHANGING STUFF on the blogs before at least giving the Tram a declaration of intent? :?
(might have been before your time though, Eli)
But what's done is done, and Brad replied and reacted to your comment before anyone else could say anything, so... I just really hope this doesn't backfire. I might have advised more caution (which I did, in a later comment... if Brad even sees it now).

I think you're being a little hard on Eli. I read the post. There's nothing wrong with it. All she did was give her own personal opinion. And it's a good one. The only reason why Brad would've reacted to it was because it was a good idea, and the right thing to do, and meta-wise, it was probably going to happen anyway. Otherwise, Brad would've made some excuse or ignored it altogether.

It's not like Eli told Brad to do anything against his will, or revealed information we've been trying to keep. She was just speaking her mind. Let's not discourage that, please. That's what we SHOULD be doing. And I commend Eli for her amazing contribution. That was a very good thing.
WackyMeetsPractical

Return to [REFIC'D] Don Quixote