Audio Transcript

"Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind."

[Refictionalized 12 Dec 2012]

Audio Transcript

Postby Lordxana0 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:59 pm

(Recording begins)

JEN: He’s just tweeted that he’s about to arrive. Shame we didn’t pick a time when there’s more people around. I want to capture every moment of this. I’ll be listening to this recording many times, I predict.

(Quixote bursts into the room)

QUIXOTE: Jennifer Hacki… Deanna c… jenanna…

JEN: Jennifer Cooney, dear. You seem to be in some pain… My. Is that my fault? Should I get you a doctor?

QUIXOTE: I don’t need assistance from you, Jennifer Cooney! Whomever wrote the laws of chivalry never expected someone like you to appear.

JEN: Nice Big Damn Heroes moment. Always a great trope. I was just discussing tropes with Brad here. Truly fascinating.

(Cooney fires into the air)

JEN: Everyone except the wanna-be hero and this idiot next to me, leave, or the idiot gets a third eye!

JEN: To you see what I did there, Brad honey? A third eye? Do you get it Brad? DO YOU GET IT, BRAD!?

BRAD: Yeah.

JEN: Come on hun, this is the grand finale! The final page! Can’t you be a little more dramatic?

QUIXOTE: Miss Jennifer, this is not fiction. Your life is not some grand tale that obeys certain rules of storytelling.

JEN: Isn’t that your whole gimmick? That and “protecting women from evil men”? And now, you’re protecting a man from a woman and trying to convince me of reality? Everything you’ve ever felt has been a construct. Someone puts their thoughts on paper and makes all your decisions. All of your adventures in your world, they were written. There was never a choice for you. Your destiny was nothing but a script. Entertainment for this world’s readers. A slave of the pen. What meaning is there to your existence?

QUIXOTE: I know that someone made me up. I understand it, accept it. I’m just an idea… But I am standing here now. Meaning everything I’ve felt is real. I am a man who is both fictional AND real. I am happy in either world. But you? You disdain reality, simply because your life hasn’t gone quite the way you wanted it to. You’re trying to run away, hoping you’ll end up somewhere you can control. I was wondering why I’m able to go against you, in defiance of my chivalric nature. Now I see why. You’re not a woman. You’re a child. You see yourself as this world’s hero. You would give everyone meaning, roles to play, happy endings. You have no authority to decide how the world should be, how everyone’s lives should be. You had a difficult life. You were unable to find a place for yourself, and you dealt with a truly miserable illness. But that doesn’t give you the right to kill and destroy everyone’s loved ones to make them as miserable as you! (Pause, sigh of sadness, gearing up for the finishing blow) The people of this world can be terrible. But you’re the worst of all.

JEN: I’m… the villain?

BRAD: Jen. I came here planning to kill you. But I don’t want to have to kill anyone. I don’t want anymore blood-stained hands. We can help you get better, we c-

(Cooney punches Foreman)

JEN: The villain… the Big Bad? That’s just as good! Hero? Villain? What does it matter? This all came together so perfectly! This test-run, let’s call it. Don Quixote meets Brad, brother of Tara, former friend and associate of me, and a woman my colleague is obsessed with, so much so that he has pictures on his phone of her, the phone that I have Brad make Quixote find, and teach him how to use it! The phone leads Quixote to Tripky! And then they even meet Dr. Gamble. How could something like that ever go off exactly as planned? So many variables, so much reliance on luck, and everything went exactly as it was supposed to. I must be a Chessmaster! I’m the only one qualified to run a world of fiction! I will kill both of you, and the other fictionals, and the Metaguards, and the Cabal! Then I’ll kill the man in the suit and shatter the 4th wall! Fiction will engulf this world, and I will stand above it, the last one left who knows how to control it!

(Cooney shoots Quixote in the chest)

Brad: DON!

JEN: About time. Now then. Brad. The Bad Guy Wins. Downer Ending. The last of the True Companions is about to get a third eye. I’m still very upset that Tripky couldn’t get Tara between the eyes, I could have killed all 3 of my former friends the same way. “Three Third Eyes”, it just sounds so poetic, doesn’t it? Hey, that’s another one! Rule of Thr-

(Quixote, despite being shot, tackles Jennifer, getting the gun loose.)

Quixote: Get… gun…

BRAD: I’ve got it! Don’t move Jen! Don, you-

JEN: Get off of me, old man!

QUIXOTE: Rule… of three… was it. Maybe a… third shot at me… would have… finally hit… its… mark… The tropes… worked against you in the end… The heroes… tend to win… in fiction.

BRAD: Hang in there Don! Help is coming!

JEN: I was… I was the Big Bad!

QUIXOTE: Big… Bad… Wannabe. By the way, Jennifer. In the words of one of my wise and helpful friend, Dryunya… go fuck yourself…

BRAD: Check him! Please! Is he alive!? DON!
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Re: Audio Transcript

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Thank you, Xana. Also if someone could nudge Joe to put the audio on WTF, that would be awesome.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:26 pm

And for people who want to listen to the audio now, it can be downloaded here: http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=17fc89e9c5eabaf2bcb9b2f8aeffa77e
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:26 pm

I don't have enough limes for this.
Quixote wrote:Big… Bad… Wannabe. By the way, Jennifer. In the words of one of my wise and helpful friend, Dryunya… go fuck yourself…
:gurt:
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Jeroic9 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:21 pm

And Dryu wins everything forever.
I wrote a book. Adding to the far side of the wall.
Jeroic9

Postby JRPictures on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:51 am

So beautiful. (Even if the audio felt rather disconnected.)

Still hearing Don pull a Precision F Strike in Shout Out of Dryu is F*CKING AWESOME :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt:
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:39 am

Congrats, guys. I clicked download, and Google Chrome ate itself, taking my computer's ability to function along with it. Real nice.

Seriously, check what kind of crap you're linking to before you actually link it, okay? Even after a system restore, everything's still a bit wonky. Not to mention all of my tabs and new tab functions also died horribly, so I'm in for an extra-long slog through my internet history and Chrome options. -_-

The audio file itself? I'll leave it at this- I don't think it was worth the download, hassle or not.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
Endless Sea

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:12 am

Endless Sea wrote:Congrats, guys. I clicked download, and Google Chrome ate itself, taking my computer's ability to function along with it. Real nice.

Seriously, check what kind of crap you're linking to before you actually link it, okay? Even after a system restore, everything's still a bit wonky. Not to mention all of my tabs and new tab functions also died horribly, so I'm in for an extra-long slog through my internet history and Chrome options. -_-

The audio file itself? I'll leave it at this- I don't think it was worth the download, hassle or not.

Me thinks you clicked on the wrong button Endless. Don't blame us for that.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:26 am

Endless Sea wrote:Congrats, guys. I clicked download, and Google Chrome ate itself, taking my computer's ability to function along with it. Real nice.

There isn't anything wrong with the file, Endless. I would have found it if there was. My paranoia makes me REALLY cautious of downloaded files. I dunno what happened, but it wasn't that...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:28 am

I won't requote my Fulttershy-inspired rant from the chat, so I'll just say that I appreciate that they gave us the record (and the CMOA nomination, thanks guys :oops: ), but the quality was... objectively subpar. :(

I understand that there were limits, resources and stuff (yes, I'm aware that the actors may have recorded their samples from all around the world, and it's awesome), and that they were aware of the quality (Brad kept saying that it was damaged, or something), and I can handle Brad's Dull Surprise, but the transition between the sound samples... Made me think They Just Didn't Care. Even I could do better, and I thought they had the tech-guys.
Sorry if I hurt anyone. :(

Also, I'm not really complaining, but for future reference, I'm pronounced Drew-nya. ;)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:12 am

Pixelmage wrote:I don't have enough limes for this.
Quixote wrote:Big… Bad… Wannabe. By the way, Jennifer. In the words of one of my wise and helpful friend, Dryunya… go fuck yourself…

Wait, how does Quixote know tropes?
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby The Finch on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:00 am

>>QUIXOTE: Big… Bad… Wannabe. By the way, Jennifer. In the words of one of my wise and helpful friend, Dryunya… go fuck yourself…

>>MFW

Dryu, you win everything.
Attachments
693.jpg
693.jpg (4.51 KiB) Viewed 1304 times
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:08 am

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:

Quixote doesn't have to know tropes. Deanna's been saying she was a big bad during the whole confrontation. He just added his own spin to the end. Besides, any third grader who's never heard of a big bad should be able to figure out what a big bad is just by listening to the name. It's not very complex.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:39 am

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:Wait, how does Quixote know tropes?

Quixote doesn't have to know tropes. Deanna's been saying she was a big bad during the whole confrontation. He just added his own spin to the end. Besides, any third grader who's never heard of a big bad should be able to figure out what a big bad is just by listening to the name. It's not very complex.

I know, but what are the odds that he chose the name of a trope itself, which happens to reflect exactly what happened?
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby H22 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:44 am

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:Wait, how does Quixote know tropes?

I know, but what are the odds that he chose the name of a trope itself, which happens to reflect exactly what happened?

Quite high, I think. 'Wanabee''s not an uncommon word, is it not?
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:46 am

"Wanabee" is, but "Wannabe" isn't. I see your point now. I simply found it to be slightly confusing.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby H22 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:48 am

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:"Wanabee" is, but "Wannabe" isn't. I see your point now. I simply found it to be slightly confusing.

Hey, I've never used the word in my life.
H22

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:47 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:

Me thinks you clicked on the wrong button Endless. Don't blame us for that.

...but I got the audio file...?
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
Endless Sea

Postby H22 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:51 pm

Obviously you might be reluctantb to, but have you tried it in another browser?
H22

Postby S_o_S on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:29 pm

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:

I'm just going to call this one an Acceptable Break From Reality and move on. Hardly the most important detail...
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Terrac1 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:18 pm

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:
Quixote wrote:Big… Bad… Wannabe. By the way, Jennifer. In the words of one of my wise and helpful friend, Dryunya… go Screw yourself…

Perhaps the high concentration of Tropes caused by Hackins caused him to say it?
The demons are Pink, Yellow and Rainbow. No matter where I go they are always there.

Congratulations everyone!
Terrac1

Return to [REFIC'D] Don Quixote