Refictionalization: Don Quixote's collab comic

"Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind."

[Refictionalized 12 Dec 2012]

Refictionalization: Don Quixote's collab comic

Postby Dryunya on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:26 pm

So, I had this crazy idea that found some support. The work process is here.

So... post your scripts, feel free to edit them afterwards, and we'll summon Mr. A here in a couple of days (maybe later). Any questions should go in the other refic thread - this one is strictly to compile the material.

Oh, one last thing: I know it's tempting, but please don't actively interfere in the others' scripts, or Mr. A won't accept them (remember, one-man writing is a requirement).
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Re: Refictionalization: Don Quixote's collab comic

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:50 pm

Oh and also, I'm not going to write a script, because I'm not familiar with comic-script-writing, and I can't draw, but I have an idea for when Dryu's editing the stuff together. It will not harm your original work, but I don't want to explain further for fear of lowering the levels of Crazy Awesome. Unspoken Plan Guarantee and all that.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:57 pm

I can help with drawing, and I'll aid others with ideas for the writing if they'd like.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Victin on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:03 pm

I'd draw if I had the time, but I believe I can write the script, or at least some of it.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Scarab on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:23 pm

I think it's a great idea, I'd love to add a panel! :D
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Victin on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:15 pm

Scarab wrote:I think it's a great idea, I'd love to add a panel! :D

In my opinion you should make the cover and/or the last panel, to start/end with awesomeness.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Victin on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:28 pm

Last edited by Victin on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Victin

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:28 pm

I'll join in this. I can draw a page, at least.

I don't know if I'll submit a script. If i can come up with an idea and get around to it, then yes. But otherwise, I think I'll just help as an artist.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Victin on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:50 pm

My ideas so far (take in account I was going to make the comic in Minecraft):

• DQ wakes up in a bed and discovers he was taken there by a Witch. They talk and she reveals to him she was trying to summon an undead minion, but DQ was the closest thing she managed to at first, and she was going to let him die, but then she discovered that the Undead burn in the sun, so she decided to keep DQ as a helper or something, by partially healing him. AS they talk she reveals she's evil and such, but DQ doesn't believe her [ECHO].
  • She gets mad at him, and they keep discussing. It ends with DQ owning her by doing something silly, as for example throwing her through the window, but she falls one meter and something, but end up in a hole. They keep discussing and Quixote unknowing starts to break her house, and it ends with her agreeing to completely heals Quixote if he leaves.
  • She points him to the closest city. After leaving, he sleeps in a cave, where he meets Giant Spiders [ECHO]. They fight, but DQ end up taking a spider egg with him.

That's a short summary; If I have time tomorrow I'll post more.

Your markup was a mess. Fix'd. ~D
Victin

Postby Dryunya on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:28 am

I'll read a recap or something later today (I really want to read the book, but we're pressed for time :( ), and then I'll see what I'll come up with.

But the windmills will totally be giant robots. And there will be an xkcd Shout-Out. That's gonna be sooo horrible. :D
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Dryunya on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:17 pm

Well, with the deadline update and my general inclination to not doing anything, I don't think the project is possible to complete by 11th. And I don't think I can live up to the hype.
Sorry, guys. :(
Dryunya

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Shame.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Scarab on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:01 pm

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:Shame.

Yeah :( but maybe there'll be oppertunities for something like that in the future. be a shame to let all this unbridled creativity go to waste :D
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Return to [REFIC'D] Don Quixote