What do we do with him?

"Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind."

[Refictionalized 12 Dec 2012]

Re: What do we do with him?

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:17 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:
Goldude wrote:
Jeroic9 wrote:I think he's getting himself into a noir story by accident. Some new woman has asked to see him, after he learned how to answer the techno as a phone, and asked not to tell anyone her name or where they were meeting.

...Why do I find Quixote as a Noir detective so amusing?

"October 20th. Attacked a windmill. Thought it was a giant on a rampage. Have to find out who put it there. Justice and chivalry will prevail."

"Giant carcass in alley this morning, lance wound on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the windmills and scoundrels will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No.""

You are all my most favoritest people right now.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Jeroic9 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:11 pm

Goldude wrote:
Jeroic9 wrote:I think he's getting himself into a noir story by accident. Some new woman has asked to see him, after he learned how to answer the techno as a phone, and asked not to tell anyone her name or where they were meeting.

"October 20th. Attacked a windmill. Thought it was a giant on a rampage. Have to find out who put it there. Justice and chivalry will prevail."

October 16th/17th: Broke into Tripky's to find him gone, papers full of useless crap and unknown blue shards lay scattered around. Using the techno I got hints on the Twitter. Starting to think Deanne can be trusted.
I wrote a book. Adding to the far side of the wall.
Jeroic9

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:22 pm

Jeroic9 wrote:
Goldude wrote:

October 16th/17th: Broke into Tripky's to find him gone, papers full of useless crap and unknown blue shards lay scattered around. Using the techno I got hints on the Twitter. Starting to think Deanne can be trusted.

Uh... not to cause a panic, but isn't this usually the part in Noir where the mysterious woman who hired him gets murdered? :shock:
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:40 pm

Yeah, or she double crosses him. We don't know anything about Deanna really, but she did hit him. She's likely a femme fatale.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:30 pm

Zup wrote:Yeah, or she double crosses him. We don't know anything about Deanna really, but she did hit him. She's likely a femme fatale.

Urgh... and being Don, he's unlikely to suspect treachery from a woman (unless he's catching on to modern ideas about chivalry by this point which admittedly he may be...)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:41 pm

Scarab wrote:
Zup wrote:Yeah, or she double crosses him. We don't know anything about Deanna really, but she did hit him. She's likely a femme fatale.

Urgh... and being Don, he's unlikely to suspect treachery from a woman (unless he's catching on to modern ideas about chivalry by this point which admittedly he may be...)

He's still unwilling to look at Deanna's blog, because it is "her thoughts." Yeah, I don't think he's adjusted that much.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:49 pm

Zup wrote:
Scarab wrote:

He's still unwilling to look at Deanna's blog, because it is "her thoughts." Yeah, I don't think he's adjusted that much.

Wait. Deanna has a blog? Where is that? When did that happen?
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:51 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Wait. Deanna has a blog? Where is that? When did that happen?

It was a slip. He meant Tara's.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:51 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Wait. Deanna has a blog? Where is that? When did that happen?

Oh. I see.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:55 pm

Sicon112 wrote:

That I did.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Jeroic9 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:01 pm

So, some of you may have understood what Brad meant on the twitter, but in any case the long and short of it is we need to prioritize finding the Woodland Park Zoo Quixote echo. Who here is from the area and can get there? We have at most three weeks and I'm literally on the opposite end of the country.
I wrote a book. Adding to the far side of the wall.
Jeroic9

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:04 pm

See the relevant Echo thread.

Jack and Inukai are in Seattle, though they've both said they'll have difficulty getting to it/a smartphone.

If anyone knows anyone there, please don't hesitate to contact them.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Previous

Return to [REFIC'D] Don Quixote