What do we do with him?

"Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind."

[Refictionalized 12 Dec 2012]

What do we do with him?

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:30 pm

So, there is Don Quixote walking among us. He is open to conversations, but what are we going to do with him? He is sooo getting himself in trouble if we leave him as he is.
(And he also recognized himself in the Chainmail Guy video.)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Re: What do we do with him?

Postby Replica on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:31 pm

Yeah! I kind of contributed! With the video.

Anyway, I would think it would be good to try and locate his armor but that seems near-impossible.
Replica

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Well, first thing's first: Does he know he's fictional?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby JackAlsworth on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:34 pm

Unlikely. Victin mentioned that he had read stories about his prowess, and this was his response.

EDIT: Heard. He heard stories. Sorry. That may or may not invalidate my point.
JackAlsworth

Postby Victin on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:36 pm

Look at this. What do you think?
Also, :o DON QUIXOTE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS OF ALL TIME :mrgreen: I HAVE NO WORDS TO THIS AWESOMENESS, OH WAIT I DO HAVE, :gurt:
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Goldude on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:36 pm

He's been here for possibly a month.
1st official attempted Spanner In The Works and light in the darkness.
Goldude

Postby Replica on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:40 pm

He has a smartphone.
Replica

Postby Fang_ on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:41 pm

Replica wrote:Yeah! I kind of contributed! With the video.

Anyway, I would think it would be good to try and locate his armor but that seems near-impossible.

Instead of that, why don't we try and locate an actual black smith for him. Crazy, I know, but I mean with a city that large they must have a place inwhich you can either get antiques, replica armour, etc, etc for recreational use.
Fang_

Postby Victin on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:44 pm

Fang_ wrote:

Instead of that, why don't we try and locate an actual black smith for him. Crazy, I know, but I mean with a city that large they must have a place inwhich you can either get antiques, replica armour, etc, etc for recreational use.

The best way would be having someone there. And who do we have there? This person
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:45 pm

Fang_ wrote:

Closest thing I can think of would be an ironmongers. Dunno if America has them. Btw is directing him to a smithy a good idea? A guy in full armour with a sword would not fit in.

EDIT: Can't type today.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Victin on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:47 pm

Maybe we could give him a bulletproof vest. Also, what? I just thought of it, and he posted. But seriously, what?
EDIT: \/ Ninja'd
Last edited by Victin on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Victin

Postby Goldude on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:48 pm

>I love how everyone in this new world speaks Spanish! So very convenient!

Wat.
Goldude

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Well, that does it. He doesn't know he's fictional and even believes he's still speaking Spanish. F***
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Victin wrote:Maybe we could give him a bulletproof vest. Also, what? I just thought of it, and he posted. But seriously, what?
EDIT: \/ Ninja'd

Everyone to him is speaking spanish? Someone try speaking to him in actual spanish lol.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby JackAlsworth on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:51 pm

Victin wrote:Also, what? I just thought of it, and he posted. But seriously, what?

The possibility I thought of is that all these characters are leaking out of English translations of their books, so they don't know they're speaking a different language.
JackAlsworth

Postby Fang_ on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:52 pm

Victin wrote:Maybe we could give him a bulletproof vest. Also, what? I just thought of it, and he posted. But seriously, what?

Bulletproof vest is a good idea, would be at least more protection for him seeing as we KNOW he will get into trouble... and I have no words for that lol. Other than maybe just for the sake of convenience the world "loads" Spanish for him.
Fang_

Postby Zarek on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:53 pm

The possibility I thought of is that all these characters are leaking out of English translations of their books, so they don't know they're speaking a different language.

I figured that, too, but then how come he commented on people speaking "fragmented English" or whatever earlier?
Zarek

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:54 pm

The internet. Lol and WTF and tlkng lik ths.
IslaKariese

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:56 pm

What if we send him his book?

I'm afraid of a Heroic BSOD, but that might be one way to confirm his awareness level.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:58 pm

Guys. I think you are talking about irrelevant stuff.
There is a freaking guy in a suit of armor walking around with a freaking stolen iPhone (that wasn't charged for a week, lol). I can't believe he's still talking to us. The first thing we need to do is to keep him in touch and out of trouble.
I kind of missed the point that the phone charge was conveniently ignored until now... And mentioned it to him. Kind of a Genre Blind move on my part, but oh well. I'm not sure whether or not the police will trace the stolen iPhone and catch him, but considering that he is walking around for that time, I believe he may be safe (though that scratches my Suspension Of Disbelief quite deeply).
What do we need to do next? Teach him where to get food? Shelter? Goddamn money?
Are we goddamn babysitters for a Fish Out Of Temporal Water now? :evil:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Goldude on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:00 pm

...Should we point him to Cheshire? Mr. A? Holmes?
Goldude

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:00 pm

Yes. Yes we are.
IslaKariese

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:01 pm

It doesn't seem like he needs a babysitter. He's lasted this long. All he needs is his armor. Let's let that be the focus. Although I have no idea how to go about finding it.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Victin on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:01 pm

Dryunya wrote:Guys. I think you are talking about irrelevant stuff.
There is a freaking guy in a suit of armor walking around with a freaking stolen iPhone (that wasn't charged for a week, lol). I can't believe he's still talking to us. The first thing we need to do is to keep him in touch and out of trouble.
I kind of missed the point that the phone charge was conveniently ignored until now... And mentioned it to him. Kind of a Genre Blind move on my part, but oh well. I'm not sure whether or not the police will trace the stolen iPhone and catch him, but considering that he is walking around for that time, I believe he may be safe (though that scratches my Suspension Of Disbelief quite deeply).
What do we need to do next? Teach him where to get food? Shelter? Goddamn money?
Are we goddamn babysitters for a Fish Out Of Temporal Water now? :evil:

It isn't stolen. Someone taught him how to use it. I pointed it out . :evil:

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:It doesn't seem like he needs a babysitter. He's lasted this long. All he needs is his armor. Let's let that be the focus. Although I have no idea how to go about finding it.

We could find the "lad" that helped him.
Last edited by Victin on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Victin

Postby Replica on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:01 pm

Metababysitters. Not quite as impressive as the other thing but a valiant task.
Replica

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Don Quixote