What do we do with him?

"Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind."

[Refictionalized 12 Dec 2012]

Re: What do we do with him?

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:32 pm

I think he gave up on his armour.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:32 pm

NeverSlender wrote:I think he gave up on his armour.

Well, damn. I guess we're about to find out what happens when Don Quixote tries to get into a hotel without paying :/
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:34 pm

Scarab wrote:

Well, damn. I guess we're about to find out what happens when Don Quixote tries to get into a hotel without paying :/

Good: He'll end up with somewhere to stay. Bad: It'll be a police cell.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:48 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Scarab wrote:

Good: He'll end up with somewhere to stay. Bad: It'll be a police cell.

Here's hoping it's the former. A part of me wonders if we shouldn't try and direct the guy to a shelter of some kindwhere they don't require payment, but... I don't know, that sounds like it would raise more questions and problems than anything else.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:50 pm

Aren't we assuming he still has money? He did say he got an awful lot of it as an award for stopping that purse snatcher when he first arrived. I'm under the assumption that that will serve as his bottomless money pit until the plot demands it runs out.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Victin on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:09 pm

He found a place to stay under the name of Lance Chevalier.
EDIT: The owner is creepy. It seems that we may have something going on here.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby JackAlsworth on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:13 pm

I've searched "Tripky Inn" on all of the engines I can think of. I've never heard of it, and it doesn't seem to exist on the internet. (Although Lance's last tweet implies that it's kind of a dump.)
JackAlsworth

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:38 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:I've searched "Tripky Inn" on all of the engines I can think of. I've never heard of it, and it doesn't seem to exist on the internet. (Although Lance's last tweet implies that it's kind of a dump.)

Yea, I just did a comprehensive search and no hotel by that name exists. Well, crap. I see trouble coming.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:53 pm

Just to add the possibility that it isn't a fictional hotel, maybe it's a poor hotel, that's why it's a dump and why there isn't a site for it. But I believe it's indeed a fictional one.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:55 pm

Victin wrote:Just to add the possibility that it isn't a fictional hotel, maybe it's a poor hotel, that's why it's a dump and why there isn't a site for it. But I believe it's indeed a fictional one.

We decided to use the word fake. Calling it fictional became too confusing.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Victin on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:56 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Victin wrote:Just to add the possibility that it isn't a fictional hotel, maybe it's a poor hotel, that's why it's a dump and why there isn't a site for it. But I believe it's indeed a fictional one.

Oh sorry. But just to now, where did it happen?
Victin

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:58 pm

Victin wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:

What do you mean?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Victin on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:59 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Victin wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:We decided to use the word fake. Calling it fictional became too confusing.

What do you mean?

In wich thread you decided that?
Victin

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:00 pm

Either this one or the Twitter Conversations thread.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby JackAlsworth on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:01 pm

Start here. (It's not an official decision, per se, but it's nice to have two different words for two different things.)
JackAlsworth

Postby Jeroic9 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:23 pm

Uh oh. I think we may have lost Quixote at the moment.
I wrote a book. Adding to the far side of the wall.
Jeroic9

Postby IslaKariese on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:24 pm

Jeroic9 wrote:Uh oh. I think we may have lost Quixote at the moment.

For now. I don't doubt he'll find some other way to reach the internet.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:01 am

IslaKariese wrote:
Jeroic9 wrote:Uh oh. I think we may have lost Quixote at the moment.

For now. I don't doubt he'll find some other way to reach the internet.

And if that doesn't happen, we do have one other option. He did send an e-mail to Holmes earlier today. If we end up losing Quixote for good because of this, we may be meant to direct Holmes to Seattle to help us find him after he finishes his current case. Though I was hoping he would spend some time there searching for Cinderella. But Quixote may have higher priority here.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:10 am

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:And if that doesn't happen, we do have one other option. He did send an e-mail to Holmes earlier today. If we end up losing Quixote for good because of this, we may be meant to direct Holmes to Seattle to help us find him after he finishes his current case. Though I was hoping he would spend some time there searching for Cinderella. But Quixote may have higher priority here.

Good thinking. If the New York case is closed before Don manages to contact us, someone should send in a missing persons report and request for investigation to Holmes' site. I probably can do it. I've gotten mostly good responses from him. If anyone else would like to, bring it up and we can decide.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:58 am

Sicon112 wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:And if that doesn't happen, we do have one other option. He did send an e-mail to Holmes earlier today. If we end up losing Quixote for good because of this, we may be meant to direct Holmes to Seattle to help us find him after he finishes his current case. Though I was hoping he would spend some time there searching for Cinderella. But Quixote may have higher priority here.

Good thinking. If the New York case is closed before Don manages to contact us, someone should send in a missing persons report and request for investigation to Holmes' site. I probably can do it. I've gotten mostly good responses from him. If anyone else would like to, bring it up and we can decide.

Can't we just contact Poirot? Holmes is occupied right now.
Victin

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:05 am

Victin wrote:Can't we just contact Poirot? Holmes is occupied right now.

Probably, but we don't even know if Poirot has successfully made it to New York. And when he does, it's likely he'll find a case too. That's pretty much how it's been working so far.

I think it must be Holmes, since Holmes has already been contacted by Quixote, Holmes may have a bit of an invested interest, as well as an advantage if there is something in the email he could use to deduce the location of Quixote. Poirot could be helpful, and may very well work together with Holmes to solve the mystery, but I do believe it must begin with Holmes.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Jeroic9 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:29 pm

It seems Quixote has the techno back, but I'm concerned that he and the hotel manager may wind up escalating to open violence. I think by the end of this we may need Holmes over there one way or the other.
I wrote a book. Adding to the far side of the wall.
Jeroic9

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:39 pm

Quixote's in a predicament. The man that stole his phone turned out to be the original owner. Quixote understands this, and understands that if he keeps the phone, that it is theft, which is not heroic in nature, but still wishes to keep the phone.

So, what do we do? Do we tell him to keep the phone or return it? I'm turn. It's not good for Quixote to be out there in the world without us to guide him and tell him how the world works. On the other hand, we can't just tell him to steal a guy's phone. This is a tough spot.

One thing I know for sure, we do NOT want to get the police involved.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Goldude on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:42 pm

Are there any bodybags in the hotel?
1st official attempted Spanner In The Works and light in the darkness.
Goldude

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:47 pm

Goldude wrote:Are there any bodybags in the hotel?

I did consider that. But no. Well. Maybe. We'll make that plan B.
WackyMeetsPractical

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Don Quixote