Twitter Conversations

"Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind."

[Refictionalized 12 Dec 2012]

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby JackAlsworth on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:57 pm

Made of Iron is when someone who took an incredible amount of physical damage doesn't really react to it. I think the closest one is Determinator.
JackAlsworth

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:00 pm

I concur.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby agoraoptera on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:32 pm

I call bullshit on this. A plot hook involving death of a blog writer and Quixote getting shot twice can't be just so simply resolved. Argh.
Sorry. I'm just really hacked off that this hook got resolved while I was asleep. ._____."
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby S_o_S on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:33 pm

agoraoptera wrote:I call bullshit on this. A plot hook involving death of a blog writer and Quixote getting shot twice can't be just so simply resolved. Argh.
Sorry. I'm just really hacked off that this hook got resolved while I was asleep. ._____."

This entire post is how I feel. No fucking way is this over.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:43 pm

cAke confirmed that it is over, well, for a certain value of over.
In a way he basically said: Forget about this. Go do other stuff and if this becomes important again I'll call you all.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:50 pm

I agree - she has received too much attention to be Put On A Bus, but it may just be a case of Reality Ensuing. She may escape later, but, as I said, there probably won't be enough time left to give her new storyline a proper resolution.
Besides, I don't really like her as a character. I'd prefer some meta-mindfuck-villain than someone who wants to destroy the fabric of reality for shits and giggles. Also, she was too insane to analyze, and that annoyed me. :evil:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:04 pm

...Yup, I was right, she's just CRAZY.

(Also, this must be a case of Hollywood Psychiatry. Gamble should have gotten into SERIOUS trouble from the College of Physicians and Surgeons for wrongfully discharging Jennifer. Psychiatrists get death threats and stuff from unhinged patients frequently enough; if you take it seriously, you have the patient transferred to a different hospital, but you DON'T just DISCHARGE someone who is "a danger to herself and others". *facepalm* Plus "house-sitting" for a former patient, even once retired, goes WAY past the line of maintaining acceptable distance between patient and doctor.
On the subject of Hollywood Psychiatry, Lawson also COMPLETELY violated confidentiality rules by posting audio recordings of a session with her patient. Not that I mind. [/rant])
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:54 am

All right, I just had a Fridge moment on something:
So Deanna and Tara were childhood friends.
And Tara went to Deanna for a photoshoot.
And... Tara didn't recognize her? Or suspect anything, knowing presumably that Deanna's crazy and suspected of murdering her sister?
And if she trusted Deanna at that point, she can't have for long, once she found out the truth about Mann, who was ostensibly working with Deanna.

PLOT HOLE. MY BRAIN HURTS.
...Okay, time to sleep. But I still want this explained.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Terrac1 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:08 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:All right, I just had a Fridge moment on something:
So Deanna and Tara were childhood friends.
And Tara went to Deanna for a photoshoot.
And... Tara didn't recognize her? Or suspect anything, knowing presumably that Deanna's crazy and suspected of murdering her sister?
And if she trusted Deanna at that point, she can't have for long, once she found out the truth about Mann, who was ostensibly working with Deanna.

I may have missed something but did she know that Deanna was Jennifer at that time? If not then it's not that big of an assumption that Tara just didn't connect the dots. Trust me a fiend of mine talked to me without recognizing me after about two years without visual contact. Or she could have been unconsciously denying it or something.
The demons are Pink, Yellow and Rainbow. No matter where I go they are always there.

Congratulations everyone!
Terrac1

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:15 am

It's one thing to take a while to recognize a friend.
But the level of connection implied between them-- the four of them were thick as thieves. This is like not recognizing your sister. Even after who knows how many years of contact, there's no way she couldn't have figured it out after seeing her.
(On the bright side, this comes with some Fridge Brilliance, too: when we were analysing the calendar, people kept complaining that there was no way for Tara to know the significance of the number's she'd circled, and that Tara didn't seem bright enough to embed a complex code in that video. But, considering she was childhood friends and co-codemakers with Deanna, looks like we were wrong on both counts!)

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Terrac1 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:23 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:It's one thing to take a while to recognize a friend.
But the level of connection implied between them-- the four of them were thick as thieves. This is like not recognizing your sister. Even after who knows how many years of contact, there's no way she couldn't have figured it out after seeing her.
(On the bright side, this comes with some Fridge Brilliance, too: when we were analyzing the calendar, people kept complaining that there was no way for Tara to know the significance of the number's she'd circled, and that Tara didn't seem bright enough to embed a complex code in that video. But, considering she was childhood friends and co-codemakers with Deanna, looks like we were wrong on both counts!)

Good point. That does sorta make the denial theory work though I know I wouldn't want to believe a close friend is actually a psycho. I'll just stick to that shaky excuse until something better comes along.

And I totally missed that bit of logic that's a consistency point to the GMs.
The demons are Pink, Yellow and Rainbow. No matter where I go they are always there.

Congratulations everyone!
Terrac1

Postby SOHCAHTOA on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:28 pm

What a Plot Tumor. She caused so much chaos, just to get this Anti-Climatic ending? Just to be "Irrelevant"? But as frustrated as I am, I have to congratulate the Puppetmasters on such a perfect mimicry of reality. We have to remember that, at all times, life goes on, and if you focus on a single thing, you're bound to lose a dozen others. This sidequest might have given me frustration, but it was not dissapointing, and the fact that she got Put On a Bus so easily is a way of the Puppetmasters saying "you're too facused on the details, look at the big picture".

AND we'll get a kickass sound recording of Quixote's battle of wits versus the Jestress.
I'm back, not that anyone cares.
SOHCAHTOA

Postby Dryunya on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:05 pm

Jestress... I like that name. :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:25 am

Some updates from Brad on Don's Twitter account:

1. Jennifer has now been implicated in Miranda's murder.
2. Dr. Gamble is probably going to face some consequences for releasing Jennifer.
3. Don is recovering and should be tweeting again in a few days.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:26 am

narrativedilettante wrote:2. Dr. Gamble is probably going to face some consequences for releasing Jennifer.

I guess if this happens I can pull my Hollywood Psych complaint off her page.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby S_o_S on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:51 pm

In addition, it seems that Brad will be assuming control of Tara's old blog to post his thoughts on the matter.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Scarab on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:54 pm

S_o_S wrote:In addition, it seems that Brad will be assuming control of Tara's old blog to post his thoughts on the matter.

Seems like we have another regular character :) Is he on the character list, by the way?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:23 pm

Yes he is, but he doesn't have a lot of tropes.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:48 pm

Quixote is awake, and Brad is gonna fill him in. Looks like our human incarnation of Crazy Awesome will be back with us soon.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:57 pm

Glorious.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Victin on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:24 pm

"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Victin on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:34 pm

"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:26 pm

Don Quixote is ABSOLUTELY EPIC!
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:06 pm

Quixote has just asked for sites he can waste a lot of time on.

Edit: I have linked him to tvtropes. God help him. God help us all.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:30 pm

:shock: This cannot end neutrally.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Don Quixote